LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 428 users in the forums

Trading for pick 2

• fip24
  • Veteran
Jets have CJ Mosley. I would consider Fred +12 for a #1 and the chance to draft Lawrence but no way I'd do it for Wilson or Fields.

Jimmy G , Warner and #12 is better than Fields or Wilson and 17m in cap space
Originally posted by NinerG94:
So you're all for pulling a Ditka and giving up one or more proven elite defenders and a boatload of picks for an unproven rookie quarterback and just filling out the biggest problem area on the team with mediocre vets and a mid round center? Seems like a sound plan. However we've already seen what mediocre vets and a mid round center gets you. An injured QB. We've been following your plan for linemen for 5+ seasons or more now and I for one am sick and tired of not seeing some serious resources invested in upgrading the interior offensive line.

Weakening multiple positions of strength and making them weaknesses while completely ignoring the major weaknesses that already need upgrades in order to draft potential at only one position is an obvious recipe for failure IMO.

I didnt say that. I just want them to get the QB of the future. I said nothing about Warner, just getting the trade done with picks. I didn't mention it, but that's what I meant.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Jan 15, 2021 at 7:08 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
UNLESS we offer Mr. Green the 12th overall, Warner Bosa and Kittle, he aint giving us the 2nd overall pick..

We have a better chance giving him the 12th overall while getting his second 1st rounder, 2nd and 3rd this year plus some picks in 2022..
It may help us get a deal done but Joe Douglas is still the GM, not Saleh. Warner is also not someone we'd be smart to move. Shipping off young all pros isn't how you keep a locker room playing strong for you.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
It may help us get a deal done but Joe Douglas is still the GM, not Saleh. Warner is also not someone we'd be smart to move. Shipping off young all pros isn't how you keep a locker room playing strong for you.

SUBJECTIVE..

do you think the Raiders was wrong on trading MACK and getting all them picks ??
Originally posted by 9moon:

SUBJECTIVE..

do you think the Raiders was wrong on trading MACK and getting all them picks ??

They didn't pick any player who is any close to Mack. Jacobs is good but he's a RB and neither of the other guys they got with that capital is that great. Their defense is as mediocre as always.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Originally posted by 9moon:

SUBJECTIVE..

They didn't pick any player who is any close to Mack. Jacobs is good but he's a RB and neither of the other guys they got with that capital is that great. Their defense is as mediocre as always.

I didn't ask about the players they drafted, I asked if the Raiders made a mistake trading Mack and getting al them picks?

here, this may be an easier question to answer... With what the Raiders got from the Mack deal, would you trade Warner as well??
I'm not trading a proven elite player for an unproven draft prospect. Imagine trading Fred Warner away, and the guy you draft busts. There are no guarantees in the draft.

Now, if you want to talk about trading for a proven NFL QB, that's an entirely different discussion.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 15, 2021 at 7:44 PM ]
😵
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
You want to trade our defensive leader and all star for a chance at an unproven rookie? No thanks.

Sorta did that with Buckner last year.
Apples/oranges, sure, but I wouldn't rule anything out, save for Kittle and Bosa.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
My hope is that Lawrence goes 1, Fields 2 and then someone like Penei Sewell/DeVonta Smith 3 and then we trade with Atlanta for number 4 overall. Give them our 1st and 2nd round pick this year and first next year.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm not trading a proven elite player for an unproven draft prospect. Imagine trading Fred Warner away, and the guy you draft busts. There are no guarantees in the draft.

Now, if you want to talk about trading for a proven NFL QB, that's an entirely different discussion.

Would you trade Jimmy G, Bosa, and #12 for Watson?
Never trading Kittle, Samuel, Bosa or Warner. Not happening. Trading Buckner was enough. They are not trading the guys they drafted.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

so in short, you would have kept Mack ...

BUT with the holes we need to fill, wont it be better to get all the extra picks like the Raiders did?

You gotta bet on yourself.... you gotta believe that you'll find another Warner since we did find him and didn't think he was going to be THIS good..

Different of opinions, if any team offers me the same picks the Raiders got for Mack, I say bye bye to Warner and good luck !!
No not trading Fred Warner. He may be the best player on our defense.
Share 49ersWebzone