LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Trading for pick 2

Remember they wasted a first rounder on draft bust Reuben Foster and payed big money to Kwon Alexander. Lynch, as a former defender knows how important the MLB position is. The advantage of an elite player at that position who is never missing games, just gets better, excellent tackler, blitzer and in coverage, sideline to sideline like 20 yards to make the stop for little or no gain.
You're not trading that for a potential draft bust. In any case you trade draft picks. Specially in the covid seasons the draft is a biggest crap shoot than ever
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Does Saleh becoming the Jets HC give the Niners their golden entry to making a deal for pick 2.

Saleh values alot of the players on our defense.

Fred Warner + 1.12 For 1.02

Imagine the cap savings moving Jimmy for a pick and moving Fred right before he gets a mega deal.

I think this is the class to get your Franchise Qb. We also have Demeco to find the next star mlb.

Just a thought? What y'all think?

Give up arguably the best linebacker for an unproven rookie at the position with the highest bust potential? Hard pass. Even for a proven quantity like Watson, this makes me cringe.
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Does Saleh becoming the Jets HC give the Niners their golden entry to making a deal for pick 2.

Imagine the cap savings moving Jimmy for a pick and moving Fred right before he gets a mega deal.

I think this is the class to get your Franchise Qb. We also have Demeco to find the next star mlb.

Give up arguably the best linebacker for an unproven rookie at the position with the highest bust potential? Hard pass. Even for a proven quantity like Watson, this makes me cringe.

Why is Warner so untouchable? Give me a proven QB or proven LB? isn't this obvious?
[ Edited by ChuckLeavy32 on Jan 16, 2021 at 8:16 AM ]
Let's trade Warner and Bosa for the #2 overall and keep our own #1. Maybe we can throw in Kittle. Let's get rid of all our good players and replace them with draft picks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
No to giving up Warner.

He's the heart and soul of our defense.

Injuries everywhere and yet we still maintained a high standard. Warner was the one constant. Not a coincidence imo.

Just stay at #12 and take Lance.
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

Why is Warner so untouchable? Give me a proven QB or proven LB? isn't this obvious?

I get what you're saying, but for a rookie, I'm not backing this at all.
[ Edited by DASeiler49 on Jan 16, 2021 at 2:08 PM ]
If another top defender is traded for another unknown player, I'm going to have to seek therapy and I'm going to charge it to the 49ers
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Let's trade Warner and Bosa for the #2 overall and keep our own #1. Maybe we can throw in Kittle. Let's get rid of all our good players and replace them with draft picks.

You realize how many good players they might possibly get if they traded away all their good players for draft picks?

Exactly. And much more possible when you have the coach who built Warner as your DC and you have another stud he produced in Dre ready to go. Plus our back up lb's are nice.

With Bosa back we are going to look like a top defense again with or without Fred.

Imagine getting a QB on a rookie deal. This is what we must focus on. Our chances of winning a Superbowl, statistically, rise dramatically. It's true.

Imagine going into next season with an elite qb prospect (Urban Meyer's words) who can escape a crumbling pocket.

We owe it to ourselves.
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Jan 16, 2021 at 10:12 AM ]

I get what you're saying, but for a rookie, I'm not backing this at all.

No def not for a rookie

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

You realize how many good players they might possibly get if they traded away all their good players for draft picks?

Lol right? Enough with this trade players bs. Throw those future picks out there and see what you can do. Let those teams have to pick their talent.
I wouldn't trade picks/pieces for a chance at the next Deshaun Watson when you can trade picks for the actual Deshaun Watson.
Warner and #12 still wouldn't be enough to get to #2.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
I wouldn't trade picks/pieces for a chance at the next Deshaun Watson when you can trade picks for the actual Deshaun Watson.

And you may be right. But really it comes down to your belief in Fields and Wilson.

I like many think it's an elite top 3. Watson will prob cost 3 1sts. Plus his contract will eat up like 10 more million of our salary cap then Jimmy...

History shows getting an elite prospect on a rookie deal provides the greatest chance at winning it all.
Share 49ersWebzone