LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

Trading for pick 2

Does Saleh becoming the Jets HC give the Niners their golden entry to making a deal for pick 2.

Saleh values alot of the players on our defense.

Fred Warner + 1.12 For 1.02

Imagine the cap savings moving Jimmy for a pick and moving Fred right before he gets a mega deal.

I think this is the class to get your Franchise Qb. We also have Demeco to find the next star mlb.

Just a thought? What y'all think?
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Jan 15, 2021 at 3:39 PM ]
Uh, no.

I think there is a huge lack of understanding here of how team structures work, different teams have GM/HC dynamics, generally only established coaches get much say in the conversation, I think Kyle is different as he was the hot name and Lynch along for the ride not being an established GM.

Joe Douglas is the only survivor of a house clean, he hired Saleh and really doesn't have to listen to him at all.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jan 15, 2021 at 3:47 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
If you could make it Dee Ford and Jimmie Ward plus the 12th then by all means count me in on the Zach Wilson bandwagon
No, let's not trade key pieces of the team.
Getting your future qb and clearing massive salary cap issues in one move would be massive...

MLB is replaceable... If we miss on QB we struggle for multiple years
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Getting your future qb and clearing massive salary cap issues in one move would be massive...

MLB is replaceable... If we miss on QB we struggle for multiple years

The problem is there is a misconception that only one type of QB can be successful.

#FAKENEWS
Yes let's talk ourselves out of the next Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahommes again

Originally posted by krizay:
The problem is there is a misconception that only one type of QB can be successful.

#FAKENEWS
Yes let's talk ourselves out of the next Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahommes again

#FAKENEWS

Why not just trade future picks instead of a proven elite player?
[ Edited by Alfienator on Jan 15, 2021 at 3:39 PM ]
No to giving up Warner.

He's the heart and soul of our defense.

Injuries everywhere and yet we still maintained a high standard. Warner was the one constant. Not a coincidence imo.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Because we have to give him something golden to get that pick. Fred is his boy, and Fred might still not be enough. They may be set on picking their own qb.

People were talking about moving Boss.. HELL NO!

But I would move Warner knowing we have the lb coach that not only made him but made Dre...

I would obv move picks before Fred but I'm just wondering if Saleh's affinity for Fred.

And the value Fred would provide at this critical time for Saleh's new defense. Especially lining players up and calling plays.

Maybe that is so important to Saleh he would stick with Darnold and let us take Mormon Mahommes.. or Justin I would love either

Because we have to give him something golden to get that pick. Fred is his boy, and Fred might still not be enough. They may be set on picking their own qb.

People were talking about moving Boss.. HELL NO!

But I would move Warner knowing we have the lb coach that not only made him but made Dre...

Which QB are you thinking about that the 9ers should get to trade to #2?
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Not a fan of trading future picks or key defenders

Not a fan of trading future picks or key defenders

Same here, but rather trade picks instead of key players if the Niners really want their QB.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Saleh is inheriting CJ Moseley at MLB.
Share 49ersWebzone