LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Trading for pick 2

Originally posted by krizay:
Not a fan of trading future picks or key defenders

Not a fan of being stuck in Jimmy limbo.

It was all cool til we couldn't trust him to stay healthy.

It's not like these elite qb prospects grow on trees and who knows when there will be a class this nice again and that we will even be on reach...

Lynch is bold. I pray if Shannahan has a guy, and his guy is within reach, Lynch does what it takes...

What else will make us jump more then an elite qb to run shanny's o
No to trading Fred Warner. That's the key to our defense for the next decade. Excited to have him and Demeco Ryans work together.

Jimmy going to the Jets makes sense to me. I already brought up a 3 way trade in the Deshaun Watson trade tread where we get Watson, Jets get Jimmy, and Texans get Darnold. Probably won't happen, but I could see a trade for Jimmy being worked if him and LaFleur got along well. Good market for Jimmy too.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Not a fan of being stuck in Jimmy limbo.

It was all cool til we couldn't trust him to stay healthy.

It's not like these elite qb prospects grow on trees and who knows when there will be a class this nice again and that we will even be on reach...

Lynch is bold. I pray if Shannahan has a guy, and his guy is within reach, Lynch does what it takes...

What else will make us jump more then an elite qb to run shanny's o

We agree on the Jimmy Limbo if nothing else
How sweet would it be if we did this trade and got Lawrence out of it.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Uh, no.

I think there is a huge lack of understanding here of how team structures work, different teams have GM/HC dynamics, generally only established coaches get much say in the conversation, I think Kyle is different as he was the hot name and Lynch along for the ride not being an established GM.

Joe Douglas is the only survivor of a house clean, he hired Saleh and really doesn't have to listen to him at all.

All of this.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NTeply49:
No to trading Fred Warner. That's the key to our defense for the next decade. Excited to have him and Demeco Ryans work together.

Jimmy going to the Jets makes sense to me. I already brought up a 3 way trade in the Deshaun Watson trade tread where we get Watson, Jets get Jimmy, and Texans get Darnold. Probably won't happen, but I could see a trade for Jimmy being worked if him and LaFleur got along well. Good market for Jimmy too.

Jets would be smarter to just bypass us and deal directly for Watson. They already hold two firsts in this draft class, one being #2 overall and putting the Texans in the driver's seat for Fields or Wilson as the Watson replacement.

They also have #34 and two third round picks in this draft class plus a boat load of cap space. Meaning they have a lot of resources to build other areas of need as well.
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Yes let's talk ourselves out of the next Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahommes again

Or the next Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Jared Goff or RG3.
Our 12 for Stafford
Originally posted by evil:

Jets would be smarter to just bypass us and deal directly for Watson. They already hold two firsts in this draft class, one being #2 overall and putting the Texans in the driver's seat for Fields or Wilson as the Watson replacement.

They also have #34 and two third round picks in this draft class plus a boat load of cap space. Meaning they have a lot of resources to build other areas of need as well.

Unless they really like Jimmy G, and would rather gamble on the guy that knows there system, but you're right. I don't think it's possible for us to get Watson. Just thinking out loud of the only realistic scenario I can see us getting him. No way Jimmy signs off on going to Houston, but the Jets, maybe if he likes LaFleur and playing the Pats. I personally like the idea Zach Wilson and Mac Jones sitting behind Jimmy....
You want to trade our defensive leader and all star for a chance at an unproven rookie? No thanks.

No, nope, nyet, yok (Turkish), nay, and any other ways of saying it. Moving from #12 to # 2 would be incredibly expensive and not in the overall best interests of the team. There.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

Unless they really like Jimmy G, and would rather gamble on the guy that knows there system, but you're right. I don't think it's possible for us to get Watson. Just thinking out loud of the only realistic scenario I can see us getting him. No way Jimmy signs off on going to Houston, but the Jets, maybe if he likes LaFleur and playing the Pats. I personally like the idea Zach Wilson and Mac Jones sitting behind Jimmy....

I have no qualms with replacing Jimmy with Wilson or Jones. I don't think he would be a no towards Houston without knowing who the HC is, but the situation brewing down there certainly won't play in their favor if they had interest in acquiring Jimmy right now.

Watson isn't the only QB who could be moved though, Stafford is also a possibility.
I'm all for it. Go get your FQB & so many issues for the offense would be solved. With Z. Wilson teams would have to respect the entire field & not just the short/middle because of his mobility & ability to throw deep accurately. Fill in the OL with some vets or a mid round C after resigning TW so he has some decent pass protection in the pocket.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
I'm all for it. Go get your FQB & so many issues for the offense would be solved. With Z. Wilson teams would have to respect the entire field & not just the short/middle because of his mobility & ability to throw deep accurately. Fill in the OL with some vets or a mid round C after resigning TW so he has some decent pass protection in the pocket.

So you're all for pulling a Ditka and giving up one or more proven elite defenders and a boatload of picks for an unproven rookie quarterback and just filling out the biggest problem area on the team with mediocre vets and a mid round center? Seems like a sound plan. However we've already seen what mediocre vets and a mid round center gets you. An injured QB. We've been following your plan for linemen for 5+ seasons or more now and I for one am sick and tired of not seeing some serious resources invested in upgrading the interior offensive line.

Weakening multiple positions of strength and making them weaknesses while completely ignoring the major weaknesses that already need upgrades in order to draft potential at only one position is an obvious recipe for failure IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone