Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
He absolutely has NFL arm strength, but get this s**t out the Mills thread

NY started it.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
He absolutely has NFL arm strength, but get this s**t out the Mills thread

NY started it.

I kinda did too.
I'm not suggesting that Mills (or Mond) are great long term solutions for finding a franchise QB.

I think we all know that our best shot at replacing Jimmy with a better long term answer is either trade or drafting one high. But there's a good chance that the 9ers don't do either. And if they stick with Jimmy they will need to replace CJ and Mullens with backups who might turn out to be more capable.

In that scenario I like Mills.
A loose, well-built passer, Mills shows the ability to scan, operate from various platforms and throw with touch/anticipation. He is one of the best middle-of-the-field passers in the draft, but he needs time to grow and eliminate the "what are you doing?" plays from his tape. Overall, Mills is still learning the throws he should and shouldn't make, but he has size and mobility and delivers a very catchable ball with the field-reading skills to develop into an NFL backup (and possibly more), although the health of his left knee is a strong concern.

https://theathletic.com/2390486/2021/02/17/trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-zach-wilson-nfl-draft-qbs/

Good article on the top 10 QB's in the draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
A loose, well-built passer, Mills shows the ability to scan, operate from various platforms and throw with touch/anticipation. He is one of the best middle-of-the-field passers in the draft, but he needs time to grow and eliminate the "what are you doing?" plays from his tape. Overall, Mills is still learning the throws he should and shouldn't make, but he has size and mobility and delivers a very catchable ball with the field-reading skills to develop into an NFL backup (and possibly more), although the health of his left knee is a strong concern.

https://theathletic.com/2390486/2021/02/17/trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-zach-wilson-nfl-draft-qbs/

Good article on the top 10 QB's in the draft.

Sounds like a certain QB we know?!
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

If we can somehow get him with our 4th and let him "marinate" in this system for a couple of years under Shany/Scangarello that would be awesome. Meanwhile get a couple of starters with our top 3 picks whether it will be an OL/Edge/CB and a developmental center.
I would rather go Slater and Mills later vs Mac Jones and OL later.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
If we can somehow get him with our 4th and let him "marinate" in this system for a couple of years under Shany/Scangarello that would be awesome. Meanwhile get a couple of starters with our top 3 picks whether it will be an OL/Edge/CB and a developmental center.

Agree beyond 100%! Slater is going to improve this team immediately.

I can go either way, really. Mac Jones, Dillon Radunz, Paulson Adebo, and Wyatt Hubert with our first four picks would be fantastic.

However, I would not be upset with Rashawn Slater, Greg Newsome, Ronnie Perkins, Davis Mills if we went this route.

I can go either way, really. Mac Jones, Dillon Radunz, Paulson Adebo, and Wyatt Hubert with our first four picks would be fantastic.

However, I would not be upset with Rashawn Slater, Greg Newsome, Ronnie Perkins, Davis Mills if we went this route.

I agree, I like Mac Jones for this system as well so we can go that route if need to.

I think it is time to be realistic and look for a dark horse that we will be able to draft.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
I think it is time to be realistic and look for a dark horse that we will be able to draft.

I think this is our guy. Worth a day 3 pick if he's still there: solid pedigree, lots of upside, system fit

I'd be happy with this outcome!

So how much better is Jones then Mills? I've only watched some highlight of him....I know he's not as "heady" as Jones but he's got a lot of the same qualities from what I've read

You're a Jones guy what makes Jones a top 10 dude and Mills a 3rd/4th rd guy?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So how much better is Jones then Mills? I've only watched some highlight of him....I know he's not as "heady" as Jones but he's got a lot of the same qualities from what I've read

You're a Jones guy what makes Jones a top 10 dude and Mills a 3rd/4th rd guy?

If you have to ask this question then you haven't even taken Mac Jones seriously and have only been arguing traits.
Share 49ersWebzone