There are 135 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

One thing is for sure. There is a QB in this draft that SF thinks is better than Stafford and Watson.
Originally posted by Joecool:
One thing is for sure. There is a QB in this draft that SF thinks is better than Stafford and Watson.

I wouldn't say Watson. If Watson wasn't a creep I think there would be a decent chance he was a niner rn.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I wouldn't say Watson. If Watson wasn't a creep I think there would be a decent chance he was a niner rn.

Also, Stafford is old. Why not get a young, franchise?

You think we knew about the Watson news before it broke? Otherwise, do you think we had any plans to offer three firsts for him?

I seriously doubt they had much interest in Stafford anyway.

I suspect they were always confident enough in Jimmy, at least a healthy Jimmy, that if there was a plan to move on from him it would come no earlier than next year and it would be someone younger than him.

You think we knew about the Watson news before it broke? Otherwise, do you think we had any plans to offer three firsts for him?

I think they figured out the news when everyone else did. But I bet they were skeptical for all of that before it started escalating. If we were willing to give up 3 1sts for a rookie no doubt we were willing to pull the trigger on a young franchise qb. Kyle named dropped him in the press conference so there was definitely interest.
Screw it. Take Sewell or Pitts and this dude later and break the internet.

Originally posted by NCommand:

You make a VERY valid argument....

I had to go pull up some vids, For his size (6'3") the dude has really quck feet and serious speed.

I always get awe'd when players have the speed to not just erase pursuit angles, but to blow by the defense already in pursuit.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by NCommand:

You make a VERY valid argument....

I had to go pull up some vids, For his size (6'3") the dude has really quck feet and serious speed.

I always get awe'd when players have the speed to not just erase pursuit angles, but to blow by the defense already in pursuit.

Yup. When we traded to #3, I was like, WTF, we can get Mond where we were at or trade up from the 2nd a little and get Mond.

I think they figured out the news when everyone else did. But I bet they were skeptical for all of that before it started escalating. If we were willing to give up 3 1sts for a rookie no doubt we were willing to pull the trigger on a young franchise qb. Kyle named dropped him in the press conference so there was definitely interest.

So this means we are going after Fields because ain't no way in hell we trade three 1sts for Kirk f**king Cousins.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Mond at 12 is worse than Mac at 3

There's a lot of good points in here
Watch it be Kellen Mond
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

There's a lot of good points in here

Did you write it?
Share 49ersWebzone