There are 288 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
And on Wednesday Kellen Mond will be getting his from us

That's a poop!

Agreed.
Biggest smokescreen ever!!!

Kyle loves JG so much that he moved up to #3 to draft Pitts.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
And on Wednesday Kellen Mond will be getting his from us

That's a poop!

Agreed.

Really really don't understand what you guys see in Mond, he's frickin horrible.
My QB rankings. This takes the weight of "Ready Now" and "Potential" into account. For example, Mac Jones is obviously Ready Now but Fields has more potential. However, Fields is more Ready Now than other QBs which explains him ranking higher than Mac.

1. Fields: I feel the dude is ready now and can give an NFL offense more than what Lawrence can give.
  2. Lawrence: I don't like Lawrence's overall build. Think he will have a difficult time in the NFL.
  3. Jones: His athleticism is highly under rated.
  4. Lance: The kid seems to have his head on right and appears very poised. His potential is through the roof with more experience.
  5. Wilson: There's something about him that doesn't do it. I think what he has shown so far does not have a lot of depth. His arm is elite but he has too many question marks. Like the way he moves his feet with a good base but something just doesn't seem to hit me with him.
  6. Mond: Dude has real good potential. Solid base. Solid size. Above average speed. I think his potential is right there behind Lance.
Originally posted by Joecool:
My QB rankings. This takes the weight of "Ready Now" and "Potential" into account. For example, Mac Jones is obviously Ready Now but Fields has more potential. However, Fields is more Ready Now than other QBs which explains him ranking higher than Mac.

1. Fields: I feel the dude is ready now and can give an NFL offense more than what Lawrence can give.
  2. Lawrence: I don't like Lawrence's overall build. Think he will have a difficult time in the NFL.
  4. Lance: The kid seems to have his head on right and appears very poised. His potential is through the roof with more experience.
  5. Wilson: There's something about him that doesn't do it. I think what he has shown so far does not have a lot of depth. His arm is elite but he has too many question marks. Like the way he moves his feet with a good base but something just doesn't seem to hit me with him.
  6. Mond: Dude has real good potential. Solid base. Solid size. Above average speed. I think his potential is right there behind Lance.

I like Lawrence's build. Hes skinny, but he has potential to put on weight and hes an excellent athlete and runner. He has that ability to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately when things flash in front of him, which Fields is inconsistent with right now. He doesnt have to gather himself when he throws, either.

I have Lawrence as 1a with Fields as 1b. I think both are generational prospects.

Wilson is 3 for me, but his injury history, skinny frame, lack of competition and erratic nature scare me. I think hes most likely to bust.

Lance has unbelievable potential, but we just haven't seen enough. But hes young, smart and moldable. I think he could thrive in Atlanta.

I have Mond next. I think hes really flying under the radar. He looks a little unconventional, but he checks all the boxes.

Mac Jones is last out of these guys. Everything about him is just "meh" and was maximized thanks to playing in the greatest offense in CFB history. Hes a 3rd rounder at best most drafts.
I think people will be surprised by Mac Jones athleticism when he plays in the NFL. He's that "How the f**k does that guy keep escaping and getting the ball out?" dude. Kurt Warner had this ability. Dude was far from mobile, but he was always able to move just enough and get the ball out last second to Fitzgerald and Boldin to move the chains against us.
I think people will be surprised by Mac Jones athleticism when he plays in the NFL. He's that "How the f**k does that guy keep escaping and getting the ball out?" dude. Kurt Warner had this ability. Dude was far from mobile, but he was always able to move just enough and get the ball out last second to Fitzgerald and Boldin to move the chains against us.

Naw, I dont see it. It looks like his knees are about to explode every time he gets outside of the pocket. Yeah, hes shown some ability to scramble on 3rd down and occasionally make something out of nothing, but so has Garroppolo who's as immobile a QB there is in the NFL.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Naw, I dont see it. It looks like his knees are about to explode every time he gets outside of the pocket. Yeah, hes shown some ability to scramble on 3rd down and occasionally make something out of nothing, but so has Garroppolo who's as immobile a QB there is in the NFL.

Garrappolo is far from immobile. His issue is that he sticks with the play for too long.

I think you're overthinking the Lawrence's stuff. He was skinny cause he couldn't lift due to getting surgery on his non throwing shoulder. He has the build to easily gain muscle especially on an NFL training staff.

Besides that I agree with you on Mac and treys rankings. Mac isn't Vick, but he isn't brady or Flacco with athleticism. Plus everyone s**ts on him about his dad bod, but his numbers like the 49, 3 cone aren't that bad for that type of body. Get him on a diet plan and a good workout regimen and he could transform his body by his second year. This doesn't meant I want him at 3 but wherever he goes to that should be a priority.

Lance is a really tough eval. He had elite athleticism regardless of position, he has an absolute cannon for an arm, plus he ran a pro style offense similar to ours where he had pre snap responsibilities. But his accuracy is spotty at times and he has very little experience. I can actually see him falling a little further down than most people think if he is not our pick just cause of that.
Alright, which of these QBs has the biggest neck?

Is this post neck surgery Peyton or prior?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Yes.
  • thl408

Brees (leading career passer) has neck girth and length.
Originally posted by thl408:

Brees (leading career passer) has neck girth and length.

Takeo Spikes.

Cause there's no way in hell I'd tell him he's NOT anything he claims to be. Guy was scary af.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Takeo Spikes.

Cause there's no way in hell I'd tell him he's NOT anything he claims to be. Guy was scary af.

If that dude challenged me to a fight:

Share 49ersWebzone