Mac: Joe Brady
Wilson: Aaron Mahomes
Fields: Russell Newton
Lance: DeShaun Kaepernick

Agreed lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
This isn't about race. If it were any other coach, Mac Jones wouldn't be in the conversation. Kyle has a favorite profile.

Do i think Mac Jones is being picked over Justin Fields because of skin color? No. But is Justin Fields being knocked because of decades old stereotypes? Yes.
Originally posted by Jcool:
This isn't about race. If it were any other coach, Mac Jones wouldn't be in the conversation. Kyle has a favorite profile.

Do i think Mac Jones is being picked over Justin Fields because of skin color? No. But is Justin Fields being knocked because of decades old stereotypes? Yes.

You are not wrong.

You are not wrong.

Are you quoting yourself?

Does Kyle take Mac over Wilson and Lawrence as well? If no, why not?
[ Edited by DaBeegDeek on Apr 9, 2021 at 12:43 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

His system he is in is the reason for him being knocked. Not his skin color. Now if you guys want to say these college coached are stereotyping black QBs that's a whole nother debate.

It took 3 separate people breaking down WHY IT APPEARS to the naked eye that he's a slow processor. Even with their explanations you can still see him missing open receivers.

Look at someone like Trey Lance who is running a pro style offense, his intelligence isn't being questioned because of that.

It's more about scheme than it is about skin

Take Najee Harris, He took exception to Todd McShay saying he showed better production as a receiver. He astutely points out he didn't play his 1st 2 years and wasn't asked to catch the ball last year. It's not that he couldn't do it. It's that the system didn't ask him too.

Like Mac Jones playing under center or doing boot action. He showed small sample sizes he can do it. The system didn't ask him to do it alot. Hence people saying he can't do it.
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 9, 2021 at 2:03 AM ]
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

You are not wrong.

Are you quoting yourself?

Does Kyle take Mac over Wilson and Lawrence as well? If no, why not?

I think the Cool's have nailed this one Seek.

It's blatantly obvious why Kyle will probably pick Mac, you just have to listen to him talk about Kirk Cousins.

I think he'd probably take him over Wilson, no one would risk passing on Trevor.
Originally posted by krizay:

His system he is in is the reason for him being knocked. Not his skin color. Now if you guys want to say these college coached are stereotyping black QBs that's a whole nother debate.

It took 3 separate people breaking down WHY IT APPEARS to the naked eye that he's a slow processor. Even with their explanations you can still see him missing open receivers.

Look at someone like Trey Lance who is running a pro style offense, his intelligence isn't being questioned because of that.

It's more about scheme than it is about skin

Take Najee Harris, He took exception to Todd McShay saying he showed better production as a receiver. He astutely points out he didn't play his 1st 2 years and wasn't asked to catch the ball last year. It's not that he couldn't do it. It's that the system didn't ask him too.

Like Mac Jones playing under center or doing boot action. He showed small sample sizes he can do it. The system didn't ask him to do it alot. Hence people saying he can't do it.

Lance isn't being questioned anymore as he's had people come out to bat for him and preaching about the mental things NDSU had him doing. Prior to that there was plenty of "one read", can't go through progressions labels.

Fields is certainly a victim of at best stereotyping and at worst racial profiling.

His issues recognising the blitz are real, but so are Zach Wilson's and do you hear that anywhere near as much?

I can't understand how something that is so prevalent still has people's heads in the sand.

Our guys are pretty enlightened young guys who have been around plenty of players and I have no doubt they don't fall into this category.

Are you telling me that some of these 60 plus white GM's and owners from times of segregation, don't have any racial bias or stereotyping?

If that were the case why would we need minority hiring schemes?
I think the reason why Fields (And Mac for that matter) are under a microscope is because the #3 pick is wide open. Jags and Jets are locked into their picks so they won't be critiqued as much.

You can't quantify processing speed but you can see he struggles with the blitz and maneuvering the pocket at times. That's on tape but the only way you know the reasons why is if you talk to him and what he was thinking.
Originally posted by evil:
To be fair and fwiw, it was Kyle's first year as a position coach. He had one year as a GA and 2 years as a QC coach under his belt. That was 15 years ago and I am sure he has learned a lot since then.

Has he though lol?
Originally posted by rathman4481:
I think the reason why Fields (And Mac for that matter) are under a microscope is because the #3 pick is wide open. Jags and Jets are locked into their picks so they won't be critiqued as much.

You can't quantify processing speed but you can see he struggles with the blitz and maneuvering the pocket at times. That's on tape but the only way you know the reasons why is if you talk to him and what he was thinking.

The media and talking heads don't care about that stuff. There should be a meaningful debate and discussion about the Jets leaning Wilson over Fields.

This was also going on (and probably worse) weeks before the trade. I don't understand why people can't see the things right in front of their faces.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Exactly, that's what middle-class Brady means -- he'll try his best to be Tom but he'll never be that, but he could be a very very good pro that plays a similar style to Brady without ever having the same level of success. I hope that clarifies a bit.

So middle class Brady? Aka Kirk cousins. I mean I don't get why we have to toss in Brady's name at all....there are plenty of white non-athletic QBs who are heady and have subpar arms. I

Colt McCoy complete 70% of his balls was all football IQ won more games then anyone in college football all the same.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Lamar didn't win it as a throwing QB. He won it running the ball. Still has a long way to go to be a competent throwing QB.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 9, 2021 at 7:20 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Lamar didn't win it as a throwing QB. He won it running the ball. Still has a long way to go to be a competent throwing QB.

lol What? You aren't serious are you? His MVP season he threw 36 TDs with a 113 QB rating.
Share 49ersWebzone