There are 156 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
When I think of OSU QB I just remember Haskins and Cardale Jones. Usually productive and flasy in college who become absolute busts in the NFL Having a hard time trusting Fields, but I'm guessing he is going to the Giants
thats my fear also..

Add me to the list.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
I've come across two mock drafts now that have the 49ers taking Jaycee Horn in the 1st and Creed Humphries in the 2nd. Both of the picks happening with a QB being taken two selections prior to the Niner pick.

I know it's just a mock and it's really early on, but this could be a reality with the QB class being pretty talented this year.

Anyone predicting Humphrey falls to the 2nd is out of their minds. Kid is a 1st round lock in my opinion.

Agree on Humphrey, would've been first rounder last year.

Totally agree.

He can play C and both G positions.

If we grabbed him in the 1st i would not be disappointed at all.

He could man the position for 10 years.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
I've come across two mock drafts now that have the 49ers taking Jaycee Horn in the 1st and Creed Humphries in the 2nd. Both of the picks happening with a QB being taken two selections prior to the Niner pick.

I know it's just a mock and it's really early on, but this could be a reality with the QB class being pretty talented this year.

Anyone predicting Humphrey falls to the 2nd is out of their minds. Kid is a 1st round lock in my opinion.

Agree on Humphrey, would've been first rounder last year.

Totally agree.

He can play C and both G positions.

If we grabbed him in the 1st i would not be disappointed at all.

He could man the position for 10 years.

One way to watch offensive lineman is to look at the person they are blocking. Creed is so strong the defender usually can't move at all. I'm all on board to draft him.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
I've come across two mock drafts now that have the 49ers taking Jaycee Horn in the 1st and Creed Humphries in the 2nd. Both of the picks happening with a QB being taken two selections prior to the Niner pick.

I know it's just a mock and it's really early on, but this could be a reality with the QB class being pretty talented this year.

Anyone predicting Humphrey falls to the 2nd is out of their minds. Kid is a 1st round lock in my opinion.

Agree on Humphrey, would've been first rounder last year.

Totally agree.

He can play C and both G positions.

If we grabbed him in the 1st i would not be disappointed at all.

He could man the position for 10 years.

One way to watch offensive lineman is to look at the person they are blocking. Creed is so strong the defender usually can't move at all. I'm all on board to draft him.

Totally agree and excellent call!
Dustin Crum, 6'3-210 lbs, Kent State
Pros:
*Elite arm talent
*Mobile
*Pocket awareness
*Extended plays
*Accurate (especially deep balls)

Cons:
*Competition level
*Although very good at it, I feel that he runs a little too much. Can't blame him sometimes playing behind a porous OL.

I'm pretty sure the Niners won't be in position to draft any of the top 5 QBs on the next draft. Hard to make any sense giving up draft capital to move up for a top 3 QB on a year where they need draft picks to replace some of the 30 plus FAs they have to resign with little cap space. Dustin Crum is a prospect they can get in day 2 or early day 3 to develop behind Jimmy G next season. Very mobile and accurate, he also improved every year which is a good sign for a any player.

Highlights were from last season. Game against Bowling Green was the only game I could find for this season. Don't mind the competition but he showed a lot of improvement with his release this season. Keeps getting better every year. Has a nice zip to his balls. Also, keep an eye out for his WR #23 Isaiah McKoy (6'3-182 lbs)

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Dustin Crum, 6'3-210 lbs, Kent State
Pros:
*Elite arm talent
*Mobile
*Pocket awareness
*Extended plays
*Accurate (especially deep balls)

Cons:
*Competition level
*Although very good at it, I feel that he runs a little too much. Can't blame him sometimes playing behind a porous OL.

I'm pretty sure the Niners won't be in position to draft any of the top 5 QBs on the next draft. Hard to make any sense giving up draft capital to move up for a top 3 QB on a year where they need draft picks to replace some of the 30 plus FAs they have to resign with little cap space. Dustin Crum is a prospect they can get in day 2 or early day 3 to develop behind Jimmy G next season. Very mobile and accurate, he also improved every year which is a good sign for a any player.

Highlights were from last season. Game against Bowling Green was the only game I could find for this season. Don't mind the competition but he showed a lot of improvement with his release this season. Keeps getting better every year. Has a nice zip to his balls. Also, keep an eye out for his WR #23 Isaiah McKoy (6'3-182 lbs)


Dude throws the ball exactly like Kaepernick.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Dustin Crum, 6'3-210 lbs, Kent State
Pros:
*Elite arm talent
*Mobile
*Pocket awareness
*Extended plays
*Accurate (especially deep balls)

Cons:
*Competition level
*Although very good at it, I feel that he runs a little too much. Can't blame him sometimes playing behind a porous OL.

I'm pretty sure the Niners won't be in position to draft any of the top 5 QBs on the next draft. Hard to make any sense giving up draft capital to move up for a top 3 QB on a year where they need draft picks to replace some of the 30 plus FAs they have to resign with little cap space. Dustin Crum is a prospect they can get in day 2 or early day 3 to develop behind Jimmy G next season. Very mobile and accurate, he also improved every year which is a good sign for a any player.

Highlights were from last season. Game against Bowling Green was the only game I could find for this season. Don't mind the competition but he showed a lot of improvement with his release this season. Keeps getting better every year. Has a nice zip to his balls. Also, keep an eye out for his WR #23 Isaiah McKoy (6'3-182 lbs)


Dude throws the ball exactly like Kaepernick.

Last year he did throw the ball exactly like Kap with that long windup, but it looks like he tighten it up a bit this year. Still can see it a little but it's much better than last year.
Any opinion on Kenny Pickett fron Pittsburgh?

He seems to have several traits that Shanny loves in a Qb
[ Edited by Decima_Mas on Dec 13, 2020 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Decima_Mas:
He seems to have several traits that Shanny loves in a Qb

To be honest, i start to see this as a red flag.
Shanny seems to be really off picking QBs
I'm looking more at the 2nd round QBs now. I don't see us being in position to get any of the top guys and it's clear we need 2 QBs if you are in favor of replacing Jimmy G. I'm not really interested in bringing back either Beathard or Mullens next year, unless it's just to have a body in camp that knows how to run the offense.

I think we keep Jimmy on the roster for one year minimum, but we need better talent behind him. Someone capable of actually unseating him or that can execute a vanilla offense if they are playing.

wz: waaah, we lost with backups.

me: 1 loss closer to Zach Wilson/Trey Lance.

Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Originally posted by Decima_Mas:
He seems to have several traits that Shanny loves in a Qb

To be honest, i start to see this as a red flag.
Shanny seems to be really off picking QBs

Because Bethard in the 3rd?
You can argue he should have prioritized a QB to develop since then but that's the only one he's drafted.
Mullens as an UDFA is a good find as much as I can't stand watching him play these days.
Originally posted by Heroism:
wz: waaah, we lost with backups.

me: 1 loss closer to Zach Wilson/Trey Lance.


I still don't see us in range for Wilson come draft day. Just feels like he's going to end up top 10.
But he's the dream
Could always just wait for Quinn Ewers
Share 49ersWebzone