LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

I've come across two mock drafts now that have the 49ers taking Jaycee Horn in the 1st and Creed Humphries in the 2nd. Both of the picks happening with a QB being taken two selections prior to the Niner pick.

I know it's just a mock and it's really early on, but this could be a reality with the QB class being pretty talented this year.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
I've come across two mock drafts now that have the 49ers taking Jaycee Horn in the 1st and Creed Humphries in the 2nd. Both of the picks happening with a QB being taken two selections prior to the Niner pick.

I know it's just a mock and it's really early on, but this could be a reality with the QB class being pretty talented this year.

Anyone predicting Humphrey falls to the 2nd is out of their minds. Kid is a 1st round lock in my opinion.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Anyone predicting Humphrey falls to the 2nd is out of their minds. Kid is a 1st round lock in my opinion.

There were a ton of surprises that ended up pushing Humphreys to the 2nd. Vera-Tucker and Davis were the first IOL taken ahead of Creed, but other than a run at QBs, there was a run at OTs. Pushed people like Dylan Moses, Etienne, Creed, Wyatt all down to the 2nd round.
Solid class here, would be a shame if we can't grab one of the top prospects
Is there a reason Ehlinger from Texas isn't ever mentioned? I don't watch a ton of college but every time I see him play he's pretty impressive. Big kid that can move as well.
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
Is there a reason Ehlinger from Texas isn't ever mentioned? I don't watch a ton of college but every time I see him play he's pretty impressive. Big kid that can move as well.

I haven't watched him this year, but in past review he seemed to drop his eyes a lot and run instead of keeping focus downfield. I don't feel like he's a guy Shanahan will like.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 1, 2020 at 10:40 AM ]
He is a capable and tough runner...He'd be a guy to try later in the draft if it works out that way. You'd want his completion % to be a bit higher, I think.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Penix Jr out with a torn ACL

The same week Baalke gets made interim GM of a QB needy team.

It's like the planets are starting to align.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Penix Jr out with a torn ACL

The same week Baalke gets made interim GM of a QB needy team.

It's like the planets are starting to align.
lol
QB Watch Live - All PST

Saturday games

1. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson - ABC 430pm
2. Zach Wilson, BYU - ESNU 230pm
3. Mac Jones, Alabama - CBS 5pm
4. Justin Fields, Ohio State - ABC 9am
5. Kyle Trask, Florida - CBS 1230pm
--------------------------------------------------------

6. Trey Lance, NDSU - N/A
7. Malik Willis-Liberty - N/A
8 Anthony Russo - Temple - N/A
9. Desmond Ridder - Cinci - TBD
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 3, 2020 at 10:54 AM ]

Figured I'd drop in this in here for those that are saying Carolina is going QB

Sounds like they're gonna lose both starting OTs in FA

Agree on Humphrey, would've been first rounder last year.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Dec 4, 2020 at 7:47 AM ]
QB Watch Live - All PST

Saturday games

1. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson - ABC 430pm
2. Zach Wilson, BYU - ESPNU 230pm
3. Mac Jones, Alabama - CBS 5pm
4. Justin Fields, Ohio State - ABC 9am
5. Kyle Trask, Florida - CBS 1230pm
--------------------------------------------------------

6. Trey Lance, NDSU - N/A
7. Malik Willis-Liberty - N/A
8 Anthony Russo - Temple - N/A
9. Desmond Ridder - Cinci - TBD
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:

I haven't watched him this year, but in past review he seemed to drop his eyes a lot and run instead of keeping focus downfield. I don't feel like he's a guy Shanahan will like.

Great intangibles and can run but doesn't have the arm talent Shanahan values. Very inaccurate, especially deep balls. Gets a lot of tipped balls. Good leader, maybe a level above Colt McCoy.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-stock-risers-after-cfb-week-14

Article from Joe Marino.

Trask and Mac. I feel like I was the only one on here impressed with his performance vs. Tennessee. And Mac....well, his performace vs LSU can speak for itself.
Share 49ersWebzone