LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

Good thread OTC. I will be checking in on this one regularly. Hoping the 49ers go early on a QB this offseason.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
QB Watch Live

All Saturday games

1. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson - ABC 9am PST.
2. Zach Wilson, BYU - ESPN3 12noon PST
3. Mac Jones, Alabama - SEC ESPN Network 1pm PST
4. Justin Fields, Ohio State - Fox 9am PST
5. Kyle Trask, Florida - ESPN 9am PST
6. Trey Lance, NDSU - N/A

Thanks for this, AllTheTime!
Originally posted by floridaMan:
Good thread OTC. I will be checking in on this one regularly. Hoping the 49ers go early on a QB this offseason.

Agreed.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
QB Watch Live

All Saturday games

Thanks for this, AllTheTime!

Thanks
Right now for me:

-Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson-----elite potential.

-Justin Fields-----good traits but isn´t pro-ready.

-Trey Lance-----boom or bust.

-Mac Jones-----efficient at running an NFL offense but nothing else.

-Kyle Trask-----don´t like because of his weak arm (no zip at all) and a way too long throwing arc..

-Desmond Ridder------need to see more.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Right now for me:

-Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson-----elite potential.

-Justin Fields-----good traits but isn´t pro-ready.

-Trey Lance-----boom or bust.

-Mac Jones-----efficient at running an NFL offense but nothing else.

-Kyle Trask-----don´t like because of his weak arm (no zip at all) and a way too long throwing arc..

-Desmond Ridder------need to see more.

Whys that?
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Whys that?

It seems that he needs big windows to throw and he seems to get rattled by pressure even when the defender isn´t that close.

I like him but I think that if he gets rushed to the field since day 1 he´ll struggle way more than Lawrence and Wilson.
[ Edited by Monsterniner on Nov 19, 2020 at 5:30 PM ]
Whys that?

It seems that he needs big windows to throw and he seems to get rattled by pressure even when the defender isn´t that close.

I like him but I think that if he gets rushed to the field since day 1 he´ll struggle way more than Lawrence and Wilson.

He often has big windows, but I dont see that he needs big windows.

I dont see him rattled, either. If anything, he holds onto the ball too often sometimes. He's shown really good patience and slides and gains depth very well.

No offense, but I've literally seen every game of his, so I trust my opinion over yours. While I'm an Ohio State fan, my NFL grades are fair and honest. For example, I knew Vernon Gholston would bust, among others.

I dont mean to come off as a dick. Lol.
I dont know what y'all watching (or just reading) fields is a great prospect
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Nov 19, 2020 at 10:17 PM ]

I dont see him rattled, either. If anything, he holds onto the ball too often sometimes. He's shown really good patience and slides and gains depth very well.

No offense, but I've literally seen every game of his, so I trust my opinion over yours. While I'm an Ohio State fan, my NFL grades are fair and honest. For example, I knew Vernon Gholston would bust, among others.

What did you think of Dwayne Haskins?

What about the guy from Indiana? Anybody know anything about him?

What did you think of Dwayne Haskins?

Live arm, super sloppy mechanics... legs all over the place. He had a very specific arm angle and if he couldn't get it down he wasnt accurate.

I thought, and still think, he could be good but he needs to start from scratch. He was drafted by a terrible franchise with offensive line issues, zero talent and a head coach who hated him and never wanted him.

I thought of him as a first rounder, but I didnt see special coming off of him.

Dont you mean.....'Deek'??

QB Watch Live

All Saturday games

Just gonna add

Malik Willis-Liberty-4:30 PM PST ESPN3

Anthony Russo-Temple-9:00 AM PST ESPN+

Desmond Ridder-Cinci-12:30 PM PST ESPN
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Since we had a receivers class thread last year, I figured since all eyeballs on QBs at this time, we may as well get one of these going. We can rank our picks for QB as things move along. It's still early in the evaluation process for me... but... this is how I rank my QB picks right now.

1. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson - Consensus best all-around, well-rounded prospect.

2. Zach Wilson, BYU - Checks all the boxes for me. Kind of agree with Steve Young, may actually be the best in this class.

3. Mac Jones, Alabama - One of the best I've seen at throwing under pressure and navigating the pocket. Beautiful deep ball.

4. Justin Fields, Ohio State - Checks some boxes, but I'm a bit concerned with his pocket presence and handling of pressure.

5. Kyle Trask, Florida - There's a lot to like, but needs some work. Throws high quite a bit. His front leg is a problem on throws.

6. Trey Lance, NDSU - Again, some good traits, but very raw and needs time. Seems like a two-year project. High risk/reward. I think Shanahan will like a lot about him (pro style scheme, PA from under center, etc.) and obviously great mobility, but he seems far from a plug-n-play guy.

1) TREVOR - hands down, this kid can come and play in the NFL next week and will give that NFL team an easy 5 wins.

2A) TRASK - sorry all, but I've just seen more of Trask compare to Fields at the moment and his season so far or should I say performance has been as good as last year's Burrow !!

2B) WILSON - same reason why I put him ahead of Justin, just more games to watch... but I want to see him perform against better competition.

3) JONES - the more I watch him, the more I see a very similar Aikman type of QB, you know, one who won't put up big numbers but will always have a good game week in and week out.

4) FIELDS - the only reason why he should come out is because of the money, but i really feel that he's not ready and should stay for another year

5) LANCE - are people pushing the issue that he is just like Mahomes ?? i saw 2 games last season and I felt that he just ran around and used his arm throwing to an open target.. it worked very well around his league, but that's not going to happen in the NFL... I would not draft him TOP 10 ..
Share 49ersWebzone