LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

TE Kyle pitts

Also no way we draft a TE in rd 1, much bigger needs than a TE, idk much about Pitts, but we need a new EDGE, a CB, IOL, and FQB before another TE, can't possibly pay 2 elite TEs long term. Plus Bosa, Trent, Warner, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kinlaw, Dre, etc....
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
This is the approach I've been taking. There's really no room for luxury picks this season. I don't praise JG as much as others but keeping him and using the 1st rd pick on a OL just seems like it makes more sense for long term sustainability . I wanna keep Trent, but not at 20mil per. Could sign 2-3 FA CBs for that much.

They won't be as good as Trent at his position

No argument there at all. Just tryna avoid a Brian Allen/ Dontae Johnson situation at corner. Those day 3 guys and UDFA are gonna be free lunch for D.Hop, Lockett, Metcalf, Kupp/Woods. But ya know, I guess they could always draft a CB in the first.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Also no way we draft a TE in rd 1, much bigger needs than a TE, idk much about Pitts, but we need a new EDGE, a CB, IOL, and FQB before another TE, can't possibly pay 2 elite TEs long term. Plus Bosa, Trent, Warner, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kinlaw, Dre, etc....

They way Kittle plays... I just hope he stays healthy. Broken bones in back to back years makes me nervous
Originally posted by FL9er:
This is the approach I've been taking. There's really no room for luxury picks this season. I don't praise JG as much as others but keeping him and using the 1st rd pick on a OL just seems like it makes more sense for long term sustainability . I wanna keep Trent, but not at 20mil per. Could sign 2-3 FA CBs for that much.

They won't be as good as Trent at his position

People need to realize it's not about the average per year, it's about guarantees, and the structure of the deal, in 2021 Trent's deal would likely cost like $5.5M against the cap, you keep a top 3 All Pro LT, even at $18M to $20M a yr, but again, guarantees are the biggest thing, throw $40M at him, $30M at signing, 5yr deal with easy out(s).

And that's why you're AB. In that case, I'm all for it.

They way Kittle plays... I just hope he stays healthy. Broken bones in back to back years makes me nervous
What did he break last year?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

He played that Arizona game with some broken bones in either his foot or ankle.

Edit: yeah. In the first Cards game in 2019, he broke his ankle. He finished the game but my point is not that he be active, but that he be healthy.
[ Edited by martysofresh on Dec 25, 2020 at 5:39 PM ]

Edit: yeah. In the first Cards game in 2019, he broke his ankle. He finished the game but my point is not that he be active, but that he be healthy.

Do you mean his knee? It was his knee that got hyperextended. This was the injury in AZ that caused him to miss a few games:

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 25, 2020 at 5:45 PM ]

He didn't break no ankle because if he did he wouldn't have played the remainder of the game nor would he have only missed 2 games. His injuries have been football to freak injuries, not because he's blocking his ass off or running over someone.
Pitts is the guy that has people thinking that Trask is good
Originally posted by Heroism:

Do you mean his knee? It was his knee that got hyperextended. This was the injury in AZ that caused him to miss a few games:

Nah, that was this year. The broken bone in his ankle was last year.

He didn't break no ankle because if he did he wouldn't have played the remainder of the game nor would he have only missed 2 games. His injuries have been football to freak injuries, not because he's blocking his ass off or running over someone.

Here's the article from last year. I remember because he had a touchdown on a big play despite the injury. Regardless, those are injuries nonetheless and over time, those lower body injuries can affect some of the abilities that make him great

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28149263/sources-george-kittle-played-oct-31-broken-bone-ankle-feels-ready-return-vs-packers

Nah, that was this year. The broken bone in his ankle was last year.

That video is from 2019. It's from the first matchup vs Arizona from last season in AZ. He hyperextended his knee on the first drive.

But I totally forgot about the broken ankle thing from last year. Guys like Kittle will always be at risk of injuries because they give 100% on every play. That doesn't mean we need to spend a first-round pick on a TE. That's terrible management of resources.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 25, 2020 at 9:39 PM ]
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
So this guy is going first round but where abouts? Would it be possible to trade down from- say- 9 and scoop him up then get a iol and a cb in the 2nd?

Or is he top 10?

I think he's top 10 but he may easily be there where we pick. He wouldn't be an optimal pick but jeez, if we had Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and Pitts, I could play QB haha. Pick Pitts in round one, CB in round two and interior OL in later rounds and call it a day.

Pitts would add a huge dimension to this team.

A first round TE that would be lucky to catch 30 passes?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
So this guy is going first round but where abouts? Would it be possible to trade down from- say- 9 and scoop him up then get a iol and a cb in the 2nd?

Or is he top 10?

I think he's top 10 but he may easily be there where we pick. He wouldn't be an optimal pick but jeez, if we had Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and Pitts, I could play QB haha. Pick Pitts in round one, CB in round two and interior OL in later rounds and call it a day.

Pitts would add a huge dimension to this team.

A first round TE that would be lucky to catch 30 passes?

He is not really a tight end. I would consider him more of an H back. Sort of like what Hurd was supposed to be before he fractured his back and what not.

And ya he might not be the most optimal pick but damn......
What if the Niners draft Pitts at 12 and wait for it... Kittle n' Pitts is born.

But seriously Shanny has been wanting to run two TE sets with us here from the beginning (rumors of him wanting to trade for Engram last year, give Kittle some rest, signing Reed, etc.) is something I can see happening.

He also wanted to sign Hooper this past off season as well
Originally posted by All_Knowing:
What if the Niners draft Pitts at 12 and wait for it... Kittle n' Pitts is born.

But seriously Shanny has been wanting to run two TE sets with us here from the beginning (rumors of him wanting to trade for Engram last year, give Kittle some rest, signing Reed, etc.) is something I can see happening.

He also wanted to sign Hooper this past off season as well
Had Reed and Kittle this year
Share 49ersWebzone