LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

TE Kyle pitts

• zero
  • Veteran
Wouldn't hate the pick, just have to spend the third rounders on straight defense.
Damn DJ hates Fields I guess lol. Not a big fan of Pitts for our current situation. But oh my, Kyle would be licking his chops having him and kittle all over the field.
Some point to the fact Coach has Kittle, so why take a TE that early. Fair question. Here's the answer: great as George is, his style of play gets him hurt a good deal. As things stand now, there's a huge drop-off in talent when GK's on the sideline. Adding Pitts would dramatically improve that. The dude's 6-6, @ 245...and will no doubt be asked to bulk up some to withstand the rigors of the NFL. Just imagine...whoever's our QB would have Kittle & Pitts at TE, Deebo & Aiyuk at WR. Good luck trying to stop that. Pitts is an instant mis-match...too fast for LB's, too big for DB's to cover. What a RZ threat this kid could be. Isn't that what a 1st rd pick should be...a game-changer? The rest of the answer is this...with the compensatory 3rd rd pick Lynch just got by WFT signing Martin Mayhew as their GM, JL now has 11 picks to work with. He can do as much wheelin' & dealin' as he needs to so he gets Coach the players/skillsets he wants/needs.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Daniel Jeremiah's first mock has SF taking Pitts WTF

Haha. He's been my dark horse pick for sure.

Could it be that Kittle is on his way to TX in a trade for Watson?
Originally posted by NJNiner:

Seeing as Kyle, Kittle and their families are hanging out right now in Cabo, I'd say that's extremely unlikely.

It's a mock draft by one of the worst NFL.com guys with no insight. I think it's him generating clicks
Originally posted by Heroism:

If the 49ers draft Pitts, it signals to me they're moving away from having a fullback and switching from 21 to 22 as their base offense. McVay did something similar this year. It works really well against that 6-1 alignment the league has been using to counter these Shanny-style offenses.

I don't see it happening, tho. I think Shanny is a meat and potatoes guy in the first. We'll grab OL or DL(edge) or a QB if Shanny reeeeeally likes one.

Great points too.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
It's not a dark horse. It's the most obvious Shanahan pick on the board.

Should be considered a leading candidate on this fan web site.

A lot will depend on what happens in FA. But Shanahan may not be able to resist.

based on the scheme that Kyle has run for yrs, why is this the most obvious?

Positionless players. That is what he covets. Not a FB for the sake of having a FB. Juice is different. He's barely a FB. Shanahan isn't going to run with any FB just because.

Pitts is made for Shanahan. Just like Aiyuk, Deebo and Kittle.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Damn DJ hates Fields I guess lol. Not a big fan of Pitts for our current situation. But oh my, Kyle would be licking his chops having him and kittle all over the field.

Yes. People forget who running the show here.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

Seeing as Kyle, Kittle and their families are hanging out right now in Cabo, I'd say that's extremely unlikely.

I bet Pitts would line up at WR more than TE. Drafting Pitts doesn't change anything with Kittle.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Don't get lost on the TE label. He won't be deployed that way.
Originally posted by zero:
Wouldn't hate the pick, just have to spend the third rounders on straight defense.

They are only going to have one 3rd rounder. That comes at the end of the round so it will probably be about pick #100-106 depending on how many other compensatory picks there are in that round. The other 3rd round compensatory picks are in 2022 and 2023.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

They are only going to have one 3rd rounder. That comes at the end of the round so it will probably be about pick #100-106 depending on how many other compensatory picks there are in that round. The other 3rd round compensatory picks are in 2022 and 2023.

Kyle Pitts should be among the favorites to be offensive rookie of the year with whoever gets him. Frankly if we're keeping the picks and Jimmy, then Pitts would be a home run selection on offense. Imo he has a chance to become a great NFL player.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Kyle Pitts should be among the favorites to be offensive rookie of the year with whoever gets him. Frankly if we're keeping the picks and Jimmy, then Pitts would be a home run selection on offense. Imo he has a chance to become a great NFL player.

Yeah Pitts makes more sense if Juice leaves and we keep Garoppolo and T. Williams.
  • titan
  • Veteran

No. I think we could do some serious damage with 2 All star TE.
Share 49ersWebzone