There are 157 users in the forums

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Trey Lance QB NDSU

100% Niners should do whatever they can to get this guy. Let him sit behind Jimmy for 1-2 years then we got ourselves the future of franchise. It is what is it, dual threat QBs with great arms are the future of the NFL especially with all these rules to protect the QB these days.

Honestly feel he goes top 5 (given trend of dual-threat QBs) and will likely end up with a better NFL career than Lawrence. Lawrence plays in a garbage football conference with the best players in NCAAF, is not mobile for NFL, and will go to some garbage team like Jets where he will end up like Darnold.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
I have Lance becoming a better Pro than Trevor. Not saying Trevor isn't going to be good in the NFL... I just see Lance having a better career. He has produced good numbers with lesser Talent than what Trevor has. That being said I would die happy if one of these guys became a niner. (I know I know.. in my dreams)

Trevor is the real deal IMO. I like Lance, I think Trevor is gonna be a day 1 starter on a horrible team in the NFL. Sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are in that scenario. Lance might not go as high as some people think based on competition, lack of games, and overall he's a bit raw. Let him sit for a yr learn the scheme and get better at reading coverages. Throw him on a roster like SF and you're looking at some real high upside.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
100% Niners should do whatever they can to get this guy. Let him sit behind Jimmy for 1-2 years then we got ourselves the future of franchise. It is what is it, dual threat QBs with great arms are the future of the NFL especially with all these rules to protect the QB these days.

Honestly feel he goes top 5 (given trend of dual-threat QBs) and will likely end up with a better NFL career than Lawrence. Lawrence plays in a garbage football conference with the best players in NCAAF, is not mobile for NFL, and will go to some garbage team like Jets where he will end up like Darnold.

I disagree with this.
Is Taysom Hill a good comp?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Pipedream
The best qb prospect of all time. It's not even that close.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Dude you're really triggered over him eh?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

In my defense... I was super high when I made that statement. Lol
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I'm just trolling. He's a good prospect, but it's fun getting under that guys skin sometimes.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Lawrence is a pipe dream but Lance could be a more realistic possibility.

• zero
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for zero.
I'm starting to really like this guy and figure he'll be available when we pick (thinking somewhere between 9-15). I say pull the trigger if he there, I think he's better than fields and we won't be able to get Trevor.

I'm just trolling. He's a good prospect, but it's fun getting under that guys skin sometimes.

Who? You mean David Lombardi?
Im on the train!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
watched about 60 seconds worth of highlights, i'm sold. too bad shanny is dumb and wants a statue for a QB.

Haha at least you're honest
Share 49ersWebzone