LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Originally posted by 49ers808:
This is what I wrote in the QB thread:

Man I gotta admit, watching Russ and Mahomes shred the league being able to make plays when the plays break down makes me want one of those. Just imagining what YAC monsters we have in Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk and what they'd be able to do with it. If Fields or Trey Lance was in striking distance, I'd pull the page of KC's book and trade up to get um. Let them sit like Mahomes did behind Alex, and if Jimmy is still playing good, let him play out his contract with someone waiting in the wings. If someone offers up a trade and Lance is ready, ship him out. Both Mullens and Beathard is not under contract after this season. Of course I will change my mind if Jimmy brings home #6 for us this year

Basically what I'm saying
I'd be surprised if he declares after a season of one scheduled game.
He's playing for a program that is the Bama+Clemson of FCS football so he's got a considerable talent advantage on his side but he still has the best overall upside of any QB that they've had there and they have had a few good ones but particularly I'm talking about Carson Wentz. Lance has all the physical tools and ability but he's still raw in many ways although in recent years we're seeing that matter less and less with more QBs making the transition.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

He's in the ideal draft position. Mid to Late first means he'll go to a solid team.

The most of the teams with high picks are QB graveyards.
[ Edited by All22 on Oct 4, 2020 at 7:48 PM ]
If we continue to not use draft capital on interior players we need someone who can make defenses pay with their legs
Wait I'm lost, why did they only play one game ? Why couldn't they just do what the rest are ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Wait I'm lost, why did they only play one game ? Why couldn't they just do what the rest are ?

They are planning on playing the rest of their games in the spring and only one in the fall.

https://www.startribune.com/north-dakota-state-football-will-play-one-game-fall-season-vs-central-arkansas/572216061/

He's already a projected first rounder. Playing in the FCS, I'm not sure how much more he stands to gain if he stays.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

So a fluke run against mediocre competition at best?

How about the 2 turnovers he had?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's already a projected first rounder. Playing in the FCS, I'm not sure how much more he stands to gain if he stays.

The consensus #1 overall pick in 2022.
The consensus #1 overall pick in 2022.

He's close to a Top 10 pick right now. He goes back and he gets injured, then what? Not sure there is enough upside to staying another year for him.
#1 pick hell no...good prospect though

• Jcool
  • Veteran
I have Lance becoming a better Pro than Trevor. Not saying Trevor isn't going to be good in the NFL... I just see Lance having a better career. He has produced good numbers with lesser Talent than what Trevor has. That being said I would die happy if one of these guys became a niner. (I know I know.. in my dreams)
Share 49ersWebzone