LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

THE TREVOR LOTTERY

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Won't have a chance at him.. Jets will get him... Be more realistic and root for getting Justin Fields or Tray Lance

What if Trevor pulls an Eli move?? Can't rule anything out in the NFL

Our odds would still be a longshot.

Ya. We have no chance at getting him. Outside of him getting badly hurt and dropping, he's going #1. Jets or Giants for sure.

Jets or Giants will also be picking Fields or Lance, depending on who gets Lawrence. Maybe, just maybe, Giants or Jets give their QBs one more year. But even then, Redskins are going to be in the market for a QB. They will be bad this year as well. And there is also a possibility of teams like the Falcons or Lions or even the Vikings if they continue to have bad QB play, to move on from their QBs. Even the Cowboys with Dak's injury now.

Lance, Lawrence, and Fields, might all be gone before we pick.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
... and I see Shanahan drafting Sam Ellinger in the 3rd round because he's smart and competetive.. and by the way, he's also from Texas where Shanny played as a WR !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
... and I see Shanahan drafting Sam Ellinger in the 3rd round because he's smart and competetive.. and by the way, he's also from Texas where Shanny played as a WR !!!

I'm a Longhorns fan and I hope not.
I would be on board with winning this lottery. If we can be bad enough.
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I would have never thought that this guy would be within our reach but it really could happen.

11 more losses and he is ours !

Not if the teams with 0 wins also have 11 more

Debbie Downer

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Won't have a chance at him.. Jets will get him... Be more realistic and root for getting Justin Fields or Tray Lance

Ya. We have no chance at getting him. Outside of him getting badly hurt and dropping, he's going #1. Jets or Giants for sure.

Jets or Giants will also be picking Fields or Lance, depending on who gets Lawrence. Maybe, just maybe, Giants or Jets give their QBs one more year. But even then, Redskins are going to be in the market for a QB. They will be bad this year as well. And there is also a possibility of teams like the Falcons or Lions or even the Vikings if they continue to have bad QB play, to move on from their QBs. Even the Cowboys with Dak's injury now.

It's possible but why would the Jets and Giants get another QB? Darnold was #3 pick in 2018 for the Jets and Jones was #6 pick in 2019 Giants. Pretty high picks just to throw away
Originally posted by Alfienator:
It's possible but why would the Jets and Giants get another QB? Darnold was #3 pick in 2018 for the Jets and Jones was #6 pick in 2019 Giants. Pretty high picks just to throw away

I mean neither of those teams QB has shown much. Trevor Lawrence is special. I think it's an easy call for either team. Draft Trevor and ship out Darnold/Jones.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I would have never thought that this guy would be within our reach but it really could happen.

11 more losses and he is ours !

Not if the teams with 0 wins also have 11 more

Debbie Downer

The way this season is going, we will suck enough to not make the playoffs but not suck enough for the draft. Our draft position will get injured like the rest of the team

Darnold will surely be replaced by Lawrence if they get the chance. Darnold has turned out better than Rosen but hardly franchise material.
I think Lawrence ends up in Jacksonville. I could see us maybe getting a top 10 pick this year but we definitely won't be getting the 1st pick in the draft.

Originally posted by ninersnw:
I think Lawrence ends up in Jacksonville. I could see us maybe getting a top 10 pick this year but we definitely won't be getting the 1st pick in the draft.

Nah we'll get back our secondary miss the wildcard and end up with the #19 pick
[ Edited by Since07 on Oct 14, 2020 at 7:55 AM ]

Arizona did it when they drafted Murray.
Originally posted by English:
Darnold will surely be replaced by Lawrence if they get the chance. Darnold has turned out better than Rosen but hardly franchise material.

I agree but it's still too early to write off Darnold. He was really raw coming out of college. I think he only had one year as the starter. He has less to work with than Jimmy but people want to use that as an excuse for him. Darnold may still develop into a good QB but I agree he likely will never be an elite QB. The Jets fans will never let the front office forget it if they pass on Lawrence.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Arizona did it when they drafted Murray.

This is it. Gase will be gone because he sucks at coaching. New regime will want their guy. What better way to start than Lawrence? FWIW, I don't think Darnold is that bad, been shell shocked by bad OL and a lack of offensive weapons.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Oct 14, 2020 at 8:24 AM ]
Originally posted by English:

I think its too soon to say that about Darnold. His O-Line in the 3 years he's been their guy has been bottom of the league each year. Just terrible.
I can see the Jets trading out of the #1 pick if the deal is good for them. Lions are a dark horse too, if they stink Stafford's back is a risk long term.
Share 49ersWebzone