LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 447 users in the forums

THE TREVOR LOTTERY

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I think its too soon to say that about Darnold. His O-Line in the 3 years he's been their guy has been bottom of the league each year. Just terrible.
I can see the Jets trading out of the #1 pick if the deal is good for them. Lions are a dark horse too, if they stink Stafford's back is a risk long term.

They generally stink.
The Giants have a solid history the Jets don't. Lawrence should tell the Jets "I won't play for you". The Jets have horrible owners, coaches, and management. The best move Bill Belichick ever did was quit the Jets after one day.
You don't trade the pick, he's a generational talent.
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:

I feel like we hear that about 5 players ever draft.

This. You do what the Cardinals did and take Murray and trade the guy who still has potential.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

This. You do what the Cardinals did and take Murray and trade the guy who still has potential.

Except putting Trevor with Gase will end in disaster even still.

There's no way Gase is their coach next season.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

I feel like we hear that about 5 players ever draft.

Only because some people overuse the term.

Lawrence has been considered the #1 QB since his freshman season. When you have that and it doesn't change...it's a generational talent.

Last guy like that was Andrew Luck and some think Lawrence is better.

This isn't Joe Burrow who came out of left field.
This isn't Baker Mayfield who put up big numbers but had some question marks about the offense or his size.
This isn't Kyler Murray who had similar evaluation as Mayfield.

Etc...
Lawrence would go down as an all time epic bust if he doesn't do well in the NFL. He has size, arm strength, ability to scramble and move well and he's played at the highest level against the best competition outside the NFL

This is where luck can really pay off. Guys like this come around every few years and if you are a bad team that needs a QB then you hit the jackpot. When the Niners needed a QB and had the #1 pick, it wasn't a strong year for QBs. They took Smith and Rogers lasted until the 23rd pick. We know who was better but neither was considered a generational, elite QB.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 14, 2020 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Lawrence would go down as an all time epic bust if he doesn't do well in the NFL. He has size, arm strength, ability to scramble and move well and he's played at the highest level against the best competition outside the NFL

I think the only way he's a bust is if he's injured or the team he goes to(Jets) simply don't protect him and he gets all shell shocked and even that would surprise me because he's a pretty tough kid.

The usual bust factor for big talent guys doesn't apply to him. He's smart, good leader and has no off the field issues or concerns when it comes to being lazy/unmotivated.

Would absolutely love to have this kid but it's never going to happen. We're not getting #1 overall since we already have 2 wins and the Jets may be lucky to get 1.

Nobody is trading him either.

Originally posted by genus49:
I think the only way he's a bust is if he's injured or the team he goes to(Jets) simply don't protect him and he gets all shell shocked and even that would surprise me because he's a pretty tough kid.

The usual bust factor for big talent guys doesn't apply to him. He's smart, good leader and has no off the field issues or concerns when it comes to being lazy/unmotivated.

Would absolutely love to have this kid but it's never going to happen. We're not getting #1 overall since we already have 2 wins and the Jets may be lucky to get 1.

I wasn't implying that he will be a bust. I was trying to say he's so good that if he didn't end up being a star, it would be considered a bust because he has so much talent. Not just an ordinary #1 pick. Most QBs picked first are still somewhat of a question mark until they prove they can play. There aren't many doubters with this guy.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by genus49:

I wasn't implying that he will be a bust. I was trying to say he's so good that if he didn't end up being a star, it would be considered a bust because he has so much talent. Not just an ordinary #1 pick. Most QBs picked first are still somewhat of a question mark until they prove they can play. There aren't many doubters with this guy.

I know what you meant. Was just saying he's got pretty good adds at avoiding the bust label but I agree with your main point. He's such a top end prospect that I just don't see him not doing well unless it is injury related or a product of the sh*t show around him.
Hopefully he has a haircut.

Dude has a better record than Shanny did at this point in year 2 lol

Dude has a better record than Shanny did at this point in year 2 lol

Do you think there is any owner/GM who would rather have Gase than Shanny?
Share 49ersWebzone