LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Andrew Thomas-OT-Georgia

He's not making it to 13 Imo and I can see TB moving up to grab him or whatever OT is left
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's not making it to 13 Imo and I can see TB moving up to grab him or whatever OT is left

You shut your filthy mouth!
Most mock drafts have him falling to the teens as the #4 OT and I don't get why. I'd actually be happy if other teams go QB and WR frenzy top 10 and we pick an elite LT like Thomas.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You tell him! Can he play guard for a season whilst Staley works his way out or is he just a tackle?
Originally posted by English:
You tell him! Can he play guard for a season whilst Staley works his way out or is he just a tackle?

He's played everything but center I believe.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Why is this a question? Any WR we pick at 13 and Deebo Samuel can be on the field together for at least 850-900 snaps each next year if they stay healthy. I'm not sure why we'd assume that our X WR gets hurt for part of the year to cause them to only play 500 snaps.

Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Jr. played 998 and 1017 snaps respectively on the Browns. Emmanuel Sanders played >90% of our snaps in each of our last 5 regular season games. Deebo played between 78% and 97% of our snaps in each of those games. Extrapolate that to a full year and that's 800+ snaps for Deebo and 900+ snaps for Sanders.

If the WR we pick at 13 is good enough and stays healthy, they will be on the field for at least 800-900 snaps.

I'm all for picking an OT or DT at #13 if we love the player, but let's not pretend that our XWR is limited to 500-600 snaps. Deebo played 709 snaps as a rookie in 15 games and he wasn't a starter early in the year. Sanders played 487 snaps in 10 games, but that's only because he suffered a rib injury against Seattle and had to undergo MRIs. He played banged up the next 2 games. Once he was fully healthy, he played 95% of our snaps.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SamuDe00/fantasy/2019
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandEm00/fantasy/2019

Now go look at our snap counts. Deebo had the most at only 700. The next closest is 500. Kyle likes to rotate receivers. And a large portion of those snaps are blocking snaps.

To your point, maybe if Kyle had his OBJ, he'd run a more traditional snap count with his X and Z.

Seeing you two fight over getting a T at 13 makes me so happy. LOL
Originally posted by NCommand:
Now go look at our snap counts. Deebo had the most at only 700. The next closest is 500. Kyle likes to rotate receivers. And a large portion of those snaps are blocking snaps.

To your point, maybe if Kyle had his OBJ, he'd run a more traditional snap count with his X and Z.

I looked at and explained our snap counts. Kyle doesn't rotate receivers as much as you're suggesting - Sanders played 95% of our snaps when he was healthy and Deebo played >80% of our snaps once he became the starter. If we draft a WR at 13 and they stay healthy all year, there's a good chance they play 800-1000 snaps. Deebo will too.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

I looked at and explained our snap counts. Kyle doesn't rotate receivers as much as you're suggesting - Sanders played 95% of our snaps when he was healthy and Deebo played >80% of our snaps once he became the starter. If we draft a WR at 13 and they stay healthy all year, there's a good chance they play 800-1000 snaps. Deebo will too.

I would certainly have zero issues with a top receiver. I think a top talent to the WR position is just as important as a top talent to the OL to that whole unit, personally. And with Sanders gone, it's splitting hairs for me. WR is definitely the sexier pick.

Which position coach is going to get more out of the pick? Benton? Kyle/Welker+?

Haha just keeping in real

No fighting

Just saying imo it's highly doubtful one of the top 4 OTs fall to us and I won't be shocked if a team like TB moves up to take whomever is left.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We need a real guard. Is he better than Ruiz? I don't know. If he's around at 31 sure. I don't suppose he takes naps at Center does he?

He's an elite tackle prospect. Why are you comparing him to a center?
The op said he could play guard. We need g/c depending on richburgs leg.

So no center no guard, pass.
Is this the Roquan McGlinchey pick over again?

I want Ruggs and Shanalynch go Thomas with Ruggs picked one spot earlier. That being said if Ruggs and Jeudy are gone I wouldn't mind this pick. Then go WR at 31. We should have kept Sanders for flexibility unless Shanalynch already KNOWS they want a receiver at #13.

Harder pill to swallow if Ruggs is there at 13 and we draft Thomas. But we won't be picking this high again and this is a good spot esp in this draft to get an elite left tackle
[ Edited by Ezekiel38 on Mar 28, 2020 at 1:53 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
The op said he could play guard. We need g/c depending on richburgs leg.

So no center no guard, pass.

They also need an eventual long-term replacement for Staley. If you have a shot at an elite tackle prospect that could start at tackle for a decade and could play guard in the interim until Staley retires, thats not something to be overlooked.

No fighting

Just saying imo it's highly doubtful one of the top 4 OTs fall to us and I won't be shocked if a team like TB moves up to take whomever is left.

You're right. But I'm not going to tell him that.

Wait...
Share 49ersWebzone