LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Andrew Thomas-OT-Georgia

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Wirfs is the one guy of the big 4 that most feel his best pro position is guard.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
As he should be. The others got more offseason hype, he's the best rounded in terms of scheme neutrality and combined ability as a run and pass blocker. More and more I feel like Wirfs could be the last of the top four tackles still standing.

He is going to the Jets to play with ya boy QW.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Wirfs technique is very inconsistent. If you're drafting an OL that high... I really don't think you should draft one with questionable technique like that.

I agree. I'd much rather have Wills or Thomas. But the 49ers would be a great landing spot for Wirfs. Allowing him to play guard for a year, while the coaching staff works on technique to play tackle. Not my ideal pick at 13, but from Wirfs point of view it would be a good fit. If someone throws him as a starting LT, with a dramatically shortened camp and preseason because of the coronavirus, he is going to be exposed.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Wouldn´t cry if they draft Wirfs or Thomas.
That would be pretty smart to be honest.
Originally posted by pdc20:

Good read...

I don't see any of the OTs making it to 13. Seems like most NFL executives like Thomas the most.
Could wills play guard? Twinkletoes.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Wirfs is the one guy of the big 4 that most feel his best pro position is guard.

Wirfs would be an all pro guard for us tbh. Would not be a bad pick up.
Originally posted by FL9er:

that's interesting (disclaimer I really haven't looked at the OTs THAT much), because he seems to be the consensus #1 ranked OT. Do you think that means the other big two or 3 could go before him?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by pdc20:

Good read...

I don't see any of the OTs making it to 13. Seems like most NFL executives like Thomas the most.

If this is the case then you have

3QBs
4OTs
Young
Okudah
Brown
Simmons

That's 11 players total that have been consensus top 10 picks if you are going to assume all 4 OTs are gone by 13.

That would mean at least two of the top WRs in play at 13....

As much as I'd love that, with Denver looking to trade up for a WR we could be left with sloppy thirds of the top 3 WRs, if any of them are there at all. I want to trade down if no WR at 13.

I have seen the Jags in a few mocks drafting Jeudy at #9....if that happens and Denver trades to #10..........
[ Edited by Ezekiel38 on Apr 16, 2020 at 2:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone