There are 97 users in the forums

Denzel Mims WR Baylor

So glad we stayed clear of The Last Mimsy
Yes my draft crush, but I found a perfect, stretch the field trade candidate that i think would be a good addition to this team, he was given up on by the jets last year, toss them a late rd pick and let this kid earn his spot, Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings, Mims and a vet pick up or draft pick would be nice IMO.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Yes my draft crush, but I found a perfect, stretch the field trade candidate that i think would be a good addition to this team, he was given up on by the jets last year, toss them a late rd pick and let this kid earn his spot, Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings, Mims and a vet pick up or draft pick would be nice IMO.

I'd trade a 6th rounder and 7th (comp) for Denzel Mims and Ashtyn Davis. Both are on the trade block. Both would be cheap and provide depth at positions of moderate need.

He's been terrible with the Jets, to the point that he had a rookie WR calling him out for slacking off. My guess is that if Shanahan asks Saleh or LaFleur about him, he won't like what he hears back.

Seems like another example of million dollar body, five cent head.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's been terrible with the Jets, to the point that he had a rookie WR calling him out for slacking off. My guess is that if Shanahan asks Saleh or LaFleur about him, he won't like what he hears back.

Seems like another example of million dollar body, five cent head.

Why would an opposing staff talk down on a product of theirs to a team thinking about trading for him ? Friends, ex workers or not, I'd think they wouldn't trash Mims, why hurt your chance of getting a pick while getting rid of a player they don't like ? Just saying.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Why would an opposing staff talk down on a product of theirs to a team thinking about trading for him ? Friends, ex workers or not, I'd think they wouldn't trash Mims, why hurt your chance of getting a pick while getting rid of a player they don't like ? Just saying.

Because you want to do future deals with these people. Also, all coaches need to maintain a network for hiring - either their own employment or promoting new coaches.

Why sully your rep over a late round pick?

Also, the proof is on the tape. They're not playing him. He's healthy. They don't like him. They're awful and he still can't make an impact. Why lie?
All the talent in the world, but totally wasting it. Sometimes it's hard to know how much they really love the game.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Because you want to do future deals with these people. Also, all coaches need to maintain a network for hiring - either their own employment or promoting new coaches.

Why sully your rep over a late round pick?

Also, the proof is on the tape. They're not playing him. He's healthy. They don't like him. They're awful and he still can't make an impact. Why lie?

Good point
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
All the talent in the world, but totally wasting it. Sometimes it's hard to know how much they really love the game.

Very true, but I'd take a chance on him if it was for a late pick.
People hyped this dude way too much and mainly over the physical traits. I remember watching his tape being super underwhelmed. The dude constantly pushed off and struggled to create space. 💩💩💩
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 20, 2022 at 1:30 PM ]

Because their relationships to Shanahan mean more than being able to pry away a 5th or 6th round pick over a guy that looks like a bust in every way?

Also you know, there's the fact that they have a garbage WR group besides one or two guys and Mims still couldn't get out on the field. Hard to disguise that. He seems like another Pettis, or worse.
Originally posted by Heroism:
People hyped this dude way too much and mainly over the physical traits. I remember watching his tape being super underwhelmed. The dude constantly pushed off and struggled to create space. 💩💩💩

I feel like for the most part being a jumpball receiver in college just means you can't get open against college corners
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Because their relationships to Shanahan mean more than being able to pry away a 5th or 6th round pick over a guy that looks like a bust in every way?

Also you know, there's the fact that they have a garbage WR group besides one or two guys and Mims still couldn't get out on the field. Hard to disguise that. He seems like another Pettis, or worse.

I get it, I was definitely in on him thinking he'd be at least a good 3rd WR in the league, he's still young and could make an impact somewhere I guess if he turns it around.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Very true, but I'd take a chance on him if it was for a late pick.

i wouldnt they are guys just as talented in this draft class

Mims has not shown even flashes he can make it in the NFL
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:
Originally posted by Heroism:

I feel like for the most part being a jumpball receiver in college just means you can't get open against college corners

Yeah me being one, I fell in love with the speed, height, catch radius and thought he'd perform on the next level way better. Just like when we traded Jenkins for the kid from Georgia Tech, forget his name but I was thinking we won that trade and he'd be a good pick up.
Share 49ersWebzone