There are 94 users in the forums

Denzel Mims WR Baylor

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Someone please check on moon to see if he still has a pulse
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Someone please check on moon to see if he still has a pulse

Remember the saying about sleeping dogs?
Originally posted by BYisGod:
When I watch Mims, one word consistently comes to mind: Handsy. He grabs, pulls, and pushes. And while he got away with it in college, he will not get away with it in the pros. He will need to find other ways to win. I would be disappointed if we spent a first rounder on him.

Yeah. Part of that is nice to see, because you know a guy knows how to physical and how to use his body. Some guys that only rely on speed have no idea how to use their hand and body to shield, and dont adapt to elite competition where everyone is fast. But the question is does Mims overly rely on physicality? Seems like he shouldnt after his 40 time, but that one really surprised me. His game tape looks much slower. Looks like he struggles to separate. He does alot of things really well. Some of the best sidelines catches of the year, as he really understands space and has great body control. Just seems like a prime candidate to be over drafted because of that 40 time.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Yeah. Part of that is nice to see, because you know a guy knows how to physical and how to use his body. Some guys that only rely on speed have no idea how to use their hand and body to shield, and dont adapt to elite competition where everyone is fast. But the question is does Mims overly rely on physicality? Seems like he shouldnt after his 40 time, but that one really surprised me. His game tape looks much slower. Looks like he struggles to separate. He does alot of things really well. Some of the best sidelines catches of the year, as he really understands space and has great body control. Just seems like a prime candidate to be over drafted because of that 40 time.

The combine didn't move the needle for me because I already knew he was fast. His track times were widely available. If I knew he was 4.3 fast, guarantee the NFL knew as well. I think the media was late to him, and then the senior bowl mixed with combine helped him in their eyes.
This is easily the best WR for Kyle Shanahan system in the entire draft. Him and Deebo on the same team will terrify the NFL for the next 10+ seasons.

This is a guy that I think could genuinely surprise people with how early he goes.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
this draft is so freaking deep. I hope like hell we add more picks before drafting one.
Here's what some other guys said about mims in that same article...

"Opinions were split on Mims among the 17 executives/scouts McGinn interviewed, as Mims was voted the second-most likely wideout to become a bust, behind only Colorado's Laviska Shenault. "He's an outside receiver. He's going to need a lot of work on how to run routes. He has tight shoulders. Better high-ball catcher than low-ball catcher. More of a 400-meter guy. He's got inconsistent hands. He's going to need work on how to get off press. He's just got average body control," said a different scout. "I got him in the second round." Mims flew up draft boards after a strong Senior Bowl and Combine."

Loved Mims in the mid 2nd top 20, meh.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 21, 2020 at 7:13 PM ]

"Opinions were split on Mims among the 17 executives/scouts McGinn interviewed, as Mims was voted the second-most likely wideout to become a bust, behind only Colorado's Laviska Shenault. "He's an outside receiver. He's going to need a lot of work on how to run routes. He has tight shoulders. Better high-ball catcher than low-ball catcher. More of a 400-meter guy. He's got inconsistent hands. He's going to need work on how to get off press. He's just got average body control," said a different scout. "I got him in the second round." Mims flew up draft boards after a strong Senior Bowl and Combine."

I like Mims but he is a boom or bust guy. Not sure if he can step in right away and contribute.
Originally posted by miked1978:

I like Mims but he is a boom or bust guy. Not sure if he can step in right away and contribute.

He can on our team lol. Unless you think he can't beat out Pettis, Taylor, Hurd, Benjamin or James for playing time

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by miked1978:

He can on our team lol. Unless you think he can't beat out Pettis, Taylor, Hurd, Benjamin or James for playing time

I like Mims for sure, loved what he did at the Senior Bowl and I knew he was gonna test well. IMO he's more of a vertical threat guy. I don't see him running a bunch of slants/crossing routes. I feel like he's not very fluid (regardless of what the combine #s say)

Much better value in the mid 2nd compared to where're he's going in mocks.
I like Mims for sure, loved what he did at the Senior Bowl and I knew he was gonna test well. IMO he's more of a vertical threat guy. I don't see him running a bunch of slants/crossing routes. I feel like he's not very fluid (regardless of what the combine #s say)

Much better value in the mid 2nd compared to where're he's going in mocks.

He's got only 2 branches on the route tree.
This kid might be my favorite WR that's not gonna be drafted day 1.

He's been one of the best WRs at the Senior Bowl this week. He's got top end speed/very explosive, a big catch radius, and has showed much better with route-running this week.

he measured in at 6-2 1/2 206Lbs with 9 1/4" hands and 33 1/2" arms

I've seen him comped to Kenny Golladay

I like this guy too!!
This is the guy i want at 31
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
This kid might be my favorite WR that's not gonna be drafted day 1.

He's been one of the best WRs at the Senior Bowl this week. He's got top end speed/very explosive, a big catch radius, and has showed much better with route-running this week.

he measured in at 6-2 1/2 206Lbs with 9 1/4" hands and 33 1/2" arms

I've seen him comped to Kenny Golladay

I like this guy too!!

Stuuuuuuuuud
Share 49ersWebzone