There are 185 users in the forums

2020 Draft Needs

2020 Draft Needs

Lynch seems to take care of needs more in FA than the draft. This is a playoff team so a swing tackle and edge rusher in FA, solid interior oline maybe and they can keep drafting speed
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Lynch seems to take care of needs more in FA than the draft. This is a playoff team so a swing tackle and edge rusher in FA, solid interior oline maybe and they can keep drafting speed

Good point. Shannahan has historically signed veteran centers. I wouldn't mind seeing an OG/OT type prospect.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Would love it if they signed Vic Beasley or Shaq Lawson but I doubt it with Armstead and Blair set to become free agents.
O-line ,CB ,Safety and Edge are our needs ... With so many wasted picks on WR's that aren't working out(SO FAR) it would be crazy to throw another away IMO ... I'd also look into a edge at tha end of round 1 and look to drop Ford 2021...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
O-line ,CB ,Safety and Edge are our needs ... With so many wasted picks on WR's that aren't working out(SO FAR) it would be crazy to throw another away IMO ... I'd also look into a edge at tha end of round 1 and look to drop Ford 2021...

So many wasted picks? Educate me.

Deebo isn't a wasted pick. No question.

Hurd looked pretty good in pre season. To make a back injury into a wasted pick seems harsh, to say the least.

Pettis? I still don't rule him out, but certainly for now, low value pick.

Richie James? Good value returner for a 7th round pick.

Trent Taylor? Reasonable value for a 5th, again an injury is getting in the way.

And prior to that we have to go to the 6th round of 2016, under the previous regime.

Several posters here seem to be pushing an agenda that the team can't draft receivers and have wasted picks on the position. Accepting that draft picks are a lottery, looking at the current regime's record, I really cannot see how this position can be justified.
Originally posted by English:

Hurd looked pretty good in pre season. To make a back injury into a wasted pick seems harsh, to say the least.

Trent Taylor? Reasonable value for a 5th, again an injury is getting in the way.

And prior to that we have to go to the 6th round of 2016, under the previous regime.

Several posters here seem to be pushing an agenda that the team can't draft receivers and have wasted picks on the position. Accepting that draft picks are a lottery, looking at the current regime's record, I really cannot see how this position can be justified.

Well I don't care what others are pushing I'm seeing it as drafting a good WR as Shanny's kryptonite ...

So many draft picks used on WR's and besides Deboo and using more somewhat high picks for a old Sanders not many have worked out ...

Hurd looked pretty good yea on 1 play in 1 preseason game before he got hurt and was done for tha yr...

Taylor good WR can't stay healthy has missed 2 seasons+...

Pettis like really WTF ...

Like really how many more high draft picks are we goin to use on WR ??? We get s**t for using so many picks on tha D-line but have kinda done tha same with WR ...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Dec 22, 2019 at 4:08 AM ]

Well I don't care what others are pushing I'm seeing it as drafting a good WR as Shanny's kryptonite ...

So many draft picks used on WR's and besides Deboo and using more somewhat high picks for a old Sanders not many have worked out ...

Hurd looked pretty good yea on 1 play in 1 preseason game before he got hurt and was done for tha yr...

Taylor good WR can't stay healthy has missed 2 seasons+...

Pettis like really WTF ...

Like really how many more high draft picks are we goin to use on WR ??? We get s**t for using so many picks on tha D-line but have kinda done tha same with WR ...

No we haven't. Three seconds, a fifth and a seventh. That is all. So many draft picks? I think it would be way more accurate to complain that not enough high picks have been used on the position. The 5th and the 7th are pretty much garbage time picks. So we have used 3 highish picks. One success, one failure and one the jury is out on. That looks pretty close to par for me.
Ironically, the Rams game accentuates the IOL vs WR debate. Jimmy G was under constant pressure from the interior pass rush, but several of those pressures/sacks were because the WR weren't getting open and he held the ball too long.

If the Niners can get a blue chip prospect at either position, it would upgrade this team.

If they stay at the end of rd 1, they will likely get the 4th to 7th best WR overall -or- the 1st to 3rd best OC.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The foundation of this team is the LOS, and it's been attrition there over the last several weeks emphasizing the need for quality depth.

Good post English.

IMO, we are not using Richie James nearly enough.

When Trent returns he will do for us what Beasly does for Buffalo.

We also need real help for the OL. Agree w/Butter that getting a quality vet C would be a smart move.

Originally posted by Butter:
Ironically, the Rams game accentuates the IOL vs WR debate. Jimmy G was under constant pressure from the interior pass rush, but several of those pressures/sacks were because the WR weren't getting open and he held the ball too long.

If the Niners can get a blue chip prospect at either position, it would upgrade this team.

If they stay at the end of rd 1, they will likely get the 4th to 7th best WR overall -or- the 1st to 3rd best OC.

there are some good depth guys on the DL, even if Blair, Day and Armstead don't come back. You have to franchise Armstead.

I think it is replenish the OL for competition and LB and the secondary.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
there are some good depth guys on the DL, even if Blair, Day and Armstead don't come back. You have to franchise Armstead.

Much rather see veterans on the O-line than a rookie. There should be some affordable O-line help in March, the market is gonna be stacked with Guards!!!

49ers need to strengthen their secondary and get that game changing Safety!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:

Much rather see veterans on the O-line than a rookie. There should be some affordable O-line help in March, the market is gonna be stacked with Guards!!!

49ers need to strengthen their secondary and get that game changing Safety!!!

Interesting take. Maybe they can get a developmental OC in the 5th.

Are there any day 3 OC prospects that are worth considering?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
1. Safety
2. IOL

3.LB
4.DE

Keeping Sanders should be priority #1.Yes he's not the long term answer But without seeing Hurd in this offense. We would have the ability to wait to find that long term guy.

At S we have alot of guys who are good at 1 thing or another but not really great at anything. I want a DOG in the S position
Share 49ersWebzone