LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

WR class 2020

Doesn't really matter until the combine and pro days.

We know what Shanny will look for and he won't adjust his plan

4.3 - 4.5 speed MINIMUM
Elite athleticism
Great route running and separation
Needs to be good in drills, especially agility drills and 3 cone or whatever it is they test

Absolutely zero consideration for height and bulk. In fact, he can be 5'7" and 150 pounds. It will be okay
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Nov 19, 2019 at 8:08 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I think y'all need to put Brandon Aiyuk on your late 1st watchlists. Dude is incredible and has NFL size, traits, personality. Good route runner, tough after the catch, can take it to the house on any play. Tremendous quickness. He's virtually everything Shanahan wants in a WR.

He's got a real chance to get selected by the Niners.
[ Edited by okdkid on Nov 19, 2019 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
I think y'all need to put Brandon Aiyuk on your late 1st watchlists. Dude is incredible and has NFL size, traits, personality. Good route runner, tough after the catch, can take it to the house on any play. Tremendous quickness. He's virtually everything Shanahan wants in a WR.

He reminds me of Stephon Diggs. Slightly bigger tougher version of him
[ Edited by kronik on Nov 20, 2019 at 1:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

4.3 - 4.5 speed MINIMUM
Elite athleticism
Needs to be good in drills, especially agility drills and 3 cone or whatever it is they test

Absolutely zero consideration for height and bulk. In fact, he can be 5'7" and 150 pounds. It will be okay

Which of those factors should height and bulk trump?
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

4.3 - 4.5 speed MINIMUM
Elite athleticism

Sucks that Jalen Hurd is a midget receiver.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Don't forget the guy from Liberty. He's impressing big time and he's 6'4 apparently.

You're talking about Antonio Gandy-Golden, and you're absolutely right. There are questions about the level of competition, but this kid looks terrific. Great hands, great at catching the ball in traffic, and is among the top 25 in the nation in both TDs and yards/catch. He's a deep threat and red-zone threat and at this point, I'm really digging him as a potential target for us. May actually be my favorite receiver I've scouted all year so far.

I don't want to sound blasphemous, but some of the stuff I've seen this kid do gives me flashbacks to Randy Moss. I would not be shocked to see him make a meteoric rise if he balls out at the combine and tests well for football IQ.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 21, 2019 at 5:41 AM ]
Another WR to keep an eye on is Omar Bayless from Arkansas State. 6-3 205 and leads the nation in both touchdowns and yards/game. He's kind of like the Quinnen Williams of receivers this year. Absolutely EXPLODED on the scene after no one even knew his name, with just seven starts prior to this year. So far, he's already amassed nearly 1300 yards with 14 TDs, putting on the best statistical performance of any receiver in the nation.

Of course, that doesn't mean he's the best receiver, but no question now that he'll fly up the draft boards if the testing and character checks out.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Don't forget the guy from Liberty. He's impressing big time and he's 6'4 apparently.

You're talking about Antonio Gandy-Golden, and you're absolutely right. There are questions about the level of competition, but this kid looks terrific. Great hands, great at catching the ball in traffic, and is among the top 25 in the nation in both TDs and yards/catch. He's a deep threat and red-zone threat and at this point, I'm really digging him as a potential target for us. May actually be my favorite receiver I've scouted all year so far.

I don't want to sound blasphemous, but some of the stuff I've seen this kid do gives me flashbacks to Randy Moss. I would not be shocked to see him make a meteoric rise if he balls out at the combine and tests well for football IQ.

yesss I like this kid. Only have seen clips so I can't give a great review but everything I've seen is good.

Man so many good WRs in this draft...some really great ones will slip through the cracks. I would love a trade down (or two) to get some day 2 picks and early day 3 picks.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

yesss I like this kid. Only have seen clips so I can't give a great review but everything I've seen is good.

Man so many good WRs in this draft...some really great ones will slip through the cracks. I would love a trade down (or two) to get some day 2 picks and early day 3 picks.

I love the fact that AGG is also a team captain for Liberty. Man, I hate to get so attached to prospects so early, because then I get so disappointed to see them go anywhere else (especially if they light it up there later). Just really really hoping we get one of the top guys from this class.

If you like numbers:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/455

But tape says a lot more. I don't have a link for that.
Originally posted by okdkid:

This. This is good.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

If this is true then kinda sucks we wasted a 3rd this year on Hurd when it could've gone elsewhere - but who knows Hurd might turn into a legit starter
The interesting question to me is do the Niners trade down from their first and target another WR in the top of the 2nd? They could obviously use more picks for OL and DB depth.

BUT, if it looks like there is a legit #1 WR prospect at the bottom of the 1st, should they just pull the trigger at WR?
Originally posted by Butter:
The interesting question to me is do the Niners trade down from their first and target another WR in the top of the 2nd? They could obviously use more picks for OL and DB depth.

BUT, if it looks like there is a legit #1 WR prospect at the bottom of the 1st, should they just pull the trigger at WR?

Imo it's going to depend on how the rest of this year pans out. IF Deebo keeps progressing, IF we bring Sanders back and he's healthy and IF Kittle maintains his dominance over the league THEN I think we'd look elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone