LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Bosa Or Q?

Bosa Or Q?

Originally posted by Syxton:
I tend to think of this in terms of injuries. If Dee Ford gets injured (he has a history), we would be WORSE than even last year.
If DeFo gets injured, we have Solly and Armstead that could step in.

So While I think it is close for Q and Bosa in terms of skill at their position. The truth of the matter is that Q would be a pick at a position of depth and Bosa is a pick at a position without depth. Go with Bosa.

Someone is smart
Bosa and it's not even close. We have 5 young DTs, one is a pro-bowler, and AA/ST are more than capable of getting pressure from the inside. We have ONE starter at edge....ONE.

both are top 2 players in this draft....one happens to play a massive position of need and the other does not. If Bosa is gone, look for a trade or draft Q. You're gonna have to move AA or ST imo and it hampers finding better talent at other positions of need.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bosa and it's not even close. We have 5 young DTs, one is a pro-bowler, and AA/ST are more than capable of getting pressure from the inside. We have ONE starter at edge....ONE.

both are top 2 players in this draft....one happens to play a massive position of need and the other does not. If Bosa is gone, look for a trade or draft Q. You're gonna have to move AA or ST imo and it hampers finding better talent at other positions of need.

Yeah, but you know this franchise. It wouldn't surprise me if they take QW. I still think AZ is taking one of them anyways.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Yeah, but you know this franchise. It wouldn't surprise me if they take QW. I still think AZ is taking one of them anyways.

I'll live with QW if Bosa is gone. He's damn good. I wouldn't be shocked if they trade down or at least try to if Bosa is gone.

I'm gonna keep saying Murray will go #1, maybe not to AZ but to someone.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude for real? we already get pressure up the middle and I expect that to get even better now that they plan to put Thomas at his natural position. They have nothing outside of Ford, who's play one full season as a starter and has back issues.

Oakland isn't moving up for a DE. Not in this draft...teams don't throw that amount of draft capital at a defensive player. just doesn't happen. ALSO what happens if the Jet's draft Q and not Allen?? If pressure up the middle is so much more important they will take Q.

You're also hoping a suitable edge rusher will be there at 35 you have no clue. Also by investing into YET another DT you're pushing down needs at other positions. Say by to drafting a better WR or S because you still need to get an edge rusher.

I would be just as happy with Allen.

As for teams not trading up for a DE. My thought process is after trading Mack and realizing how bad they need a rush. They could come out of it squeaky clean if they land Bosa. Trading Mack and 2 2nds for Bosa and 2 1sts. While saving a boat load of money. That is the reason I can see them trading up for the best pass rusher in the draft.

Also, in my plan is to trade Thomas and our comp pick for a 3rd. My newest mock addresses every single concern you have raised. Aside from maybe a backup LEO but Rome wasn't built in a day. The trade down alone as a pick at the top of the 2nd to be able to address other needs. No matter how YOU slice it. getting the equivalent of Q, Ford and Winovich for Bosa would be a HUGE win and it's not even close.

As for hopes, You are HOPING that Thomas becomes that inside force at his natural position.
Would I rather have Q at nose tackle or Bosa. It's a very easy decision. You take the player who you can use to full potential. Straight up I might go Q but when you have a Pro Bowler at his best spot you have to factor that in.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 21, 2019 at 6:29 AM ]
Originally posted by domingo360:
I want Q.

The thing I haven't really seen addressed with regard to Bosa is what is his role now that we have Dee? Does Bosa come in on sub packages as the Big End opposite Ford? Do we start Bosa at Leo and move Dee to SAM (in which case why did we pay Dee)?

Q seems to fit right in as a three down player right off the bat. Crush the middle with Dee coming off the edge.

70% of the game is nickel all you got know is Ford, Buckner, Thomas, Bosa can be rushing the passer. Base wise I think you got to mix in both of those ideas.

And Q at nose tackle 60% of the game is more problematic than figuring out Bosa/ Ford.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 21, 2019 at 6:35 AM ]
Seriously started to wonder if Bosa will just get ingulfed by larger Tackles. I don't see an elite first step with him. I can see him being a better Solomon Thomas.
Josh Allen's first step is way better.
Quinnen Williams is just all around better.
Leaning towards passing on Bosa, and hoping we could get a good edge in round 2.
Originally posted by crew:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Q...best player in the draft.

This...and sign Houston.

Now there's a good idea!!!
Allen
Q

Bosa

What an awesome problem to have.....

we know the D line is getting better, we just dont know how.

I am still on team Bosa, you cant escape the fact that he puts ST in the middle. In a sense Bosa gives us two top prospects, because of the effect on ST
Bosa and it is not even close for me. Yes I think Q is great, and may even be a better fit IF everyone stayed healthy. If we draft Q and Ford goes down, we are in a pretty similar situation to last year when we had no pass rush. Bosa gives us better depth where we actually need it, and him and Ford together could be nasty.

Dont overthink it, just draft Bosa if he is there. If not, I am good with Q or trade down.
Oh look another poll for Bosa to win
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Oh look another poll for Bosa to win

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Syxton:
I tend to think of this in terms of injuries. If Dee Ford gets injured (he has a history), we would be WORSE than even last year.
If DeFo gets injured, we have Solly and Armstead that could step in.

So While I think it is close for Q and Bosa in terms of skill at their position. The truth of the matter is that Q would be a pick at a position of depth and Bosa is a pick at a position without depth. Go with Bosa.

What if we sign Justin Houston?
Share 49ersWebzone