LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Bosa Or Q?

Bosa Or Q?

Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Oh look another poll for Bosa to win

Clearly a lot of people got convinced Bosas not good cause of one YouTube video. But Bosa will still win
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Syxton:
I tend to think of this in terms of injuries. If Dee Ford gets injured (he has a history), we would be WORSE than even last year.
If DeFo gets injured, we have Solly and Armstead that could step in.

So While I think it is close for Q and Bosa in terms of skill at their position. The truth of the matter is that Q would be a pick at a position of depth and Bosa is a pick at a position without depth. Go with Bosa.

What if we sign Justin Houston?

I don't think we should pass on Q because we need a backup for Ford. Find depth later in the draft or FA.
Originally posted by krizay:
I would be just as happy with Allen.

As for teams not trading up for a DE. My thought process is after trading Mack and realizing how bad they need a rush. They could come out of it squeaky clean if they land Bosa. Trading Mack and 2 2nds for Bosa and 2 1sts. While saving a boat load of money. That is the reason I can see them trading up for the best pass rusher in the draft.

Also, in my plan is to trade Thomas and our comp pick for a 3rd. My newest mock addresses every single concern you have raised. Aside from maybe a backup LEO but Rome wasn't built in a day. The trade down alone as a pick at the top of the 2nd to be able to address other needs. No matter how YOU slice it. getting the equivalent of Q, Ford and Winovich for Bosa would be a HUGE win and it's not even close.

As for hopes, You are HOPING that Thomas becomes that inside force at his natural position.

Not hoping he played much better as a interior DT last yr...you saw Buckner take it to the next level next to Thomas.

You have wayyy too much going on for me in your draft day trade plans for me to call it realistic. I get it, it's fun to think about options an such.

It's not happening man, it would have by now imo
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It's not happening man, it would have by now imo

I can see us signing him if we don't get Bosa
Originally posted by domingo360:
I don't think we should pass on Q because we need a backup for Ford. Find depth later in the draft or FA.

You do understand we need two edge rushers right? You do understand we use two DEs like 70% of the time?

Bosa wouldn't be backing up anything.
I can see us signing him if we don't get Bosa

I can't...they aren't gonna throw $12+ million for him after paying Ford.
Originally posted by cortana49:
Oh look another poll for Bosa to win

Clearly a lot of people got convinced Bosas not good cause of one YouTube video. But Bosa will still win

It's ridiculous, someone posted a game of Mack getting shutdown by San Diego State OTs . Good thing we didn't trade for him...that was a close one
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 21, 2019 at 7:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerswin:
Seriously started to wonder if Bosa will just get ingulfed by larger Tackles. I don't see an elite first step with him. I can see him being a better Solomon Thomas.
Josh Allen's first step is way better.
Quinnen Williams is just all around better.
Leaning towards passing on Bosa, and hoping we could get a good edge in round 2.

Lol....I can put up tape of any pass rusher losing reps.

Mack got stonewalled all game vs SDS boy he turned out awful

I'm amazed that the voting is so close. Just from reading comments for the last 6-8 weeks I would have guessed Bosa by a wide margin. It looks like opinions are starting to change a bit. I voted Bosa because it's more of a position of need. Some are concerned about Bosa family injury history but I don't think that's something you can predict. It could be a problem but he could just as easily be like Justin Smith and be the guy that's always there.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm amazed that the voting is so close. Just from reading comments for the last 6-8 weeks I would have guessed Bosa by a wide margin. It looks like opinions are starting to change a bit. I voted Bosa because it's more of a position of need. Some are concerned about Bosa family injury history but I don't think that's something you can predict. It could be a problem but he could just as easily be like Justin Smith and be the guy that's always there.

Well opinions change when you trade for a B+ talent edge rusher. I still want a trade down.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
This is a tough one, but I think I have decided. I trust Willie McGinest's assessment. He doesn't rate Bosa highly at all, at least definitely not a top 3 defensive player. And on the contrary, he rates Q extremely highly and believes the 9ers should draft him.

But, the only thing I would say different is EDGE is the bigger need. So, if it was up to me, I would trade down to take a lesser EDGE such as Sweat, Ferrell, etc and Metcalf.

Since I started the thread and tried to confine the choices to 2 namely only Bosa or Q to simplify things, I will say this, in the event we don't or can't trade down, I will have to take Q.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Syxton:
I tend to think of this in terms of injuries. If Dee Ford gets injured (he has a history), we would be WORSE than even last year.
If DeFo gets injured, we have Solly and Armstead that could step in.

So While I think it is close for Q and Bosa in terms of skill at their position. The truth of the matter is that Q would be a pick at a position of depth and Bosa is a pick at a position without depth. Go with Bosa.

Someone is smart

This is a tough one, but I think I have decided. I trust Willie McGinest's assessment. He doesn't rate Bosa highly at all, at least definitely not a top 3 defensive player. And on the contrary, he rates Q extremely highly and believes the 9ers should draft him.

But, the only thing I would say different is EDGE is the bigger need. So, if it was up to me, I would trade down to take a lesser EDGE such as Sweat, Ferrell, etc and Metcalf.

Since I started the thread and tried to confine the choices to 2 namely only Bosa or Q to simplify things, I will say this, in the event we don't or can't trade down, I will have to take Q.

The thing about that is Bosa he's the perfect defensive lineman for us. We got a wide 9 speed rusher in Ford what we need is a power edge who can play big leo/ strongside nickel. The other ends are nice prospects but I don't think they bring as much pop as Bosa would. You also end up in the scenario where you'd be waiting for the one who falls and in that scenario you typically get burned.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Not hoping he played much better as a interior DT last yr...you saw Buckner take it to the next level next to Thomas.

You have wayyy too much going on for me in your draft day trade plans for me to call it realistic. I get it, it's fun to think about options an such.

Lol

Trade down
Trade Thomas

All i got going on.
Share 49ersWebzone