LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Bosa Or Q?

Bosa Or Q?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
With 5 more weeks to go to the draft, it almost feels like this year's draft is much more heated and contested than any draft in recent years.

So, let's get to the point, 2 choices only, Bosa or Q, who do you want? Let's find out once and for all!!
1) Bosa
2) Trade down (within top 5 or 6 only)
3) Q
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
1) Bosa
2) Trade down (within top 5 or 6 only)
3) Q

1) Trade down (within top 5 or 6 only)
2) Q
3) Allen
4) Bosa
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
1. Bosa
2. Allen
3. Williams
Still not sure. If we sign Houson or Anzah shortly after, I'd do QW all day.
Happy with either, but if it's up to me I take Bosa.
Damned close!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Q...best player in the draft.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I thought there was ZERO chance id be saying this but now that we got Ford i think id rather Q than Bosa.

Dont get me wrong, i know we still need another edge guy. But reality is pressure up the middle causes more havoc then outside pressure. Having him and DeFo together would be nasty. While still having Ford outside.

Then draft a pass rush guy that is guaranteed to be one on one damn near every play.

Keeping with last years Jets/COLTS trade where colts got 3 2nds to move back from 3rd to 6th so jets can get a QB.

My perfect world trade #2 to oak for #4, #35,#141 and a 2020 2nd. They draft Bosa, Jets draft Allen. Leaving Q. While using #35 on a guy like Winovich.

That trade essentially means for the #2 pick. we get Q, Dee Ford, Winovich plus whatever we draft at 141 instead of just Bosa
[ Edited by krizay on Mar 21, 2019 at 4:08 AM ]
1a Bosa
1b Q
2 Trade to 4
3 Allen

• crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Q...best player in the draft.

This...and sign Houston.
I want Q.

The thing I haven't really seen addressed with regard to Bosa is what is his role now that we have Dee? Does Bosa come in on sub packages as the Big End opposite Ford? Do we start Bosa at Leo and move Dee to SAM (in which case why did we pay Dee)?

Q seems to fit right in as a three down player right off the bat. Crush the middle with Dee coming off the edge.
I tend to think of this in terms of injuries. If Dee Ford gets injured (he has a history), we would be WORSE than even last year.
If DeFo gets injured, we have Solly and Armstead that could step in.

So While I think it is close for Q and Bosa in terms of skill at their position. The truth of the matter is that Q would be a pick at a position of depth and Bosa is a pick at a position without depth. Go with Bosa.
Phoenix seeing Q winning the poll.

Edit: oh, and it's working on me too.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Mar 21, 2019 at 5:55 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
I thought there was ZERO chance id be saying this but now that we got Ford i think id rather Q than Bosa.

Dont get me wrong, i know we still need another edge guy. But reality is pressure up the middle causes more havoc then outside pressure. Having him and DeFo together would be nasty. While still having Ford outside.

Then draft a pass rush guy that is guaranteed to be one on one damn near every play.

Keeping with last years Jets/COLTS trade where colts got 3 2nds to move back from 3rd to 6th so jets can get a QB.

My perfect world trade #2 to oak for #4, #35,#141 and a 2020 2nd. They draft Bosa, Jets draft Allen. Leaving Q. While using #35 on a guy like Winovich.

That trade essentially means for the #2 pick. we get Q, Dee Ford, Winovich plus whatever we draft at 141 instead of just Bosa

Dude for real? we already get pressure up the middle and I expect that to get even better now that they plan to put Thomas at his natural position. They have nothing outside of Ford, who's play one full season as a starter and has back issues.

Oakland isn't moving up for a DE. Not in this draft...teams don't throw that amount of draft capital at a defensive player. just doesn't happen. ALSO what happens if the Jet's draft Q and not Allen?? If pressure up the middle is so much more important they will take Q.

You're also hoping a suitable edge rusher will be there at 35 you have no clue. Also by investing into YET another DT you're pushing down needs at other positions. Say by to drafting a better WR or S because you still need to get an edge rusher.
Share 49ersWebzone