There are 204 users in the forums

Kyler Murray, QB OU

Originally posted by mayo49:
Kyler is not a sure thing to play football. He's signed with the A's to play ball and the A's aren't going to be happy if he decides to play football, too.

Who cares...it's happened a lot. Murray would make a s**t ton of more money faster in football as a 1st rd pick (and would actually play) vs him having to work thru the minor leagues for like 3-5 yrs and maybe cracking a lineup. He's not mike trout
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by okdkid:
I understand the interest in the dramatics of trading Rosen and taking Murray at #1. Keim is going to get fired if they don't win in 2019.

Remove your Bosa bias for a moment and consider, in those circumstances, what Keim would do -- in reality.

In reality who makes that team better faster? Murray under Kliff or Rosen? Murray imo would mask some of those OL and skilled player issues because he's not a statue and can create plays.

Who puts butts in those seats a kid who just won the heisman had 5,500 total yards and 52 TDs or Rosen?

Shoot Murray and a top 10 pick...is that really crazy for them to think about?

That doesn't matter. We are talking about human beings making decisions here. Keim has ONE YEAR to win or he's out.
I understand the interest in the dramatics of trading Rosen and taking Murray at #1. Keim is going to get fired if they don't win in 2019.

Remove your Bosa bias for a moment and consider, in those circumstances, what Keim would do -- in reality.

In reality who makes that team better faster? Murray under Kliff or Rosen? Murray imo would mask some of those OL and skilled player issues because he's not a statue and can create plays.

Who puts butts in those seats a kid who just won the heisman had 5,500 total yards and 52 TDs or Rosen?

Shoot Murray and a top 10 pick...is that really crazy for them to think about?

Denver passed on Rosen last year I don't know if they would be willing to give up a top 10 pick for him. But they probably didn't think Chubb would be available at their pick sooo I don't know will be interesting
Kyler is not a sure thing to play football. He's signed with the A's to play ball and the A's aren't going to be happy if he decides to play football, too.

Who cares...it's happened a lot. Murray would make a s**t ton of more money faster in football as a 1st rd pick (and would actually play) vs him having to work thru the minor leagues for like 3-5 yrs and maybe cracking a lineup. He's not mike trout

I'm still waiting for Russell Wilson to quit and go play for the Rangers.
Even if you convince yourself he is the #1 QB in this draft -- you have to remember that the allure of a guaranteed baseball contract will hang over the team's head throughout Kyler's 20s.

That alone should knock him down a few pegs -- regardless of his on-field ability. Is he going to jump ship the second you switch to a new OC or scheme? He has an out unlike any other player.

$4.8 million guaranteed (what he got from the s**tty A's) isn't gonna matter one bit...lamar Jackson the last pick in the draft got that same amount of guaranteed money at pick 32. Baker the #1 pick got $32 million guaranteed.

Without question he would make more money faster playing football...dude wouldn't see any really money playing baseball for like 5+ yrs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

That's just the football argument. He can make a nice living playing baseball, too.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Denver passed on Rosen last year I don't know if they would be willing to give up a top 10 pick for him. But they probably didn't think Chubb would be available at their pick sooo I don't know will be interesting

They invested in Keemun prior...it's also about this draft. Rosen imo is a top 5 pick in the 2019 draft. They have a new coach and OC. Who they taking at 10...drew Lock?
That's just the football argument. He can make a nice living playing baseball, too.

The reason baseball players make so much money is because there's a million baseball prospects from all around the world. They have to go through minor leagues an that can take yrs and yrs...then they don't make top baseball money until they play at a high level in the pros for a couple yrs.

The road to making top money most quickly without a doubt is through the NFL.

They invested in Keemun prior...it's also about this draft. Rosen imo is a top 5 pick in the 2019 draft. They have a new coach and OC. Who they taking at 10...drew Lock?

Oh I live in Denver and as soon as I heard the rumor of Rosen maybe on the block I said it would be a great move to go get him to all the Bronco fans. He absolutely would be far and away the top QB in this draft class. Hell I had him as the top QB in last years draft.

The reason baseball players make so much money is because there's a million baseball prospects from all around the world. They have to go through minor leagues an that can take yrs and yrs...then they don't make top baseball money until they play at a high level in the pros for a couple yrs.

It comes down to what sport Murray is most passionate about. If he loves football more than baseball then that's he answer.

Keim is a foot and a half out the door in AZ. If Rosen has a poor season with Kliff's scheme who's getting fired 1st the GM on the hot seat or the new HC? Let's not act like they gave up a future or high picks for Rosen either.

As of now though Keim is calling the shots. His job is attached to Rosen, he brought KK in to develop Rosen the notion that a day later someone declares and that changes is a bit absurd. They spent a top 5 pick on him. In this league that's you bet your job on him.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 10, 2019 at 8:25 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Agree, much longer to make top money in baseball but, the contracts are guaranteed when you get one.
Agree, much longer to make top money in baseball but, the contracts are guaranteed when you get one.

If you get one
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

If you get one

Yep.

He'd trade down and try to surround Rosen with as many weapons as he can IMO.

If they hire an offensive minded HC, don't take a QB again and they don't see a huge improvement in Rosen and the offense that year it may not matter how many games they win.
Share 49ersWebzone