LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Kyler Murray, QB OU

Originally posted by NYniner85:
He most certainly can...and if it's all about building around Rosen they should come out and say that so we can move onto the next story.

According to reports the 1st question Arz asked it's coaching candidates was how can you develop Rosen and how quickly can you do it. I find it hard to believe they settled on get him out of town.

But this is one we should know quickly.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He most certainly can...and if it's all about building around Rosen they should come out and say that so we can move onto the next story.

According to reports the 1st question Arz asked it's coaching candidates was how can you develop Rosen and how quickly can you do it. I find it hard to believe they settled on get him out of town.

Yeah, I don't think they give up on Rosen after one season.
DO IT!!!

Kid is the next Baker Mayfield.

Whether I believe that or not I need someone else to believe that. If it's Arizona that's even better.

Hope Haskins and Murray BALL out before the draft and Bosa is there at #2 or a ridiculous trade down bounty we cannot say no to.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The Cardinals aren't taking Murray but they will take a huge trade from a team that wants Murray.

Things change quickly in the NFL and at that pt they didn't know about Murray either (being available)...but yes if they plan going forward is to develop Rosen into a air raid spread offense QB then they should come out and say it lol.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 10, 2019 at 7:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
The Cardinals aren't taking Murray but they will take a huge trade from a team that wants Murray.

The only HC that would use him properly (air raid spread offense) would be Kliff IMO. I can't see any QB needy teams valuing him as high. BUT I hope they do
Things change quickly in the NFL and at that pt they didn't know about Murray either (being available)...but yes if they plan going forward is to develop Rosen into a air raid spread offense QB then they should come out and say it lol.

I'd see your guys point more if Arz had a new GM. Keim selected Rosen, Keim hired Kliff. Odds are he's not going to his owner whoopsies on that pick last year we need to do this again.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

The only HC that would use him properly (air raid spread offense) would be Kliff IMO. I can't see any QB needy teams valuing him as high. BUT I hope they do

Darrell Bevell & Todd Monken are candidates for Jacksonville's open OC spot. Both would be ale to use him effectively.

I'd see your guys point more if Arz had a new GM. Keim selected Rosen, Keim hired Kliff. Odds are he's not going to his owner whoopsies on that pick last year we need to do this again.

Keim is a foot and a half out the door in AZ. If Rosen has a poor season with Kliff's scheme who's getting fired 1st the GM on the hot seat or the new HC? Let's not act like they gave up a future or high picks for Rosen either.

Darrell Bevell & Todd Monken are candidates for Jacksonville's open OC spot. Both would be ale to use him effectively.

And end of the day it's Coughlin making the call on the QB and I do not see that as a viable option...but who knows
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I understand the interest in the dramatics of trading Rosen and taking Murray at #1. Keim is going to get fired if they don't win in 2019.

Remove your Bosa bias for a moment and consider, in those circumstances, what Keim would do -- in reality.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kyler is not a sure thing to play football. He's signed with the A's to play ball and the A's aren't going to be happy if he decides to play football, too.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Even if you convince yourself he is the #1 QB in this draft -- you have to remember that the allure of a guaranteed baseball contract will hang over the team's head throughout Kyler's 20s.

That alone should knock him down a few pegs -- regardless of his on-field ability. Is he going to jump ship the second you switch to a new OC or scheme? He has an out unlike any other player.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I understand the interest in the dramatics of trading Rosen and taking Murray at #1. Keim is going to get fired if they don't win in 2019.

Remove your Bosa bias for a moment and consider, in those circumstances, what Keim would do -- in reality.

In reality who makes that team better faster? Murray under Kliff or Rosen? Murray imo would mask some of those OL and skilled player issues because he's not a statue and can create plays.

Who puts butts in those seats a kid who just won the heisman had 5,500 total yards and 52 TDs or Rosen?

Shoot Murray and a top 10 pick...is that really crazy for them to think about?
Share 49ersWebzone