There are 259 users in the forums

Kyler Murray, QB OU

I know Kyler can make more money quickly but he would probably have a longer career in baseball and make more money in the long run. Remember all the money in baseball is guaranteed. Not all the money in football is guaranteed. With his size I'm not sure how long he would last in the NFL. I know he threw well against Alabama but that was late after they had a big lead and Clemson showed how weak Bama's defensive backfield was. I wish Arizona would draft him so we could get Bosa or whatever edge guy we decide on.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Oh I live in Denver and as soon as I heard the rumor of Rosen maybe on the block I said it would be a great move to go get him to all the Bronco fans. He absolutely would be far and away the top QB in this draft class. Hell I had him as the top QB in last years draft.

Yup, he was my favorite QB but I think he does need a proper scheme to take it to the next level.

My brother lives in Denver was just out there a couple months ago....love it!

Those bird scooters are dangerous as s**t though, I crash pretty hard on one lol.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
As of now though Keim is calling the shots. His job is attached to Rosen, he brought KK in to develop Rosen the notion that a day later someone declares and that changes is a bit absurd. They spent a top 5 pick on him. In this league that's you bet your job on him.

He's attached to Rosen until he trades him and then he's attached to Murray they moved up to the 10th overall pick and gave up some mid tier picks in 2018....not top 5.

They also reportedly had Allen as their #1 QB not Rosen.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2018/05/02/arizona-cardinals-nfl-draft-quarterback-josh-allen-josh-rosen-z/574999002/
Originally posted by mayo49:
Agree, much longer to make top money in baseball but, the contracts are guaranteed when you get one.

you should say "if" not when...you got thousands of baseball players playing minor league ball for yrs before they even sniff the big leagues and it's even slimmer they get a massive contract after that.

His rookie contract is mostly guaranteed, Baker just got $32 million. It's one thing if he played safety and was looked at as a mid rd prospect. He's a Heisman winner who plays the most important position in sports and some say is worth a 1st (possibly the 1st overall). Dude would make even more just in endorsements as a NFL QB.

It's a no-brainer if he really likes playing football.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Agree, much longer to make top money in baseball but, the contracts are guaranteed when you get one.

you should say "if" not when...you got thousands of baseball players playing minor league ball for yrs before they even sniff the big leagues and it's even slimmer they get a massive contract after that.

His rookie contract is mostly guaranteed, Baker just got $32 million. It's one thing if he played safety and was looked at as a mid rd prospect. He's a Heisman winner who plays the most important position in sports and some say is worth a 1st (possibly the 1st overall). Dude would make even more just in endorsements as a NFL QB.

Sorry, if you get one - just wondering how long he'll last in the league with that small ass frame he's got. He's got to be what 5'8ish?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
As of now though Keim is calling the shots. His job is attached to Rosen, he brought KK in to develop Rosen the notion that a day later someone declares and that changes is a bit absurd. They spent a top 5 pick on him. In this league that's you bet your job on him.

Rosen went 10th overall, although they did trade up to get him.

IMO he knows he will get drafted high and make decent money. He will either suceed or be out of the league in three years. Right back to baseball and still young.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Oh I live in Denver and as soon as I heard the rumor of Rosen maybe on the block I said it would be a great move to go get him to all the Bronco fans. He absolutely would be far and away the top QB in this draft class. Hell I had him as the top QB in last years draft.

Yup, he was my favorite QB but I think he does need a proper scheme to take it to the next level.

My brother lives in Denver was just out there a couple months ago....love it!

Those bird scooters are dangerous as s**t though, I crash pretty hard on one lol.

i live in santa monica and birds are the greatest things ever to happen haha

But yeah cardinals will have a tough decision on their hands. Kingsburry got a good look at Rosen in 2017 and has his 2018 film, so he should be able to come up with a decision before the draft. Even if they choose to roll with Rosen, i think they could be tempted to collect a good bounty for the #1 overall and Bosa could still fall to us. If not, we will be the ones collecting the big bounty. Murray declaring for the NFL is just great news for us overall

He's attached to Rosen until he trades him and then he's attached to Murray they moved up to the 10th overall pick and gave up some mid tier picks in 2018....not top 5.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2018/05/02/arizona-cardinals-nfl-draft-quarterback-josh-allen-josh-rosen-z/574999002/

i would probably give Rosen another year. I didnt have much confidence in the Arizona staff. I think Rosen could have a big sophmore jump like Goff did. Cards should be looking to trade the #1 overall. They have needs all across the board at O-line, WR, CB, DT.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jan 10, 2019 at 10:10 AM ]

Also in addition to this, Murray is really raw as a baseball prospect. There are only a handful of college baseball players a year that can make the jump to the majors the year they are drafted, and Murray is sure as hell not one of them. So I totally agree that if he chooses MLB, he's got years of honing his skills in the minors. The risk of flaming out is high with any prospect, and especially so with someone like him.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I understand the interest in the dramatics of trading Rosen and taking Murray at #1. Keim is going to get fired if they don't win in 2019.

Remove your Bosa bias for a moment and consider, in those circumstances, what Keim would do -- in reality.

I think it's extremely, extremely unlikely he goes #1 overall (though we haven't had the Combine yet).

The fact that there's people thinking there's "no chance" he goes 1st round is laughable though.
I am praying that he is 5'10".

Cardinals need to draft this guy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I am praying that he is 5'10".

Cardinals need to draft this guy

#1 overall is too high for him - I'm thinking #10 to #15 range.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 10, 2019 at 10:54 AM ]

If Manning goes #1 and you take Leaf at 2 because he's gone, Leaf is still your boy. It's how it works.

I've seen nothing to suggest that they're unhappy with Rosen outside of quotes from Oct from a guy coaching in college.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 10, 2019 at 10:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone