LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Andy Isabella- UMass WR

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Patriots

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Patriots

I've only known about this guy for a short time, but man are his highlights electric and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects this year. His quick twitch and on field agility reminds me of my all time favorite non-49er Barry Sanders. He also seems tough as nails. Looking forward to his combine.

The Draft Network, who I tend to see as a bit overly critical in their evaluations, actually cites the 49ers and Cheifs passing systems as ones he'd likely excel in. Might be a good insurance policy for Trent Taylors back.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 27, 2018 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I think in Kyle's offense he'd be the X, trouble is we've already got Goodwin & Pettis, sure he could play slot, but Taylor (when healthy) and James are good enough in there.

We really need a Z, Goodwin has not been able to cut it there, I doubt Pettis could, could Isabella? I'd prefer a Riley Ridley.

Got to love a fast White WR though! Love a bit of stereotype breaking!

Can you explain why you don't think Pettis or Isabella couldn't play the Z? Why do you say Goodwin couldn't cut it there... injuries?

Admittedly, I don't think Goodwin is a very good WR. He's fast and Kyle did an excellent job scheming for him. Just curious what you meant by that statement and why Ridley fits the mold better.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I think in Kyle's offense he'd be the X, trouble is we've already got Goodwin & Pettis, sure he could play slot, but Taylor (when healthy) and James are good enough in there.

We really need a Z, Goodwin has not been able to cut it there, I doubt Pettis could, could Isabella? I'd prefer a Riley Ridley.

Got to love a fast White WR though! Love a bit of stereotype breaking!

Can you explain why you don't think Pettis or Isabella couldn't play the Z? Why do you say Goodwin couldn't cut it there... injuries?

Admittedly, I don't think Goodwin is a very good WR. He's fast and Kyle did an excellent job scheming for him. Just curious what you meant by that statement and why Ridley fits the mold better.

Basically Kyle likes his Z WR's more physical (Garcon, Samuel, Bourne) he uses them as blockers in the run game, and takes them across the middle into traffic.

Kyle did say he was happy using Goodwin and Pettis there but I think that's just because he wants them both on the field.

My candidates so far are AJ Brown and Riley Ridley.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by strickac:
He's a different type of receiver than what we have now.

Goodwin is an average WR, with outstanding speed, and average quickness. He doesn't offer much with the ball in his hands. He lacks the explosion you'd like to see from a guy with his speed. Plus he's a concussion factory.

Taylor is the opposite. He's very quick, but not terribly fast.

Isabela has shown that he is an above average WR, with elite speed and quickness, and he is deadly in the open field. He compares more closely to Taylor Gabriel, only with better hands and more polished as a route runner.

Kyle made Goodwin, Taylor and Gabriel look very good. He could make Isabela a star. Lining him up opposite Pettis is going to frustrate secondaries. Give Jimmy a little time and there's no way for defenses to cover these guys, especially with Kittle working the middle and Brieda/McKinnon coming out of the backfield.

This guy is exactly what Kyle needs. Forget about the big body guys. This guy instantly separates. He's too quick to cover and uniquely, he can take it to the house when he catches it.

This. Speed and quickness. In an offense like this, he'd be a nightmare to defend, especially when you have to worry about Pettis juking his guy and Kittle getting open down the field.

If this worked out, then we wouldn't need that big bodied TE anymore...because we would always be scoring from beyond the 20. No more RZ plays? That's tongue in cheek but as PHX noted Pettis has shown signs of getting open in RZ.
I am most excited about this guy on the South squad. Some people only care about size in a WR, but this guy looks like a better version of Trent Taylor. If he were there in the 3rd, yes please!
Originally posted by Karma:
I am most excited about this guy on the South squad. Some people only care about size in a WR, but this guy looks like a better version of Trent Taylor. If he were there in the 3rd, yes please!

He's on the North team. Bummer, I know.
Originally posted by Heroism:

He's on the North team. Bummer, I know.

I should learn how to read....

Still, at least they will be able to scout him up close and probably speak to him more than other prospects not in attendance... I really love or this dude's game.

Still, at least they will be able to scout him up close and probably speak to him more than other prospects not in attendance... I really love or this dude's game.

Don't worry, Kyle will be watching Andy Isabella while the North team practices like this:

Originally posted by Heroism:

Don't worry, Kyle will be watching Andy Isabella while the North team practices like this:

A bigger, better version of Trent Taylor would be a really good player...love to have Isabella.
Won't be hearing the stereotypical "sneaky fast" for a white WR for Andy Isabella. The guy is just fast. And fast as hell!

• okdkid
  • Veteran
So, 4.30?
Originally posted by okdkid:
So, 4.30?

It sure looks like it.
Share 49ersWebzone