LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Andy Isabella- UMass WR

Originally posted by strickac:
He's a different type of receiver than what we have now.

Goodwin is an average WR, with outstanding speed, and average quickness. He doesn't offer much with the ball in his hands. He lacks the explosion you'd like to see from a guy with his speed. Plus he's a concussion factory.

Taylor is the opposite. He's very quick, but not terribly fast.

Isabela has shown that he is an above average WR, with elite speed and quickness, and he is deadly in the open field. He compares more closely to Taylor Gabriel, only with better hands and more polished as a route runner.

Kyle made Goodwin, Taylor and Gabriel look very good. He could make Isabela a star. Lining him up opposite Pettis is going to frustrate secondaries. Give Jimmy a little time and there's no way for defenses to cover these guys, especially with Kittle working the middle and Brieda/McKinnon coming out of the backfield.

This guy is exactly what Kyle needs. Forget about the big body guys. This guy instantly separates. He's too quick to cover and uniquely, he can take it to the house when he catches it.

This. Speed and quickness. In an offense like this, he'd be a nightmare to defend, especially when you have to worry about Pettis juking his guy and Kittle getting open down the field.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Would make sense if we didn't have Taylor and James already

Makes sense eitherway. Isabella is a different kind of threat, a lot more explosive and more complete as a route runner than either of those two guys.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Makes sense eitherway. Isabella is a different kind of threat, a lot more explosive and more complete as a route runner than either of those two guys.

Isabella is like a fusion of Taylor and James with a stockier build and more speed.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Isabella is like a fusion of Taylor and James with a stockier build and more speed.

We must have.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This. He has more of a RB kind of body. He could be the ultimate slot weapon in this offense.
This. He has more of a RB kind of body. He could be the ultimate slot weapon in this offense.

I think Kyle would use him primarily outside. He's the best in the league at protecting his midget WRs with alignments, formations, and motions. That speed presents a giant problem for defenses on jets and ghost motions. You better stay honest on the backside or this happens.

And Andy Isabella on Kyle's signature Yankee plays.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 27, 2018 at 9:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think Kyle would use him primarily outside. He's the best in the league at protecting his midget WRs with alignments, formations, and motions. That speed presents a giant problem for defenses on jets and ghost motions. You better stay honest on the backside or this happens.

And Andy Isabella on Kyle's signature Yankee plays.

I think if you put him out there with Pettis and Goodwin, Kittle at TE and McKinnon at RB, that could be pretty nightmarish for defenses to deal with. Someone is going to be open and odds are that it will be way down the field.
Kyle's offense was never better than when he had Taylor Gabriel in 2016. He was viewed more of a complimentary piece, but added explosion (and points) to that offense. Gabriel made Matt Ryan's job much easier with the quick-hit plays, WR screens to TG. Even in limited action that year, he tied for the team lead in receiving TDs (6).

Isabella looks very similar with the ball in his hands. He has similar YAC ability, change of direction, better hands, and a far superior college resume (experience).

It'll be interesting to see where he's drafted. If viewed purely as a slot WR, which many will, he's probably in the 3-5 range. The 2nd round isn't out of the question though. One on one, you're not going to cover him.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 27, 2018 at 10:02 AM ]
Kyle Shanahan: "We put a premium on the ability to separate."

I need to make a Kyle meme with hearts for eyes.

I like taylor and james but this guy would be an upgrade

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I like taylor and james but this guy would be an upgrade

Kyle's motto.

I think in Kyle's offense he'd be the X, trouble is we've already got Goodwin & Pettis, sure he could play slot, but Taylor (when healthy) and James are good enough in there.

We really need a Z, Goodwin has not been able to cut it there, I doubt Pettis could, could Isabella? I'd prefer a Riley Ridley.

Got to love a fast White WR though! Love a bit of stereotype breaking!
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Dec 27, 2018 at 4:41 PM ]
Patriots
49ers
Share 49ersWebzone