LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 379 users in the forums

Andy Isabella- UMass WR

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by okdkid:

Was just gonna post this

Hopefully he lasts until our 4th. Imagine Goodwin, Pettis, Kittle and this dude. Everyone on the team able to take it the distance.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Hopefully he lasts until our 4th. Imagine Goodwin, Pettis, Kittle and this dude. Everyone on the team able to take it the distance.

I don't think he'll last that long. He dropped some passes, he also juked some CBs out of their cleats today. Route running is on point.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I don't think he'll last that long. He dropped some passes, he also juked some CBs out of their cleats today. Route running is on point.

I know.

I know.

Nothing the jugs machine can't fix, I'd much rather take someone with route running and ridiculous speed.

I'm sold, I no longer care about wanting more of a Z WR, just bring on the talent and Kyle will sort it out.
I might be alone but I wasn't impressed at all with his practice today. Way too much unnecessary "footwork" or dancing in my opinion
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I might be alone but I wasn't impressed at all with his practice today. Way too much unnecessary "footwork" or dancing in my opinion

Idk if you wrote this in the deebo thread, but AGREED 100%, seemed as if his getoffs did not have a purpose at times.
Originally posted by Dman11:

Idk if you wrote this in the deebo thread, but AGREED 100%, seemed as if his getoffs did not have a purpose at times.

Yep that was me. On one or two of them the QB would already be under duress or got rid of the ball before he even left the line of scrimmage lol

He's also a body catcher

The talent is obvious, extra steps are an easily coachable thing but his physical ability is undeniable. Isabella has the tools to win one on one easily and when you have a guy that can sell an out route, yet run a slant or vice versa and is so fast the defender has no chance to defend it? That's the definition of a great offensive weapon.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's also a body catcher

He was winning at the catch point in the highlights I saw. Plus if you're creating 2-3 yards in separation because of your speed and route running it's not a huge issue. But ultimately, you're right, body catching might be a problem with this guy, he does it a lot.
[ Edited by Dman11 on Jan 25, 2019 at 10:40 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Draft the guy if the coaching staff is planning to re-invent the Redskins' Smurflings !!!

We already have this type of WR in James and Taylor...
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

I know.

Nothing the jugs machine can't fix, I'd much rather take someone with route running and ridiculous speed.

I'm sold, I no longer care about wanting more of a Z WR, just bring on the talent and Kyle will sort it out.

This guy is one of my favorites of this draft. I would be so happy seeing him in a Niners uniform. Dudes going to be deadly in the NFL.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Draft the guy if the coaching staff is planning to re-invent the Redskins' Smurflings !!!

We already have this type of WR in James and Taylor...

Uh, no we don't, maybe if you said a combination of James, Taylor AND Goodwin
Will be interesting to see Deebo, Renfro and Isabella at the combine. Seems like there is quite a group of smaller receivers this year
Share 49ersWebzone