There are 100 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Lol so am I to understand this guy would not be good in Kyles offense?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
Bad 3 cone? Kyle does not want. I've been watching some of the routes required in this offense and there are a bunch of little pivots and turns and double moves that require body control and explosion in and out of breaks.


Things that change direction more quickly than Metcalf:






lol
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,175
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Correct me if in wrong rascal, but you MUST be the Leonard Fournette guy.

I can say, with absolute confidence, that shanny doesnt look at prospects and say "nope, not skinny enough." I cant say with confidence that you dont look at prospects and say "sucks ass, but 6'4". Checks all of my boxes!"


That's exactly what I said which is the downfall of Shanahan by only limiting himself to shiftier players. He pulls the same stunt on O-linemen too which is why we have ended up with smaller WRs and O-linemen. And what is the end result? WRs that can't take the hits and end up getting injured frequently. And an O-line that can't punch through to the end zone at the goal line. If I were you, I would refrain from your smart as* comments, many people here are still pis*ed about losing Trent Brown. LOL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,175
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Lol so am I to understand this guy would not be good in Kyles offense?


Apparently Metcalf is supposed to be a scrub. And yet the guy is mocked to go at 9 to the Bills. LOL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,175
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude you said to me 6-3 and more...False on the big WR can handle more hits. Julio is banged up all the damn time/Jeffery is hurt all the time. Physics also show there's more person there to be hit than a small shifty guy.

I mean DK has been injured most of his college career


Go and scroll back. You just want to argue right? Is just so you. LOL.

Dude, Goodwin only played 11 games and couldn't even break 400 yards for the season.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Lol so am I to understand this guy would not be good in Kyles offense?


Apparently Metcalf is supposed to be a scrub. And yet the guy is mocked to go at 9 to the Bills. LOL.

Lol exactly. I'm not saying his agility isn't lacking, but I call it over analyzing. He has serious potential.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by thl408:
Such a bold statement I had to bold the statement.
Feel free to do so, I stand by my statement.

You should stand by it. It's pretty obvious adding Julio Jones to any team would improve their passing offense dramatically in no time.

Lol. Right? That's like saying, "if you add deion sanders in his prime I guarantee our CB group improves dramatically"
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,175
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
Bad 3 cone? Kyle does not want. I've been watching some of the routes required in this offense and there are a bunch of little pivots and turns and double moves that require body control and explosion in and out of breaks.


Things that change direction more quickly than Metcalf:







Wow, the bias is thick!!

So, the guy runs a 4.33, then you hammer him for not being able to change direction with a cruise ship? LOL.

Hey, even a 4 year old could use a better picture.

At least be fair and use a picture that connotes straight line speed.

Let me sort you out here:

Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Correct me if in wrong rascal, but you MUST be the Leonard Fournette guy.

I can say, with absolute confidence, that shanny doesnt look at prospects and say "nope, not skinny enough." I cant say with confidence that you dont look at prospects and say "sucks ass, but 6'4". Checks all of my boxes!"


That's exactly what I said which is the downfall of Shanahan by only limiting himself to shiftier players. He pulls the same stunt on O-linemen too which is why we have ended up with smaller WRs and O-linemen. And what is the end result? WRs that can't take the hits and end up getting injured frequently. And an O-line that can't punch through to the end zone at the goal line. If I were you, I would refrain from your smart as* comments, many people here are still pis*ed about losing Trent Brown. LOL.

Go look at the O-line Mike Shanahan had with us in 94 and when he won 2 SB's with the Broncos, they were all considered, "undersized".

What everyone is arguing with you about is that you're arguing we spend high draft capital bass off height, weight and the underwear Olympics. If Metcalf is soooooodominant, why didnt he have much production in college? With his size and speed advantage you keep spouting he should've been getting 200 yards a game.

If he cant dominate at the college level what makes you think he will in the NFL?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,175
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Lol so am I to understand this guy would not be good in Kyles offense?


Apparently Metcalf is supposed to be a scrub. And yet the guy is mocked to go at 9 to the Bills. LOL.

Lol exactly. I'm not saying his agility isn't lacking, but I call it over analyzing. He has serious potential.


Sure, may be he is less shifty, but is like they have given him the death sentence for it. LOL.

The dude is widely regarded as the best WR in the draft (especially after the combine), he is going to be the first WR off the board whether they like it or not.

People are over blowing the agility drills. A lot of the geat "bigger" receivers didn't do those drills because they knew they would not do well. I'll give credit to Metcalf for at least trying, even if it hurt more than help.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
People are over blowing the agility drills. A lot of the geat "bigger" receivers didn't do those drills because they knew they would not do well. I'll give credit to Metcalf for at least trying, even if it hurt more than help.



The problem is when people start comparing him to Julio Jones---who did do the agility drills and did damn well.


Or receivers who didn't basically miss 2 of 3 college seasons with injury, who were clearly and unquestionably the #1 WRs on their teams.


Nobody is saying that Metcalf is a poor player but people are lying to themselves if they don't accept that there is a significant amount of risk that comes with him due to the injury issues, questions about his lateral movement and how raw he is overall.



He's best suited for a certain type of offense. That offense is not the one Shanahan runs.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,175
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Go look at the O-line Mike Shanahan had with us in 94 and when he won 2 SB's with the Broncos, they were all considered, "undersized".

What everyone is arguing with you about is that you're arguing we spend high draft capital bass off height, weight and the underwear Olympics. If Metcalf is soooooodominant, why didnt he have much production in college? With his size and speed advantage you keep spouting he should've been getting 200 yards a game.

If he cant dominate at the college level what makes you think he will in the NFL?

LOL.

Dude, why argue with me?

I didn't mock him to go at 9. Go and complain to Daniel Jeremiah. He is the expert, not me and not you neither. I just happen to like his physicals, but don't penalize me for it.

Whether you like it or not, Metcalf most likely will be the first WR off the board.

And people like NY even admits he has him as a top 10 player and his No.1 WR in the draft although he argues about his change of direction issue.

So, how is it I am so far off?? LOL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,175
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
People are over blowing the agility drills. A lot of the geat "bigger" receivers didn't do those drills because they knew they would not do well. I'll give credit to Metcalf for at least trying, even if it hurt more than help.


The problem is when people start comparing him to Julio Jones---who did do the agility drills and did damn well.

Or receivers who didn't basically miss 2 of 3 college seasons with injury, who were clearly and unquestionably the #1 WRs on their teams.

Nobody is saying that Metcalf is a poor player but people are lying to themselves if they don't accept that there is a significant amount of risk that comes with him due to the injury issues, questions about his lateral movement and how raw he is overall.

He's best suited for a certain type of offense. That offense is not the one Shanahan runs.


Nobody is saying he is the shiftiest WR in the draft. Like any prospect, he has his strengths and weaknesses.

To say he is not suited to Shanahan's offense is simply inaccurate.

You don't think Shanny would like to scheme more deep routes to get Jimmy G to throw more downfield to mix things up a bit more with his crossing routes??

Of course he does, but you have to give Jimmy G the right weapon to make it happen.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Go look at the O-line Mike Shanahan had with us in 94 and when he won 2 SB's with the Broncos, they were all considered, "undersized".

What everyone is arguing with you about is that you're arguing we spend high draft capital bass off height, weight and the underwear Olympics. If Metcalf is soooooodominant, why didnt he have much production in college? With his size and speed advantage you keep spouting he should've been getting 200 yards a game.

If he cant dominate at the college level what makes you think he will in the NFL?

Injuries stopped him. He was averaging 14 yards a target before that. Most likely going to have a 1k yard 10 td season and that's while sharing the load with Brown.
Share 49erswebzone