There are 205 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Y'all need to accept DK Metcalf as the one true WR1 who will be the first WR drafted.

No chance we take him at 2. (He's my dark horse but I'd place that at about 2%)

In a trade down to 7? I think it's far more possible. Also let see what we do in FA.

Does anyone think this guy wil not be able to run routes???

I recall the same knocks on Megatron. I have a feeling Kyle would know what to do with him....

Problem is there are stories the Cards are shopping Rosen right? If that is true, then the Murray thing could be real and Bosa would fall to us.

Yes and I'd take Bosa over DK in a heartbeat, but I don't believe those stories. I won't belive jack s**t until Bosa ISNT their pick lol
Yes and I'd take Bosa over DK in a heartbeat, but I don't believe those stories. I won't belive jack s**t until Bosa ISNT their pick lol

Same. If it's too good to be true, that's because it is. But if the Cardinals are trying to get a qb needy team to trade up to one, we can still get Bosa if we want.
Y'all need to accept DK Metcalf as the one true WR1 who will be the first WR drafted.

No chance we take him at 2. (He's my dark horse but I'd place that at about 2%)

In a trade down to 7? I think it's far more possible. Also let see what we do in FA.

Does anyone think this guy wil not be able to run routes???

I recall the same knocks on Megatron. I have a feeling Kyle would know what to do with him....

I don't think he will be able to run a full route tree well...doesn't mean he won't be good. Mike Evans is pretty damn good.

Johnson was a good route-runner and had top numbers across the board. DK didn't just do poorly in agility drills he straight up failed them, I'm talking 2nd percentile. That's a little alarming and if you loook at past WRs kyle has went for they've been high in those agility drills.

Like Phoenix said he's better suited for a run and chuck type scheme like bruce Arians runs or in Pitt.

If SF can take care of edge in FA and Bosa is gone you gotta have him as a option in a trade down (that's just my thinking)....I'm saying don't hold your breath on shanny doing it though.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 8, 2019 at 5:44 AM ]
I'd be far more comfortable with Deebo in the 2nd than Metcalf in the 1st. Throw the body fat stuff out. I highly doubt his 1.6% anywhere close to being accurate and even if it were it has nothing to do with football.

Let another team reach for him. Buffalo sounds likes popular destination in mocks. As long as he pushes another player down to us I'm happy.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
I'd be far more comfortable with Deebo in the 2nd than Metcalf in the 1st. Throw the body fat stuff out. I highly doubt his 1.6% anywhere close to being accurate and even if it were it has nothing to do with football.

Let another team reach for him. Buffalo sounds likes popular destination in mocks. As long as he pushes another player down to us I'm happy.

Nobody (at least here) is talking about Metcalf's 1.6% body fat. Instead people are talking about his 4.33 40, his 27 reps of 225 lbs bench press, his 40 1/2" vertical, his 9 7/8" hands and his 6'3" 228 lbs frame.

It doesn't matter, he won't be there in the 2nd round anyway. He is the No.1 WR prospect in the draft and will be taken in the 1st. Shanahan will probably pick a guy like Deebo Samuel. While Deebo is not "small" per se, personally I would prefer a taller and bigger receiver who can high-point the ball to win jump balls and be a legit red zone weapon. It is all about complimentary football, we already have smaller shiftier guys like Goodwin and Pettis, what we don't have is a big outside receiver who demands double-teaming and can outmuscle DBs. We need to mix and match to be successful.
He's a top 15 pick right?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Currently mocked by Jeremiah to go at 9 to the Bills.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Currently mocked by Jeremiah to go at 9 to the Bills.

Thx
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I know I am double-posting this clip from another thread. But, I think it is quite interesting to hear what Chris Simms has to say about Metcalf:

I know I am double-posting this clip from another thread. But, I think it is quite interesting to hear what Chris Simms has to say about Metcalf:

I think he's a legit target if we trade down. Him on outside and streaking deep with Pettis and Taylor inside (Kittle too lol) + rb's etc. Kyle can make that work lol
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Mar 14, 2019 at 4:11 AM ]

• Rascal
  • Veteran

I think he's a legit target if we trade down. Him on outside and streaking deep with Pettis and Taylor inside (Kittle too lol) + rb's etc. Kyle can make that work lol

The most interesting part about his analysis was he pointed out Megatron totally left out the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle because of course he knew he wasn't going to be very good at it. Even Julio while was OK with the 3 cone, his 20 yard shuttle was pretty bad too.

Here is what I really think, people need to chill out about those 2 drills. To say he doesn't fit Shanny's system is really total BS. I have made this point before, to say Metcalf doesn't fit Shanny's system is like saying Kyle Shanahan is incapable and will never scheme for deep routes. This is how ridiculous it sounds.

Listen, if Bosa is not there at 2 or if they think Bosa may not be worth that 2 pick and decide to trade down, by God then DK Metcalf simply has to be a consideration.

Sometimes you just need to grow some balls and take a swing!!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
Bad 3 cone? Kyle does not want. I've been watching some of the routes required in this offense and there are a bunch of little pivots and turns and double moves that require body control and explosion in and out of breaks.

Things that change direction more quickly than Metcalf:

lol

Good visual aid
Im coming round to him in a trade down but he's another who seems a bit injury prone.
The most interesting part about his analysis was he pointed out Megatron totally left out the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle because of course he knew he wasn't going to be very good at it. Even Julio while was OK with the 3 cone, his 20 yard shuttle was pretty bad too.

Here is what I really think, people need to chill out about those 2 drills. To say he doesn't fit Shanny's system is really total BS. I have made this point before, to say Metcalf doesn't fit Shanny's system is like saying Kyle Shanahan is incapable and will never scheme for deep routes. This is how ridiculous it sounds.

Listen, if Bosa is not there at 2 or if they think Bosa may not be worth that 2 pick and decide to trade down, by God then DK Metcalf simply has to be a consideration.

Sometimes you just need to grow some balls and take a swing!!

Yes. Like any draft pick it's a risk. He could be megatron or he could be Ted Ginn lol
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
Bad 3 cone? Kyle does not want. I've been watching some of the routes required in this offense and there are a bunch of little pivots and turns and double moves that require body control and explosion in and out of breaks.

Things that change direction more quickly than Metcalf:

lol

Good visual aid

No, is not. The guy runs a 4.33 and you call using a cruise ship a good visual aid? What a joke!!

At least be fair, use a visual that connotes straight line speed.

Share 49ersWebzone