There are 94 users in the forums

Noah Fant-TE-Iowa

Top TE in the country, just so happens to be from Iowa like Kittle and Beathard. The 49ers need another redzone threat, Fant would definitely be a fit with his size, athleticism and receiving ability. Not a polished blocker but a tremendous weapon as a receiver. Has good speed, outstanding quickness, decent route runner with great hands. He's a projected late 1st rounder-early 2nd rounder, could move up quite a bit depending on how he does this season.

IOWA CITY, Ia. — Noah Fant is not a passenger on his own hype train.
"My dad. My brother. All of them are on Twitter. That's their job," Iowa's junior tight end said. "I kind of keep those lives separate. As a parent should be, they're proud. They're excited, all that stuff. But my job is to play football. My job is to focus on what I can improve on."
Noah Fant hype has been hard to avoid this summer. After setting a Hawkeye record for tight ends with 11 touchdown catches a season ago, he's been making preseason all-American lists, and first-round NFL draft projection lists, and really any list being made by any lister. He's on the short list of most-listed college football player.

Fant said coaches never told him why he wasn't an every-down player, but he seems to know the answer.
"I 100 percent feel that if you can't block as a tight end, you're going to get limited playing time," Fant said.
That means run-blocking has been an area of focus. Fant said he's learned to embrace the less glamorous part of playing tight end.
"If I make a big block and our running back goes squirting up the field for 50 yards, or I catch a pass for 50 yards, it's the same thing because we're just as close to the end zone," he said.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2018/08/17/noah-fant-nfl-iowa-brian-ferentz-hawkeye-tight-ends-preseason-all-americans/1014878002/

He'd make this offense really dangerous. McKinnon Juice Fant Kittle Goodwin. That'd be a lot for a defense to account for.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
He'd make this offense really dangerous. McKinnon Juice Fant Kittle Goodwin. That'd be a lot for a defense to account for.

I would be very happy to get Fant in this offense
If he slides to day 2, sure. Imma burn this b***h down if we don't walk out of day one with a damn edge rusher.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If he slides to day 2, sure. Imma burn this b***h down if we don't walk out of day one with a damn edge rusher.

Have to see what is done in free agency first.

I don't. If we get a good one in FA, I'll still want a bookend in the draft. I'm greedy like that.

I don't. If we get a good one in FA, I'll still want a bookend in the draft. I'm greedy like that.

[ Edited by Spike1000 on Sep 13, 2018 at 10:41 PM ]
Had a really bad drop in week 1
With major needs at edge and OT, not to mention OG, I can't see us taking a tight end with either of the first two picks.
[ Edited by English on Sep 14, 2018 at 3:51 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
With major needs at edge and OT, not to mention OG, I can't see us taking a tight end with either of the first two picks.

I don't think many saw them going OT and WR with their first two picks this year. Seeing what Cook did to the Rams and how often Kyle utilizes 2 TE sets, it wouldn't shock me at all to see them add another TE and we already know he's fond of players from Iowa and the pro style offense they play in.

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Had a really bad drop in week 1

Must be an Iowa thing

I like that greedy attitude. The better the defense, the more opportunity Jimmy G is out there scoring more points.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
This guy is Jimmy Graham.
Originally posted by English:

Can still draft OTs and OGs on day 2.
Yes please. Sign Flowers or Fowler as an edge rusher, Saffold (assuming Garnett doesn't pan out), then Fant round 1 and another edge guy round 2. I could live with this
Share 49erswebzone