LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Noah Fant-TE-Iowa

Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If he slides to day 2, sure. Imma burn this b***h down if we don't walk out of day one with a damn edge rusher.

Have to see what is done in free agency first.

I don't. If we get a good one in FA, I'll still want a bookend in the draft. I'm greedy like that.

I like that greedy attitude. The better the defense, the more opportunity Jimmy G is out there scoring more points.

Originally posted by English:
With major needs at edge and OT, not to mention OG, I can't see us taking a tight end with either of the first two picks.

Can still draft OTs and OGs on day 2.

Edge rushers? Starting OT?
With major needs at edge and OT, not to mention OG, I can't see us taking a tight end with either of the first two picks.

Can still draft OTs and OGs on day 2.

Edge rushers? Starting OT?

Don't need a starting OT in 2019. Yes I think you can get a starting OT in the 2nd if they have a year to sit and learn.

Obviously pass rusher would need to be addressed in FA to take Fant.
As an Iowa fan, would be thrilled if the 49ers drafted Noah Fant. He has had a nice college career and his athleticism and leaping ability are off the charts. Would be a great weapon in shannahans offense and a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. Had a nice game this past weekend and a nice catch that setup a touchdown that stood out. Still needs to improve his blocking but as far route running and receiving go he is solid.
I can only see this as an option if we sign a big time FA pass rusher and lock down another legit edge rusher in round 1. Or go with Fant in the first and another rusher in round 2.
Add 2 more TD's to the campaign including a crucial one late in the 3rd quarter when the game was very much undecided and looking like Iowa had a good shot at the upset.
Daniel Jeremiah released his top 25 prospects for the 2019 draft today, and this guy is tied for #5 overall.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 25, 2018 at 3:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Daniel Jeremiah released his top 25 prospects for the 2019 draft today, and this guy is tied for #5 overall.

Wow big jump for him there
I have watched him a lot being an Iowa fan. He is fast and his vertical is I believe 41", not sure on the 40 time. He had a 68 yard touchdown last season against Nebraska where he outran I believe 3 of the defensive backs. If someone could post that highlight, that would show the speed that will make him a tough matchup at the next level.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Wow big jump for him there

He's a legit top TE prospect. Looks to be a serious matchup issue at the next level.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's a legit top TE prospect. Looks to be a serious matchup issue at the next level.

This.
Originally posted by iowa49er_75:
This.

The thought of him and Kittle in this offense, with Goodwin and Pettis at WR.........
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The thought of him and Kittle in this offense, with Goodwin and Pettis at WR.........

If fant was added to the niners, that would b a lot for opposing defenses to account for. He would also be a viable option in the red zone which is something we lack with our current core of receivers.
If we took him over an edge, I wouldn't even be mad. Shanny has schemed Kittle open so easily and just the thought of adding an absolute freak athlete with refined technique like Fant should make D-coordinators toss and turn.
Originally posted by Dman11:
If we took him over an edge, I wouldn't even be mad. Shanny has schemed Kittle open so easily and just the thought of adding an absolute freak athlete with refined technique like Fant should make D-coordinators toss and turn.

The only way I could see them drafting him is if they signed a top edge rusher in FA but its nice to dream what he could look like in this offense.
Share 49ersWebzone