LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Greedy Williams, LSU

Yes please!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's either Allen or Greedy for me.
I really hope we don't take a CB with our 1st pick.
This guy is meh to me....I'd rather have Murphy
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If Bosa is taken at 1st and we are to trade down - he is someone I hope we'd strongly consider. One of the best CBs I have ever seen in college.
Originally posted by 4ML:
If Bosa is taken at 1st and we are to trade down - he is someone I hope we'd strongly consider. One of the best CBs I have ever seen in college.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oilcan:

I should have added in man coverage. He'd be amazing on a team that runs a lot of cover 1.

Dude come on now. Imo one of the most overrated players in this draft
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Dude come on now. Imo one of the most overrated players in this draft

From Sept. to Nov. - he completely shutdown one side of the field. I think completion rate to his guy was under 30% in the first 2 months. Gave up some passes in Nov. but imo he was the MVP of that defense. I think he goes in top 10-12 if he runs well at combine.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jan 12, 2019 at 5:12 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
A trade down with the Jags at #7 would be an ideal spot to take Greedy.

From Sept. to Nov. - he completely shutdown one side of the field. I think completion rate to his guy was under 30% in the first 2 months. Gave up some passes in Nov. but imo he was the MVP of that defense. I think he goes in top 10-12 if he runs well at combine.

MVP of that defense? Nah dude....Grant Delpit is a total stud and a top 5 pick next yr. White is a baller and produced this yr. I'd put both of them ahead of Greedy. I even like Fulton as a value pick vs Greedy at 2.

I don't disagree he goes top 10-12, I'm just not as high on him as other I guess.
Why are some so ready to give up on Spoon? He had a down season after everyone was loving him his rookie year. People seem to forget that he started poorly, but was better towards the end of the season as he got healthier and adjusted to switching to the other side of the field.

Nothing this kid has done says he shouldn't be our #2 going into next season. He just needs to keep improving.

I'd be extremely disappointed if we blow a top 10 pick on a CB when Sherman doesn't look close to being done, Witherspoon has the potential to be very good, Reed has shown good potential and Moore probably has the highest ceiling of any of our young guys in the secondary.

CB isn't a need. Especially when we are harshly judging some of these guys when they have to cover all day because we get no pressure.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Why are some so ready to give up on Spoon? He had a down season after everyone was loving him his rookie year. People seem to forget that he started poorly, but was better towards the end of the season as he got healthier and adjusted to switching to the other side of the field.

Nothing this kid has done says he shouldn't be our #2 going into next season. He just needs to keep improving.

I'd be extremely disappointed if we blow a top 10 pick on a CB when Sherman doesn't look close to being done, Witherspoon has the potential to be very good, Reed has shown good potential and Moore probably has the highest ceiling of any of our young guys in the secondary.

CB isn't a need. Especially when we are harshly judging some of these guys when they have to cover all day because we get no pressure.

I disagree there but I think pass rush is a much bigger need overall. The best CBs in football will still get lit up if the QB has time to eat a sandwich, read a book and catch up on their Netflix shows while in the pocket.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Nastastical:

I disagree there but I think pass rush is a much bigger need overall. The best CBs in football will still get lit up if the QB has time to eat a sandwich, read a book and catch up on their Netflix shows while in the pocket.

We have a bunch of young corners and Sherman who played at a all-pro level in his first season back from a major injury that usually ends careers of older players, so I don't see him falling off for at least another couple seasons.

I just don't see a need to add anymore young guys to an already green secondary. Lynch fixes the pass rush and all these talented kids look much better.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Listening to a podcast with Crocker he brought up the idea of bringing in Jason McCourty or Claiborne...both had decent yrs and are good vets. The goal would be to have Moore/spoon beat out the vet, but if not we're in good shape regardless (depth wise). We can always use DBs.

I don't see an early pick on DB, we got your guys that need to develop more. Going after a good vet or someone that gets cut to add competition would be a good plan imo.
Share 49ersWebzone