There are 156 users in the forums

Greedy Williams, LSU

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
If colleges want their players to play in all their games they should pay them.

After what happened to Jaylon Smith I'm not surprised at all, it's a lot of money to risk if you're a projected 1st round talent.

I totally get that. But I fully expect schools to make these athletes sign a waiver forcing them to play in all games and if they don't theyll rescind their scholarships.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by rathman4481:

After what happened to Jaylon Smith I'm not surprised at all, it's a lot of money to risk if you're a projected 1st round talent.

I totally get that. But I fully expect schools to make these athletes sign a waiver forcing them to play in all games and if they don't theyll rescind their scholarships.

lol. they'll just fake injuries.
Originally posted by boast:

lol. they'll just fake injuries.

Lol. Or not care cause they're entering the NFL
Or they make them pay back the scholarship lol
Might as well bump this guy back up since bosa is gone lol
Might as well bump this guy back up since bosa is gone lol

Meh, I'm not sold on him being the best CB in this draft let alone on his own team
Imo we have gotten better play from the young guys in our secondary recenty so unless this guy projects to be the next Deion I doubt we take him top 5.
Would rather grab Kris Boyd in the 2nd
Byron Murphy >>>>> Greedy Williams

Especially as scheme fits.
Originally posted by strickac:
He's looking like the top option for us, IMO. It's way early, but I think he might be the BPA if we're drafting in the #3-5 range.

This may be the case. I hope we get a fa pass rusher like Brandon graham so we can draft Williams or Allen

Originally posted by Heroism:

Would like Baker or Murphy over Williams.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Would like Baker or Murphy over Williams.

Are they better in coverage or better playmakers? If greedy is 6'3 seems to be exactly what the niners are looking for. I hope he can play some zone

[ Edited by genus49 on Dec 18, 2018 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Are they better in coverage or better playmakers? If greedy is 6'3 seems to be exactly what the niners are looking for. I hope he can play some zone

I think Byron Murphy is better at everything, but he's significantly better at zone, which is what we care about. Dude is a natural playing the press-bail technique we use here. Super savvy when it comes to anticipation and understanding route concepts with his eyes on the QB. Murphy is a buttery smooth athlete; Greedy is a little high cut.

Greedy is better off in a man scheme where he can mirror WRs. I don't think zone is his strength.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 18, 2018 at 9:18 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:

I think Byron Murphy is better at everything, but he's significantly better at zone, which is what we care about. Dude is a natural playing the press-bail technique we use here. Super savvy when it comes to anticipation and understanding route concepts with his eyes on the QB. Murphy is a buttery smooth athlete; Greedy is a little high cut.

Greedy is better off in a man scheme where he can mirror WRs. I don't think zone is his strength.

Thanks hero
Share 49ersWebzone