LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 303 users in the forums

Would you be ok with an OG in the first?

I would be shocked!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Would be fine with Nelson in the top 10, Wynn and Hernandez in the top 25.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 23, 2018 at 11:44 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Nelson or Wynn would be potentially great picks in the 1st.

I'd add Hernandez if we trade down.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by mayo49:
Would be fine with Nelson in the top 10, Wynn and Hernandez in the top 25.

This
Nelson? Yes!!!!

Random Guard, No!
Wynn would be a better beadles
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by NCommand:
And we have 3 former 1st round G's who have yet to come close to reaching their draft status...so easy to find anywhere.

Cooper is a zone guard who was drafted by a power team. Garnett will be a stud. Laken played well last year.

Guards take time to develop. I remember Steeler fans criticizing DeCastro his rookie year and now he is the best guard in the league.

Give all 3 of our guys a full year in this scheme and Jimmy Garrapolo under center and let's talk.

And all 3 of the 1st round guards on our roster were highly regarded coming out of college. Maybe that is the best reason to NOT take one in round 1. Just a thought.

That is not a bad thot. Seems like we have been fooled over and over again in last 10-12 yrs, and probably goes back further than that. There is definitely some truth here. It used to be a starting OL was a shoe-in to start within the yr. We have really had our experience with a lot of misses, some really bad. And we could also FA them bad , too. Kwame Harris, Martin , Pears, Barnes, Zut, to name just a few and we did that thru trades also. Worse yet, the only position kyle and JL bombed on last yr? OL. There's a message there somewhere....and you may have put your finger on it.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Originally posted by NCommand:
And we have 3 former 1st round G's who have yet to come close to reaching their draft status...so easy to find anywhere.

Cooper is a zone guard who was drafted by a power team. Garnett will be a stud. Laken played well last year.

Guards take time to develop. I remember Steeler fans criticizing DeCastro his rookie year and now he is the best guard in the league.

Give all 3 of our guys a full year in this scheme and Jimmy Garrapolo under center and let's talk.

And all 3 of the 1st round guards on our roster were highly regarded coming out of college. Maybe that is the best reason to NOT take one in round 1. Just a thought.

So, Garnett is a bit slow and came from a power system and he's automatically a stud after sitting out a year and Laken somehow played well?

Yeah, you're better off talking about running around cones than you are about evaluating the OL.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
So, Garnett is a bit slow and came from a power system and he's automatically a stud after sitting out a year and Laken somehow played well?

Yeah, you're better off talking about running around cones than you are about evaluating the OL.

Google this smartass.

Outland Trophy winner.

Just a little FYI for reference, Brandon Scherff won the award before Garnett.

If your fat ass man crush Trent Brown had half the work ethic that Garnett has he would be an All Pro.

And yes, Laken played well. He may not have been a Pro Bowler but he was a league average guard all after coming over via trade without any knowledge of Shanahan's scheme.

I suppose you are one of the arm chair geniuses that proposes we start two rookie guards chosen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds right?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Google this smartass.

Outland Trophy winner.

If your fat ass man crush Trent Brown had half the work ethic that Garnett has he would be an All Pro.

And yes, Laken played well. He may not have been a Pro Bowler but he was a league average guard all after coming over via trade without any knowledge of Shanahan's scheme.

I suppose you are one of the arm chair geniuses that proposes we start two rookie guards chosen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds right?

Newsflash: We are all "armchair geniuses" yet I'm not sure where you got the rest of that assumption

No, Laken did not play well. Fusco was the only one of the middle 3 that progressed as the season went on. How could you say that one guy is slow and then backup the slowest guy on the line? Get a clue.

As for the Trent Brown line...who tf is talking about Trent Brown?! Stick to talking about 3 cone drills with guys running in their underwear.

Google this smartass.

Outland Trophy winner.

Newsflash: We are all "armchair geniuses" yet I'm not sure where you got the rest of that assumption

No, Laken did not play well. Fusco was the only one of the middle 3 that progressed as the season went on. How could you say that one guy is slow and then backup the slowest guy on the line? Get a clue.

As for the Trent Brown line...who tf is talking about Trent Brown?! Stick to talking about 3 cone drills with guys running in their underwear.

Guys wind it in. This would not be a good time to get a one week ban, would it?
Share 49ersWebzone