LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

2018 Pass Rushers

Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by saniner:

He needs to get stronger, but I really like him in the 2nd.

They were saying the same thing about an ex bulldog Leonard Floyd and he turned out to be a beast..

Yeah, I loved Floyd. He's special. With Carter, I think he's a game changer. I could see him shooting up into the 1st like Hassan Reddick did. The 10-20 range is possible there aren't any red flags. He'll kill the workouts.

Trading back and getting him to play SAM would be a nice boost to our pass rush. Plus he can play in coverage and against the run. Strength isn't an issue for me.

Judging by the older Seattle model, I'd say he's better than Bruce Irvin in every aspect. Both have a quick burst off the line, but Carter has elite closing speed. In runs support, Carter already sets the edge very well and has the ability to shed and make plays once the RB commits to a lane. In coverage, they might be closer, but again, Carter closes so fast. I'd give him the edge with his length and football IQ.

I see a first rounder that may surprise casual fans.
[ Edited by strickac on Nov 11, 2017 at 5:53 AM ]
I'm pretty much over drafting a pass rusher high. But wondering what guys would be there in the third or late second (if we trade up) and can realistically start next year? It seems like everyone, even the top guys come with a, "yeah, but.." We can't be bringing in any yeah but type of players. Not at this critical juncture in our rebuild.

It clearly is a need however. I'm not really interested in Ansah in free agency. I just don't think he brings enough to warrant what he will be paid, so the draft it is.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm pretty much over drafting a pass rusher high. But wondering what guys would be there in the third or late second (if we trade up) and can realistically start next year? It seems like everyone, even the top guys come with a, "yeah, but.." We can't be bringing in any yeah but type of players. Not at this critical juncture in our rebuild.

It clearly is a need however. I'm not really interested in Ansah in free agency. I just don't think he brings enough to warrant what he will be paid, so the draft it is.

Kinnda in the same boat. I wouldnt be mad if we took one high per se, but I think we need to put the capital on offense. If we could find a 3rd rounder that has potential to be a gem but can at least provide some type of rush..thats what Id prefer.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I know this kid is only a freshman but Ohio State got themselves a ball player in Chase Young.

Can't wait to see this kid develop, he's going to be a stud on Sundays.
Arden Key: He is back in form.. Unstoppable! Our top pick...

Arden Key's last 3 games with video length

Ole Miss 13 min 4 sec

Auburn 6 min 25 sec

Alabama_1 7 min 58 sec

Alabama_2 8 min 17 sec

Don't comment unless you watch all of the tape.
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Nov 11, 2017 at 4:16 PM ]
Marcus Davenport is a 6-foot-6, 250-pound defensive end with long arms, explosive burst, and an array of pass-rushing moves.
He plays for the University of Texas-San Antonio, which would explain why he's far from a household name at this point.

This Roadrunners defensive end is a twitchy, refined, productive pass-rusher. And when you're all three of those things -- while having NFL-size -- at the collegiate level, you're likely going to be a good professional player. It's the one-dimensional edge-rushers who typically struggle.

link
Landry is the protypical LEO and if he doesnt pan out there, he is definitely fast enough to play SAM LB. Im hoping we land in the top 3 in the draft and are able to trade down gaining two picks in the first to get Nelson and Landry. That would be a homerun
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:

Ole Miss 13 min 4 sec

Auburn 6 min 25 sec

Alabama_1 7 min 58 sec

Alabama_2 8 min 17 sec

His talent is not in question. His commitment is a question though.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Landry is the protypical LEO and if he doesnt pan out there, he is definitely fast enough to play SAM LB. Im hoping we land in the top 3 in the draft and are able to trade down gaining two picks in the first to get Nelson and Landry. That would be a homerun

I'm starting to really warm up to Landry with a trade down. I think his speed off the edge is much needed, and I don't see any free agents worth bringing in (Lawrence will get franchised, Ansah doesn't have the speed we need).
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I'm starting to really warm up to Landry with a trade down. I think his speed off the edge is much needed, and I don't see any free agents worth bringing in (Lawrence will get franchised, Ansah doesn't have the speed we need).

Nelson AND Landry!? Lol. I agree about Lawrence and probs Ansah due to the value more than likely, but what if he comes at a fair price? We tell him to trim down, could be a day one Leo. Stick Landry at SAM.

Originally posted by genus49:
His talent is not in question. His commitment is a question though.

+1
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Marcus Davenport is a 6-foot-6, 250-pound defensive end with long arms, explosive burst, and an array of pass-rushing moves.
He plays for the University of Texas-San Antonio, which would explain why he's far from a household name at this point.

This Roadrunners defensive end is a twitchy, refined, productive pass-rusher. And when you're all three of those things -- while having NFL-size -- at the collegiate level, you're likely going to be a good professional player. It's the one-dimensional edge-rushers who typically struggle.

link

Now this could be intriguing. Not endorsing him yet, but if we can get a guy that can fit, without having to do so at the top of the draft would help immensely. I'm kind of looking in a different direction with our first pick.

Ole Miss 13 min 4 sec

Auburn 6 min 25 sec

Alabama_1 7 min 58 sec

Alabama_2 8 min 17 sec

I didn't watch all the tape.

Ole Miss 13 min 4 sec

Auburn 6 min 25 sec

Alabama_1 7 min 58 sec

Alabama_2 8 min 17 sec

On the first video vs ole miss at 3:15 key blows past Greg Little and causes a fumble . Currently ranked 6th among tackles on Walterfootball for the 2019 draft
Chad Thomas looks like somebody we could scoop up in the mid to late second. Quietly having a great year.
Share 49ersWebzone