LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Wayyyy too early mock offseason

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Yes please to this offseason for the Niners. Or, at least some of it...especially the Garoppolo part (I completely agree with your comment about him). Nicely done.

Thanks man
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I like it but just don't think it's possible. Unless we get ahead of Cleveland we can kiss Miles goodbye. Too much money for Alshon with all the injury issues now PED use. Gotta make you think how much of his performance was based off PED's.

Brandon Williams is a guy we should pay for in FA.

It's reported they love Mitch so who knows...they have zero at qb and end of the day a team could move up for a qb.

That's the market value for Jeffery according to sportrac and I could careless about the PEDs...it was reported it was a banned supplement not steroids lol.

Worst case scenario, Cleveland drafts Garrett AND they trade there 2nd rounder for Jimmy G.
Considering this is a horrid year for qb's, I am predicting Garrapolo will go for more than what you think the 9ers will get him for. If the Niners get Garropolo for a 2nd in 2017 and a 3rd in 2018 then AWESOME

I would rather keep Christina Ponder, cut Gabbert and draft another qb to develop.

My prediction is only one of two ways to get Garropolo

A second in 2017 and a second in 2018. - Pats love multiple second round picks.

A second round pick in 2017, a third round in 2018 and we give them a player that Bellichek thinks fits his scheme. I am one of the DB's Ward or Tartt.
I like it but just don't think it's possible. Unless we get ahead of Cleveland we can kiss Miles goodbye. Too much money for Alshon with all the injury issues now PED use. Gotta make you think how much of his performance was based off PED's.

Brandon Williams is a guy we should pay for in FA.

It's reported they love Mitch so who knows...they have zero at qb and end of the day a team could move up for a qb.

That's the market value for Jeffery according to sportrac and I could careless about the PEDs...it was reported it was a banned supplement not steroids lol.

I don't think GM;s could careless about his PED use. And it was reported by him it was a banned supplement. Not to mention he's always hurt. I know we need a true number 1 and Alshon is a good wr. But his injury risk is high and his risk of suspension is also high. Add in a down year and it just smells of a one year prove it deal.
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 21, 2016 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by HERN:
Worst case scenario, Cleveland drafts Garrett AND they trade there 2nd rounder for Jimmy G.

Lol that would blow but then we draft Mitch who IMO is a FQB or trade down with someone that what's him or Allen and get a haul.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Considering this is a horrid year for qb's, I am predicting Garrapolo will go for more than what you think the 9ers will get him for. If the Niners get Garropolo for a 2nd in 2017 and a 3rd in 2018 then AWESOME

I would rather keep Christina Ponder, cut Gabbert and draft another qb to develop.

My prediction is only one of two ways to get Garropolo

A second in 2017 and a second in 2018. - Pats love multiple second round picks.

A second round pick in 2017, a third round in 2018 and we give them a player that Bellichek thinks fits his scheme. I am one of the DB's Ward or Tartt.

I could live with 2 2nds but you got to realize that 2nd rd pick is basically a low 1st and they could always make it a conditional pick in 2018 which could move up to a 2nd based on play.

They gave up Jones for a low 2nd, who's a much more proven player than Jimmy and Collins for a comp 3rd.
I don't think GM;s could careless about his PED use. And it was reported by him it was a banned supplement. Not to mention he's always hurt. I know we need a true number 1 and Alshon is a good wr. But his injury risk is high and his risk of suspension is also high. Add in a down year and it just smells of a one year prove it deal.

He's injuries are soft tissue injuries something that Chip teams have very few of (guessing it's to do with his sports science stuff).

The fact that this is a weak WR FA class I highly doubt he get's a one yr deal. I'm fine with giving him some cash we need to infuse talent.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm all in on Garrett and if we landed Garappalo - we'd be in much better shape for the present.

Alshon seems to be injured quite a bit and that's a lot of cash on that move. Tho I wanted us to draft him badly.

I don't feel Bo will return the same man.

Drop kicking Trent from GM would be just fine.

And maybe return him to scouting duties. He seems to have luck w/DB's in later rounds.

Fun and good post!!

Thanks...Alshon injuries are mostly soft tissue injuries and chip's sports science has actually made his teams some of the lowest rated teams in the league with soft tissue injuries...something to think about lol.

No way Baalke stays on the staff if he's fired from GM duties
The patriots will want more then that for Garrapolo. Probably two first round picks for him.. considering what QBs are going for now (see Bradford and Osweiler), although I do think Garrapolo would be a really good fit in this offense.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
The patriots will want more then that for Garrapolo. Probably two first round picks for him.. considering what QBs are going for now (see Bradford and Osweiler), although I do think Garrapolo would be a really good fit in this offense.

LOL what? We aren't trading for Aaron Rogers. The kid has two starts to his name and a total of 91 attempts in his 3 yr career. IF they are really asking for two 1st rd picks then they don't want to trade him because that's an unrealistic offer.

FYI that 2nd rd pick we'd be giving them is basically a 1st rd pick (top 34 pick).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 21, 2016 at 1:37 PM ]

Is there a single example of a backup QB -from a stacked team/top-notch org. without any significant starting experience receiving a massive contract to start for a super desperate team that has gone on to be successful? I can only remember, cassell, flynn, oswieler and so on.

LOL what? We aren't trading for Aaron Rogers. The kid has two starts to his name and a total of 91 attempts in his 3 yr career. IF they are really asking for two 1st rd picks then they don't want to trade him because that's an unrealistic offer.

FYI that 2nd rd pick we'd be giving them is basically a 1st rd pick (top 34 pick).

The Eagles got a 1st and 4th for Bradford with that horrible contract. I think it will be much harder to get Garrapollo and the Patriots will not just give him up easy. I am not sure two second round picks would get him to be honest.
1. Release most expensive players to put more money in Jed's pocket

2. Don't sign any expensive free agents (see above), even if anyone decent would agree to come to SF

3. Don't draft WR's, LB's or QB of the future. Need more DB's and "value" (i.e., injured) players

4. Sign some former 1st round QB busts

5. Call it "winning with class", but certainly not rebuilding

6. Don't fire Baalke, Chip or Paraag

7. Figure out how to get more money out of the Faithful and Santa Clara.

The Eagles got a 1st and 4th for Bradford with that horrible contract. I think it will be much harder to get Garrapollo and the Patriots will not just give him up easy. I am not sure two second round picks would get him to be honest.

Bradford was also the #1 pick overall and has been a starter and more experienced, etc.
Originally posted by bopicksix:
Is there a single example of a backup QB -from a stacked team/top-notch org. without any significant starting experience receiving a massive contract to start for a super desperate team that has gone on to be successful? I can only remember, cassell, flynn, oswieler and so on.

brett farvre Matt Schaub come to mind...you bring up Cassel and Flynn like they are comparable lol. Both were 7th rd picks and Cassel was a backup in college. Jimmy G was a 2nd rd pick who broke tony Romo's college records throwing for over 13,000 yards 118 TDs and 51 INTs.
Share 49ersWebzone