There are 235 users in the forums

Wayyyy too early mock offseason

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Bradford got $17.5 million/year and Osweiler got $18 million/year. That's the market for starting QB's and we'll have to pay more than market value for anyone we bring in this free agency and next likely. We're not exactly an attractive free agent destination right now. You're kidding yourselves if you think we're getting Garoppolo to stay here for less than what the Texans gave Osweiler.

Regardless of how he plays next year, we will have to pay more than he's worth to keep him, because we're a terrible free agent destination right now. I'd much rather have a player we bring in through the draft getting paid under market value than a player we trade for getting paid more than market value after his cheap year is up. I'd take Mahomes and $15+ million a year of extra cap room over Jimmy G all day everyday.

We have two years to get a deal done...players want to get paid and if he plays well then guess what people will want to come here...who the hell wanted to play in Oakland before a couple yrs ago? Who cares if we have to pay a good qb?? we will have $100 million in cap space and who we paying for on this team?? You see any pro bowl guys on this roster that's gonna take up a ton of cap space??

Mahomes while I like hasn't proven anything at the next level and might take more than a yr or two to devlop (who you playing until then some scrub?)...I for one don't want to sit around and wait/go through qb growing pains from a college spread qb because we didn't want to fork over some cash.

I Agree and Jimmy G is less of a risk..he hasn't played much but when he has he looked good, yes we can draft Mahomes and save 15 million but what if he sucks then its the same s**t diff season..
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Very nice mock.

What about Bennie Logan or Brandon Williams in FA?

Jonathan Allen would also be a solid pick if we're not able to land Garrett.

Either 1 of Logan or Williams would be big for the defense..Is Allen really that much of a beast..i know Bamas D as a whole is amazing but never really focused on Allen as much..more Foster and Fitzpatrick (who went to HS in jersey and played against my brother)

Garrett is getting all the hype and deservedly so, but Allen is almost on par with him talent-wise.

So Allen has a real shot at going number 1 too...?
I Agree and Jimmy G is less of a risk..he hasn't played much but when he has he looked good, yes we can draft Mahomes and save 15 million but what if he sucks then its the same s**t diff season..

Exactly I'd rather have someone that's been developed by a great coaching staff and was looked at as a top 50 pick.

He does everything that chip wants minus athletic freak running the ball which is fine.
So Allen has a real shot at going number 1 too...?

He's the #1 overall prospect currently on cbs big board...I doubt he goes one but he's real good.

Exactly I'd rather have someone that's been developed by a great coaching staff and was looked at as a top 50 pick.

He does everything that chip wants minus athletic freak running the ball which is fine.

The thing with this is that there is a very good chance of it happening..the Pats aren't going to resign him with Brady being so great still and Brissett being drafted last year..plus idk if it really matters but Chip and Bill are supposedly great friends..the niners 2nd and next year 3rd should do it..maybe throw in a couple late round picks that Bill will develop into pro bowlers in the future lol
The thing with this is that there is a very good chance of it happening..the Pats aren't going to resign him with Brady being so great still and Brissett being drafted last year..plus idk if it really matters but Chip and Bill are supposedly great friends..the niners 2nd and next year 3rd should do it..maybe throw in a couple late round picks that Bill will develop into pro bowlers in the future lol

Yup never know...Brady's contract goes until the end of 2019 and he's due some real cash so I don't see how the move on from him (and he's playing lights out) and I don't see them paying for both...pats don't pay top cash for anyone and they'll keep doing what they always do and draft, develop, and trade lol.

I think the chip and bill connection could help as well. We need something positive to happen here for once lol.

Myles and Jimmy G would be huge.
Very solid! Would be an outstanding offseason if it went like this and we would be on the verge of contending again. Major holes filled, great addition of key FAs to compliment the draft. Well done

Yup never know...Brady's contract goes until the end of 2019 and he's due some real cash so I don't see how the move on from him (and he's playing lights out) and I don't see them paying for both...pats don't pay top cash for anyone and they'll keep doing what they always do and draft, develop, and trade lol.

I think the chip and bill connection could help as well. We need something positive to happen here for once lol.

Myles and Jimmy G would be huge.

I'm literally nodding my head in agreement, its like I sit here and say how can Jed stand watching this disaster so I keep saying this organization has to pay free agents, make trades, and draft to make this team legit again..they have to want to win..right..? I honestly cant see them not making big moves this offseason..they have to..if not they will lose every fan and all hope...top 3 pick and 100 million to spend..
I'm literally nodding my head in agreement, its like I sit here and say how can Jed stand watching this disaster so I keep saying this organization has to pay free agents, make trades, and draft to make this team legit again..they have to want to win..right..? I honestly cant see them not making big moves this offseason..they have to..if not they will lose every fan and all hope...top 3 pick and 100 million to spend..

Without question something has to give they can't go 1-15 and do nothing...fans are already at their breaking point with the team. We got planes flying over the stadium and all pat fans at the stadium. We're the laughing stock of the league. I don't care if everyone thinks Jed is cheap or whatever, no billionaire wants to be a laughing stock.

This is the off season to make big moves and if it fails at least they did something lol.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Very solid! Would be an outstanding offseason if it went like this and we would be on the verge of contending again. Major holes filled, great addition of key FAs to compliment the draft. Well done

Thanks!

How about I do you one...throw in Chad Kelly in the 7th at that point whatever still don't like him though lol.

Without question something has to give they can't go 1-15 and do nothing...fans are already at their breaking point with the team. We got planes flying over the stadium and all pat fans at the stadium. We're the laughing stock of the league. I don't care if everyone thinks Jed is cheap or whatever, no billionaire wants to be a laughing stock.

This is the off season to make big moves and if it fails at least they did something lol.

exactly at least give some hope, unlike last year where from day 1 in free agency to the draft I felt angry and confused when they absolutely didn't sign any good players with 50+ million to spend..plus didn't sign Boldin which I hated lol
exactly at least give some hope, unlike last year where from day 1 in free agency to the draft I felt angry and confused when they absolutely didn't sign any good players with 50+ million to spend..plus didn't sign Boldin which I hated lol

Yeah I thought they would do more but I think it was a evaluation year (at least that's what I'd like to think lol). Know we know we blow and need a lot of help

Just saw that cutler is likely done for the yr so looks like we actually might have a chance for a win...which is no good for our draft spot lol.

Thanks!

How about I do you one...throw in Chad Kelly in the 7th at that point whatever still don't like him though lol.

you win the Mock Offseason Championship, by far
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Nov 21, 2016 at 7:19 PM ]

Yeah I thought they would do more but I think it was a evaluation year (at least that's what I'd like to think lol). Know we know we blow and need a lot of help

Just saw that cutler is likely done for the yr so looks like we actually might have a chance for a win...which is no good for our draft spot lol.

Yeah I'm afraid we might win 3 games, Jets, Bears, and Rams...and your boy AJ Bouye just got an Interception tho it was basically thrown to him..still caught it tho which is very tough for DBs..lol

Thanks!

you win the Mock Offseason Championship, by far

LOL you didn't hear..?? Baalke had Kelly over for dinner last night and already signed him to a 5th round contract..its already a garentee..!
Share 49ersWebzone