LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Wayyyy too early mock offseason

Okay so none of this will probably happen but this is my wayyy too early mock off season

First: Fire Baalke and Tom Gamble steps in...not the flashest hire but if Chip is gonna be here this makes the most sense.
I'd love to fire JoN as well but unsure who to throw in? Maybe see what Pettine is up to

Cut/release:

Kap: He most likely moves on wouldn't hate if he stayed as a bridge QB, but time to get someone new in here
Brooks: Long in the tooth and we need need to get more consistent pass rush he just can't do that especially with the salary he's getting.
Bethea: He gone.
Brock: Cut or possibly look for a late rd trade.

Extend: Not too much to get excited about (would have signed Lynch but can't after this season).

Vance McDonald: 4yr $23 million. Get a QB that can hit him in stride, we have seen him become a good red zone threat and a play maker.
Ray Ray- ehhh small 1yr deal take it or leave it
Phil- 1yr $3 million
Tiller-Keep him as a solid backup

FA:

Alshon Jeffery WR- Had a piss poor yr and PEs might drop him a little, but we have money to spend and when healthy is a top WR 5yrs $60 million

A.J. Bouye CB-Kid is balling this yr and has the size we want in a outside CB...please put Ward at FS and line A.J across Robinson. 5 yrs $35 million

Bryan Hoyer QB -Sign him to a cheaper backup deal

Kiko Alonso ILB- He's havimg a solid yr and I'm hoping he's over the injury bug, Maybe he wants to head back and play for his old coach. 4 yrs $22 million

That's around $65 million spent and $35 million left which is more than enough left for future signings (Lynch/Ward/QB).

Draft:(just 5 rd mock got to get into the draft mode and check out more players)

1st: Myles Garrett OLB- Best player in the draft drops to us. Browns go for QB with Mitch who's reported to being scouted hard by them (hey I can dream) OR a team moves up for a qb.

2nd: Trade our 2nd and 3rd next year for Jimmy Garoppolo...Would be the best QB in this draft we have him for a extra yr, plus can franchise tag to see what he's got. Quick release, super accurate, strong arm, and a hard worker sign me up!

3rd: Kendell Beckwith ILB- a leader and a 3 down guy with long arms... is a fundamentally sound tackler does need to attack more.

*Trade our early 4th and 5th to move back into the 3rd

3rd: Carlos Watkins NT- Love this kid...great story with being in a car accident that killed his cousin changed his life and the way he lives it, he's been a monster vs the run and is one of the better pass rushers on the Clemson line.

4th-Wayne Gallman RB- keep rolling with the Clemson players...there are so many good RBs in this draft and one or two will slip through the cracks. He's a great fit for the inside zone and will take over for whatever we have with Harris/Draughan.

5th-Deyshawn Bond C- Athletic center and we need to get Martin our of here

Note: I'd like to leave this draft with like 5 good prospects we are stocked with youth and developmental guys. I doubt any of this happens but it would be a step in the right direction IMO
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 21, 2016 at 12:50 PM ]
Nice. Like it. Just a few things. Would like to see a NT signed in FA. And with Alonso being signed in FA and Ray Ray extended, is Beckwith a need in the 3rd?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Nice. Like it. Just a few things. Would like to see a NT signed in FA. And with Alonso being signed in FA and Ray Ray extended, is Beckwith a need in the 3rd?

I agree signing an NT in FA. Beckwith is a need because injuries do happen and depth is always good to have. Look what happened to ray ray and bowman, both injured.
[ Edited by Alfienator on Nov 21, 2016 at 11:22 AM ]

Have no idea how Bow is gonna come back plus Ray isn't a starter IMO. we will be losing MW, Hoges, and Bellore. No more getting caught with our pants down at ILB

FYI Kiko isn't known as the healthiest guy either.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

I agree signing an NT in FA. Beckwith is a need because injuries do happen and depth is always good to have. Look what happened to ray ray and bowman, both injured.

Bennie Logan or Brandon Williams might be someone to look at for NT in FA, I really like Watkins and we could always resign Dorsey who's a fine backup/rotation.

End of the day wouldn't be surprised if Williams comes back if healthy.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 21, 2016 at 11:41 AM ]
If this were to happen this franchise is headed in the right direction..like Hoov said Beckwith pick should be different, I'm think it should be your boy Fields from Louisville or another pass rush but other then that I love every other move..1 other thing is if Ward is moved again it better be the last time lol let the kid stay at 1 position and try to perfect it..but again great job, we share a lot of views heading into the offseason..
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Bennie Logan or Brandon Williams might be someone to look at for NT in FA, I really like Watkins and we could always resign Dorsey who's a fine backup/rotation.

End of the day wouldn't be surprised if Williams comes back if healthy.

I was thinking that last night with Dorsey..he's a very good NT when 100% but lately him being 100% is a long shot..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
If this were to happen this franchise is headed in the right direction..like Hoov said Beckwith pick should be different, I'm think it should be your boy Fields from Louisville or another pass rush but other then that I love every other move..1 other thing is if Ward is moved again it better be the last time lol let the kid stay at 1 position and try to perfect it..but again great job, we share a lot of views heading into the offseason..

Yeah I think you need more than two good ILB especially if the two starters have had injuries...Beckwith isn't a finished product and needs to get a little more aggressive but could be a future stud. It's not like I'm burning a 1st or 2nd on ILB. I love Fields but we would be getting Myles and him Lynch, Eli, and Tank would be fine as pass rushers (throw in Buckner AA and Watkins rushing the passer ) Beckwith could be in on 3rd downs with Kiko as well.
I was thinking that last night with Dorsey..he's a very good NT when 100% but lately him being 100% is a long shot..

yeah when we brought him in and stuck him at NT not DE he was playing lights out before yet again getting injured...still like to get Williams back which I think will happen.

Go watch Watkins that kid can play

Yeah I think you need more than two good ILB especially if the two starters have had injuries...Beckwith isn't a finished product and needs to get a little more aggressive but could be a future stud. It's not like I'm burning a 1st or 2nd on ILB. I love Fields but we would be getting Myles and him Lynch, Eli, and Tank would be fine as pass rushers (throw in Buckner AA and Watkins rushing the passer ) Beckwith could be in on 3rd downs with Kiko as well.

The funny thing is somehow I forgot you took Garrett so never mind about Fields..tho watching Washington last night I was jealous with 3 of their OLBs having 7+ sacks each so far On the year..I think Watkins is going to be great in between AA and Buckner..I actually love the talent and youth the dline would have then moving to a nickel D having Garrett AA Buckner and Lynch rushing the passer would be crazy fun to watch..

yeah when we brought him in and stuck him at NT not DE he was playing lights out before yet again getting injured...still like to get Williams back which I think will happen.

Go watch Watkins that kid can play

Lol I was watching him just before the last comment..his motor doesn't stop..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Nov 21, 2016 at 11:53 AM ]
Yes please to this offseason for the Niners. Or, at least some of it...especially the Garoppolo part (I completely agree with your comment about him). Nicely done.
I like it but just don't think it's possible. Unless we get ahead of Cleveland we can kiss Miles goodbye. Too much money for Alshon with all the injury issues now PED use. Gotta make you think how much of his performance was based off PED's.

Brandon Williams is a guy we should pay for in FA.
I'm all in on Garrett and if we landed Garappalo - we'd be in much better shape for the present.

Alshon seems to be injured quite a bit and that's a lot of cash on that move. Tho I wanted us to draft him badly.

I don't feel Bo will return the same man.

Drop kicking Trent from GM would be just fine.

And maybe return him to scouting duties. He seems to have luck w/DB's in later rounds.

Fun and good post!!
Originally posted by lamontb:
I like it but just don't think it's possible. Unless we get ahead of Cleveland we can kiss Miles goodbye. Too much money for Alshon with all the injury issues now PED use. Gotta make you think how much of his performance was based off PED's.

Brandon Williams is a guy we should pay for in FA.

It's reported they love Mitch so who knows...they have zero at qb and end of the day a team could move up for a qb.

That's the market value for Jeffery according to sportrac and I could careless about the PEDs...it was reported it was a banned supplement not steroids lol.
Share 49ersWebzone