There are 255 users in the forums

Wayyyy too early mock offseason

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Okay so none of this will probably happen but this is my wayyy too early mock off season

First: Fire Baalke and Tom Gamble steps in...not the flashest hire but if Chip is gonna be here this makes the most sense.
I'd love to fire JoN as well but unsure who to throw in? Maybe see what Pettine is up to

Cut/release:

Kap: He most likely moves on wouldn't hate if he stayed as a bridge QB, but time to get someone new in here
Brooks: Long in the tooth and we need need to get more consistent pass rush he just can't do that especially with the salary he's getting.
Bethea: He gone.
Brock: Cut or possibly look for a late rd trade.

Extend: Not too much to get excited about (would have signed Lynch but can't after this season).

Vance McDonald: 4yr $23 million. Get a QB that can hit him in stride, we have seen him become a good red zone threat and a play maker.
Ray Ray- ehhh small 1yr deal take it or leave it
Phil- 1yr $3 million
Tiller-Keep him as a solid backup

FA:

Alshon Jeffery WR- Had a piss poor yr and PEs might drop him a little, but we have money to spend and when healthy is a top WR 5yrs $60 million

A.J. Bouye CB-Kid is balling this yr and has the size we want in a outside CB...please put Ward at FS and line A.J across Robinson. 5 yrs $35 million

Bryan Hoyer QB -Sign him to a cheaper backup deal

Kiko Alonso ILB- He's havimg a solid yr and I'm hoping he's over the injury bug, Maybe he wants to head back and play for his old coach. 4 yrs $22 million

That's around $65 million spent and $35 million left which is more than enough left for future signings (Lynch/Ward/QB).

Draft:(just 5 rd mock got to get into the draft mode and check out more players)

1st: Myles Garrett OLB- Best player in the draft drops to us. Browns go for QB with Mitch who's reported to being scouted hard by them (hey I can dream) OR a team moves up for a qb.

2nd: Trade our 2nd and 3rd next year for Jimmy Garoppolo...Would be the best QB in this draft we have him for a extra yr, plus can franchise tag to see what he's got. Quick release, super accurate, strong arm, and a hard worker sign me up!

3rd: Kendell Beckwith ILB- a leader and a 3 down guy with long arms... is a fundamentally sound tackler does need to attack more.

*Trade our early 4th and 5th to move back into the 3rd

3rd: Carlos Watkins NT- Love this kid...great story with being in a car accident that killed his cousin changed his life and the way he lives it, he's been a monster vs the run and is one of the better pass rushers on the Clemson line.

4th-Wayne Gallman RB- keep rolling with the Clemson players...there are so many good RBs in this draft and one or two will slip through the cracks. He's a great fit for the inside zone and will take over for whatever we have with Harris/Draughan.

5th-Deyshawn Bond C- Athletic center and we need to get Martin our of here

Note: I'd like to leave this draft with like 5 good prospects we are stocked with youth and developmental guys. I doubt any of this happens but it would be a step in the right direction IMO

Okay so none of this will probably happen but this is my wayyy too early mock off season

First: Fire Baalke and Tom Gamble steps in...not the flashest hire but if Chip is gonna be here this makes the most sense.
I'd love to fire JoN as well but unsure who to throw in? Maybe see what Pettine is up to

Cut/release:

Kap: He most likely moves on wouldn't hate if he stayed as a bridge QB, but time to get someone new in here
Brooks: Long in the tooth and we need need to get more consistent pass rush he just can't do that especially with the salary he's getting.
Bethea: He gone.
Brock: Cut or possibly look for a late rd trade.

Extend: Not too much to get excited about (would have signed Lynch but can't after this season).

Vance McDonald: 4yr $23 million. Get a QB that can hit him in stride, we have seen him become a good red zone threat and a play maker.
Ray Ray- ehhh small 1yr deal take it or leave it
Phil- 1yr $3 million
Tiller-Keep him as a solid backup

FA:

Alshon Jeffery WR- Had a piss poor yr and PEs might drop him a little, but we have money to spend and when healthy is a top WR 5yrs $60 million

A.J. Bouye CB-Kid is balling this yr and has the size we want in a outside CB...please put Ward at FS and line A.J across Robinson. 5 yrs $35 million

Bryan Hoyer QB -Sign him to a cheaper backup deal

Kiko Alonso ILB- He's havimg a solid yr and I'm hoping he's over the injury bug, Maybe he wants to head back and play for his old coach. 4 yrs $22 million

That's around $65 million spent and $35 million left which is more than enough left for future signings (Lynch/Ward/QB).

Draft:(just 5 rd mock got to get into the draft mode and check out more players)

1st: Myles Garrett OLB- Best player in the draft drops to us. Browns go for QB with Mitch who's reported to being scouted hard by them (hey I can dream) OR a team moves up for a qb.

2nd: Trade our 2nd and 3rd next year for Jimmy Garoppolo...Would be the best QB in this draft we have him for a extra yr, plus can franchise tag to see what he's got. Quick release, super accurate, strong arm, and a hard worker sign me up!

3rd: Kendell Beckwith ILB- a leader and a 3 down guy with long arms... is a fundamentally sound tackler does need to attack more.

*Trade our early 4th and 5th to move back into the 3rd

3rd: Carlos Watkins NT- Love this kid...great story with being in a car accident that killed his cousin changed his life and the way he lives it, he's been a monster vs the run and is one of the better pass rushers on the Clemson line.

4th-Wayne Gallman RB- keep rolling with the Clemson players...there are so many good RBs in this draft and one or two will slip through the cracks. He's a great fit for the inside zone and will take over for whatever we have with Harris/Draughan.

5th-Deyshawn Bond C- Athletic center and we need to get Martin our of here

Note: I'd like to leave this draft with like 5 good prospects we are stocked with youth and developmental guys. I doubt any of this happens but it would be a step in the right direction IMO

We still need a few more WRs to fill in the gaps on our team. We need NT, ILBs, RBs. We need a lot of help.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
We still need a few more WRs to fill in the gaps on our team. We need NT, ILBs, RBs. We need a lot of help.

Rome wasn't built in a day not gonna get everything in one off season...I added a NT two ILBs and a RB perfect for chips system.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

Rome wasn't built in a day not gonna get everything in one off season...I added a NT two ILBs and a RB perfect for chips system.

I think the niners resign Kerley or Patton plus they have Ellington and the kid from the CFL coming back from injury, plus Smelter maybe stays healthy and finally shows something..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I think the niners resign Kerley or Patton plus they have Ellington and the kid from the CFL coming back from injury, plus Smelter maybe stays healthy and finally shows something..

Yeah agreed I mean if I had my way they'd all be gone (minus smith) and we'd start fresh but that's not how things work lol.
Share 49ersWebzone