LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Nathan Peterman-QB-Pitt

Peterman vs Clemson this year. Pitt went into Death Valley and won. Peterman finished 22/37 for 308 yards and 5 TD's.

Profiles are being updated daily, but for what it's worth, Peterman is currently the #3 ranked quarterback--ahead of Deshone Kizer--on the NFL.com draft QB rankings. Guess he's a hidden gem no longer?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 23, 2017 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Peterman vs Clemson this year. Pitt went into Death Valley and won. Peterman finished 22/37 for 308 yards and 5 TD's.

Ok ok maybe not a 4th round pick anymore so 3rd round pick it is 2nd round if we must...
The NFL draft profile compared him to Derek Carr?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Profiles are being updated daily, but for what it's worth, Peterman is currently the #3 ranked quarterback--ahead of Deshone Kizer--on the NFL.com draft QB rankings. Guess he's a hidden gem no longer?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191

I wouldn't put much stock in their rankings. Both NFL.com mock drafts have Kizer at #6 overall to the Jets and Kizer's draft profile indicates that players with his size and arm typically get drafted in the first round while Peterman has mediocre tools. I don't think anyone thinks Peterman is going to be drafted before Kizer or that Peterman will be a first round pick at this point.
I prefer drafting Peterman round 2 or 3 than gamble with the 1st pick.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
There's a lot of hidden talent on this Pitt offense. Center is decent. LG looks elite. Both LT and QB look great.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah I watched this whole game and he impressed, this game is the reason for the thread at the time if I remember correctly, he played great and fearless, made great throws all game..im not sure who it is that said it but I wouldn't mind taking 2 QBs and him being the late round 1 if still available..every time I watch his highlights he reminds me of a young Romo
Originally posted by TheNef77:
There's a lot of hidden talent on this Pitt offense. Center is decent. LG looks elite. Both LT and QB look great.

Yeah I even like their TE Scott Orndoff, he showed up big in the Clemson game with some big catches on great throws from Peterman..

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/1/24/14365134/senior-bowl-2017-roster-quarterback-nate-peterman-davis-webb-joshua-dobbs?client=safari

Pitt's Nate Peterman and Cal's Davis Webb are two of the six quarterbacks with a chance to shine on a big stage at the 2017 Senior Bowl.
By Adam Stites on January 24, 2017 7:35 am

Saterday he is playing fellas. 2:30pm Nfl network.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 24, 2017 at 5:39 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
The NFL draft profile compared him to Derek Carr?

Derek Carr and Kirk Cousins are two of the most frequent comparisons he's been getting. Don't think he's up there with Carr, but I can see the Cousins comparison. Smart quarterback that can operate on the move, beat a defense with his feet, good at throwing on the run, would fully expect the 49ers to bring him in for a workout.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I wouldn't put much stock in their rankings. Both NFL.com mock drafts have Kizer at #6 overall to the Jets and Kizer's draft profile indicates that players with his size and arm typically get drafted in the first round while Peterman has mediocre tools. I don't think anyone thinks Peterman is going to be drafted before Kizer or that Peterman will be a first round pick at this point.

This. Peterman will likely be overlooked due to size/physical ability. Intangibles and QB IQ appear to be very good though. As I've said, at minimum I think a team will be getting a very good backup QB. I see him in that late 2nd to late 3rd round range right now.
An NFC personnel man told Rotoworld's Josh Norris that a former coach of Pitt QB Nathan Peterman's "displayed very little enthusiasm for Peterman's game."

The personnel man told Norris that he was puzzled by the lack of buzz surrounding Peterman. Norris and the evaluator agreed that Peterman was the top passer at the Senior Bowl. The former Tennessee Vol threw for 2,855 yards and a 27/7 TD/INT ratio for the Panthers in 2016. Some believe Peterman is one of the class' biggest QB sleepers.

MOBILE, Ala. — Two former Tennessee quarterbacks are in Alabama this week with the same goal.

But unlike in 2014, the last time Josh Dobbs and Nathan Peterman played as teammates, the former Vols will be on opposite sidelines as members of the North and South teams for Saturday's 2:30 p.m. (EST) game at Ladd Stadium (TV: NFL Network).

Peterman, who transferred to Pitt following a three-year stint at UT stint, enters the week the top-rated quarterback in Mobile, according to the event's executive director, former NFL general manager Phil Savage.

"I think Nate Peterman has a golden opportunity to showcase what he can do," Savage said at Monday's press conference at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza.

"He has timing in his feet and his arm, and he has a good head on his shoulders in terms of anticipation and timing."

Peterman's time at Tennessee was challenging, with Coach Butch Jones ultimately going with more of a dual-threat QB in Dobbs who better fit his hurry-up, spread offense.

Peterman and Dobbs have no hard feelings toward one another and have already spent time catching up with one another.

In addition to competing against one another in Saturday's game, Dobbs and Peterman will compete with the other four quarterbacks at the event's practices starting today (TV: NFL Network).

Both Peterman and Dobbs impressed NFL scouts this season, and both recorded historic victories that will etch their place in their respective schools' histories.

Dobbs ended Florida's 11-game win streak over Tennessee with a 5-touchdown performance that included four TD passes in the second half of a 38-28 victory.

Peterman engineered a 43-42 win at eventual-national champ Clemson in addition to knocking off rival Penn State, 42-39.

Dobbs further opened NFL eyes with a red-hot November, while Peterman was quietly making his mark with scouts and general managers throughout the year.

"(Peterman) was one of the senior quarterbacks out there that probably had the most buzz, even though it was sort of under the radar, because as you know Pitt was very productive on offense," Savage said. "I think Nate is in the best position going into the week."

Savage said that Cal's Davis Webb can also "establish himself in this mix of quarterbacks that probably have more questions than answers."

Savage pointed out that last year the Senior Bowl invited eight quarterbacks, and by the end of the NFL draft, 15 signal callers had been picked.

"This year there's more debate about who really is the best quarterback and how they shake out," Savage said. "My hope is that between Nate and Davis Webb and the other quarterbacks, with us going back to the traditional model of six, they'll all be able to show what they can do.

"I know there's a lot of maturity in the group, when you look at guys like C.J. Beathard and Josh Dobbs, who have played a lot of football."

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/josh-dobbs-nathan-peterman-senior-bowl
Share 49ersWebzone