LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 148 users in the forums

McShay and Kiper on 2017 QB's

This is going to be long rebuilding project for our new GM. This team is so bad, that we can go with BPA every pick. There is no need to reach for a Qb. If we have the 1st or 2nd pick we have to go with Garrett. The one QB that I want no part of is Kaaya.
While I'd love for there to be an Andrew Luck-caliber QB prospect in this draft, this may not turn out so poorly for us. There are elite prospects at other positions (Fournette, Garrett, Peppers) and it seems like there may be a few QB options at the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd.
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
This is going to be long rebuilding project for our new GM. This team is so bad, that we can go with BPA every pick. There is no need to reach for a Qb. If we have the 1st or 2nd pick we have to go with Garrett. The one QB that I want no part of is Kaaya.

By new GM you mean Baalke.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I can't see Baalke surviving this disaster of a season. Somebody has to be the scapegoat, it was Harbaugh, then Tomsula, now its Baalkes turn.

I can't see Baalke surviving this disaster of a season. Somebody has to be the scapegoat, it was Harbaugh, then Tomsula, now its Baalkes turn.

All reports saying that Baalke is safe.

I just get the feeling that Jed will ride with Baalke no matter what.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=17877440

5:30 - 16:40 is pretty a sobering reality about where college football is Todd McShay called it borderline crisis. I gotta say, I listened to the whole interview and I have to say that it was a real indictment of the college game, though they didn't say that specifically in the interview. I've been saying for a long time that the college game is really underdeveloping players, in particular the QB, RB, O-line, and WR spots. The college game is just incompatible with the pro game, and it's getting worse. Not a 1st round grade on any of the QB's, at a time when the 49ers need a QB.

I'm at the point where, at certain positions, I feel we should only draft players from pro-style offenses. Plus, I think the league should really find a way for teams to be able to develop - truly develop - players. Tweak the practice squad rules perhaps But something has to be done. The NFL game requires QB's to stand in the pocket, read defenses, and throw accurately. That is a question for all these QB's coming out.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

5:30 - 16:40 is pretty a sobering reality about where college football is Todd McShay called it borderline crisis. I gotta say, I listened to the whole interview and I have to say that it was a real indictment of the college game, though they didn't say that specifically in the interview. I've been saying for a long time that the college game is really underdeveloping players, in particular the QB, RB, O-line, and WR spots. The college game is just incompatible with the pro game, and it's getting worse. Not a 1st round grade on any of the QB's, at a time when the 49ers need a QB.

I'm at the point where, at certain positions, I feel we should only draft players from pro-style offenses. Plus, I think the league should really find a way for teams to be able to develop - truly develop - players. Tweak the practice squad rules perhaps But something has to be done. The NFL game requires QB's to stand in the pocket, read defenses, and throw accurately. That is a question for all these QB's coming out.

This is why you take garrett no matter what
Originally posted by fan49:

This is why you take garrett no matter what
Disagree there. ILB is the way bigger need than DE. If QB is a reach here then we definitely go ILB - Reuben Foster. I think this team has gotten enough of the Baalke BPA approach. ILB and QB are glaring needs that we just cannot ignore next draft. But if Mitch Trubisky stock continues to rise I think we take him, but sit him for a season.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Oct 25, 2016 at 12:56 PM ]
Falk + Kelly in day 2
Disagree there. ILB is the way bigger need than DE. If QB is a reach here then we definitely go ILB - Reuben Foster. I think this team has gotten enough of the Baalke BPA approach. ILB and QB are glaring needs that we just cannot ignore next draft. But if Mitch Trubisky stock continues to rise I think we take him, but sit him for a season.

OLB and pass rush is a far more glaring need than ILB. In this current NFL you need to be able to pass and you need to be able to pressure the opposing QB.

QB and OLB are the biggest needs, after that you have WR and ILB.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

If Baalke does survive the cut which I think he most likely will, I got a strong feeling Chip Kelly will go back to college. Kelly to LSU would be a match made in heaven, LSU would automatically be a top contender with Kelly at the helm. It's either that or possibly go through another headache of a season with Trent Baalke by your side, and in the end may come down to losing your job anyway. Kelly can say he has no interest in returning to the collegiate level all he wants during the season, it's only protocol.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

OLB and pass rush is a far more glaring need than ILB. In this current NFL you need to be able to pass and you need to be able to pressure the opposing QB.

QB and OLB are the biggest needs, after that you have WR and ILB.

Yuppers.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If true, Garappolo will be highly sought in the offseason. (still not worth a 1st round pick, y'all)
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Baalke does survive the cut which I think he most likely will, I got a strong feeling Chip Kelly will go back to college. Kelly to LSU would be a match made in heaven, LSU would automatically be a top contender with Kelly at the helm. It's either that or possibly go through another headache of a season with Trent Baalke by your side, and in the end may come down to losing your job anyway. Kelly can say he has no interest in returning to the collegiate level all he wants during the season, it's only protocol.

You think Chip leaves this off season? LSU gonna buy out his contract?

who would we replace him with? Who would want to honestly work with Baalke if he stays?

Just a couple questions for ya lol
Originally posted by okdkid:
If true, Garappolo will be highly sought in the offseason. (still not worth a 1st round pick, y'all)

hello no (1st rd pick) especially when it's looking like a top 3 pick. I'd roll with a 2nd though
Share 49ersWebzone