LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Courtland Sutton WR SMU 6'4 220lbs

YEAR TEAM REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2016 SMU 30 590 19.7 88 4
2015 SMU 49 862 17.6 51 9
[ Edited by jerseyniner49 on Oct 18, 2016 at 8:21 AM ]
Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Courtland Sutton. In order my three favorite receivers coming out.

Sutton has huge upside, and hasnt been able to really show what he can do with Matt Davis out for the year. His backup isn't that great but Sutton still makes plays.

I hope he comes out this year.
Originally posted by saniner:
Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Courtland Sutton. In order my three favorite receivers coming out.

Sutton has huge upside, and hasnt been able to really show what he can do with Matt Davis out for the year. His backup isn't that great but Sutton still makes plays.

I hope he comes out this year.

Yes agreed except the Mike Williams part his neck almost career ending injury last year has him suspect of long term but they all ball out see what happens Niners need these type of playmakers.
Isn't Sutton a Sophmore?
where is he projected to be drafted...? bc I'm hoping the niners use their 1st two picks on a QB and either pass rusher or ILB..hoping they sign a big WR in FA..
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Isn't Sutton a Sophmore?

http://www.ffcouchcoach.com/2017-devy-players-college-wr-prospects/

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU (2017 NFL Draft eligible)
Isn't Sutton a Sophmore?

Injured his Freshman year. This is his third year
Originally posted by saniner:
Isn't Sutton a Sophmore?

Injured his Freshman year. This is his third year

Oh I see

elite measurements, some good speed, great body control

Ok hands

average route running

He should stay another year and if he develops he has a good shot at being the #1 WR

If he leaves now i guess he is a 2nd rounder

Honestly the first thing that comes to mind watching him is a young TO

So count me as a fan, I just think he'd be better off staying another year.

Edit: been a big fan of him for awhile. Even have him on my fantasy team, lol
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 18, 2016 at 3:01 PM ]
I've seen a number of different measurements on this guy...and I'd say listing him at 220 is quite a stretch. Looks a lot more like 200-205 range...still not bad, but not as beastly as some are saying. I like Schuster, the kid from USC...he's arguably more battle tested playing in the Pac 12. He fights for the ball, something we really don't have in our WR corps. He's a legit 6-2, 215 and is the kind of baller Kelly needs to rejuvenate his offense.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I've seen a number of different measurements on this guy...and I'd say listing him at 220 is quite a stretch. Looks a lot more like 200-205 range...still not bad, but not as beastly as some are saying. I like Schuster, the kid from USC...he's arguably more battle tested playing in the Pac 12. He fights for the ball, something we really don't have in our WR corps. He's a legit 6-2, 215 and is the kind of baller Kelly needs to rejuvenate his offense.

Looking at USC receivers the way I look at USC linemen lately.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

The schuster kid is slow-as-hell. Plus, I don't trust USC receivers. They fool us every year.
I think this kid is a steal in the 3rd-4th round😎😎😎😎
[ Edited by Boldjames on Jan 20, 2017 at 11:20 PM ]
Quinton Patton 2.0?
Originally posted by jeffreyjetson:
Quinton Patton 2.0?

Pattonwas listed 6'3" in college, and misteriously shrunk to 6'0" by the Senior Bowl.
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
Originally posted by jeffreyjetson:
Quinton Patton 2.0?

Pattonwas listed 6'3" in college, and misteriously shrunk to 6'0" by the Senior Bowl.

Haha I think Sutton is like 6-4 215 and is staying another yr too bad.
Share 49ersWebzone