LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Courtland Sutton WR SMU 6'4 220lbs

Jimmy's future no.1 target
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/186997-courtland-sutton-smu-220lbs/
He could balloon up to us. He is producing and has julio like measurables. We could possibly trade down a couple of spots to get him but I would love to get this guy.
Sutton is not even close to the prospect that Julio was...i wouldn't take him before the 2nd round, and even then there's 4 or 5 receivers I'd rather have
I haven't watched him Live yet. Watched his highlights and most of his plays seem to come from Qb buying time and going deep or fades in the endzone. Idc about physical specimen. I want someone that can run all the routes, ability to seperate and has great hands. I'll reserve final judgement until after watching some games live but I don't feel he is a guy we should spend a real early pick in just yet. I'd rather go after Devante Adams in FA
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Sutton is not even close to the prospect that Julio was...i wouldn't take him before the 2nd round, and even then there's 4 or 5 receivers I'd rather have

Yeah...i don't agree with you there. This kid is a stud. If he played for a major school or with a legit QB prospect he'd most certainly be thought of much higher.
Originally posted by DJamhour:
I haven't watched him Live yet. Watched his highlights and most of his plays seem to come from Qb buying time and going deep or fades in the endzone. Idc about physical specimen. I want someone that can run all the routes, ability to seperate and has great hands. I'll reserve final judgement until after watching some games live but I don't feel he is a guy we should spend a real early pick in just yet. I'd rather go after Devante Adams in FA

He may not be Jerry Rice and his route tree is limited by the offense(as is the case for a lot of these college kids) but he's not just a big body either.

I see this kid climbing into the top 15 when it's all said and done, I think at worse he's an Alshon Jeffrey. At this best a Mike Evans with more consistency.
I kinda want Equanimeous St Brown most of all, primarily because I also want to draft his 2 brothers when they come out and have our 3 primary receivers all be brothers lol.
rather have simmie cobbs then Sutton. Sutton is slated way too high in the latest mocks. To 10? no. More like end of 1st. Cobbs has better route running IMO
Admittedly I don't know much about prospects, but his description sounds similar DBG, but a bit better

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU: Sutton has been productive—he has over 1,800 yards and 19 touchdowns since the start of the 2016 season. But the 6' 4", 216 pounder remains very raw, which explains why there are divergent opinions on him. If he can develop as a route runner, the potential here is vast. "He doesn't run any routes and he's not polished," said an AFC exec. "He makes plays but he looks lost in zone coverage . . . There just aren't many big guys that move the way he moves. He's a great kid, a little naïve, a real small-town type. If he can drop a little weight and learn to get through his mistakes, there's something there."
If we're going to use a pick on a raw big-bodied WR, I'd rather go for Auden Tate. I think he's much better at using his size advantage than Sutton. He high points and boxes out DBs better than Sutton, and since Tate doesn't have much buzz(his QB is terrible), I think he'll be better value.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 6, 2017 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU: Sutton has been productive—he has over 1,800 yards and 19 touchdowns since the start of the 2016 season. But the 6' 4", 216 pounder remains very raw, which explains why there are divergent opinions on him. If he can develop as a route runner, the potential here is vast. "He doesn't run any routes and he's not polished," said an AFC exec. "He makes plays but he looks lost in zone coverage . . . There just aren't many big guys that move the way he moves. He's a great kid, a little naïve, a real small-town type. If he can drop a little weight and learn to get through his mistakes, there's something there."

Thought I was reading about DGB until I got to the he's a great kid part.
1st WR off the board ?!?! I actually seen a mock him going 2 to the niners...called him Julio Jones type for Shanahan..
Share 49ersWebzone