LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Courtland Sutton WR SMU 6'4 220lbs

I think most prospects coming out of college need some polishing on their route running regardless of what they did in college. I always think about how much better they can be rather than what they're currently doing. Developing players is as important as identifying talent. With that said, other than his highlights, he runs the hitch route well, boxes out defender, catches the ball with his big hands. He will be a good possession receiver that can play over the middle. Exactly what the niners need. We don't need a 4.25 guy to pull the lid of the D, we have 4 of those already.

The little things that I like about Courtland are simple things but reviling. He hands the ball to the ref after he's tackled, has to do with his no huddle offense but nonetheless...After he scores, he turns to his team mates and hugs and high fives every single guy on the field. I like that in most of his interviews, the ones i've seen, he thanks his coaches and teammates. Unselfish, like-able, hardworking, smart football players are nice to have. I have second hand knowledge of him from a coaching buddy of mine that is on the SMU staff. We coached together in Texas and in Sacramento together. He has nothing but great things to say. He also gave me a very accurate evaluation of Aldrick Robinson, he too coached him at SMU.
Originally posted by suckafree17:
I think most prospects coming out of college need some polishing on their route running regardless of what they did in college. I always think about how much better they can be rather than what they're currently doing. Developing players is as important as identifying talent. With that said, other than his highlights, he runs the hitch route well, boxes out defender, catches the ball with his big hands. He will be a good possession receiver that can play over the middle. Exactly what the niners need. We don't need a 4.25 guy to pull the lid of the D, we have 4 of those already.

The little things that I like about Courtland are simple things but reviling. He hands the ball to the ref after he's tackled, has to do with his no huddle offense but nonetheless...After he scores, he turns to his team mates and hugs and high fives every single guy on the field. I like that in most of his interviews, the ones i've seen, he thanks his coaches and teammates. Unselfish, like-able, hardworking, smart football players are nice to have. I have second hand knowledge of him from a coaching buddy of mine that is on the SMU staff. We coached together in Texas and in Sacramento together. He has nothing but great things to say. He also gave me a very accurate evaluation of Aldrick Robinson, he too coached him at SMU.

What was the aldrick evaluation
👀
Damn
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

What was the aldrick evaluation

That he was extremely fast but wasn't the best pass catcher. Route running needs to be better by NFL standards. Basically he can't create space on his own, it has to be formation. Him in motion, rub route, crossing routes in zone. He's in the league for his freak speed.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
👀

That was an about route. Fakes the cross seam or drag and pivots out. Funny how his name comes up and bang, one handed grab.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
👀

That was an about route. Fakes the cross seam or drag and pivots out. Funny how his name comes up and bang, one handed grab.

I know Shanny is probably keeping very close eyes on him.

This is embarrassing. You don't take players based on their personality, other than looking for effort.
Originally posted by darockzillahitman:

This is embarrassing. You don't take players based on their personality, other than looking for effort.

I think you need to start toning it down
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Does this guy have any speed?

Originally posted by mayo49:

Sub 4.5 from looks of it. Intriguing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Sub 4.5 from looks of it. Intriguing.

Maybe a 2nd/3rd rounder?
Maybe a 2nd/3rd rounder?

Sutton is going in the first. How high depends on what he does at the combine.
I guarantee you we are not drafting this guy
Originally posted by darockzillahitman:

I don't think you read the entire post. I mentioned how he uses his body etc.
Share 49ersWebzone