There are 162 users in the forums

RB Leonard Fournette

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by genus49:
Yards per game rushing is a stupid stat. When one guy is being force fed and the other guy isn't that's not saying one is playing better than the other.

And it's not a talent situation. Andrew Luck was way more talented than Matt Hasselbeck but Hass outplayed him a few years ago.

Less talented players can play better than more talented counter parts. Yeldon has been playing better than Fournette this year. Not just running the ball but as a receiver. Last I checked it's part of the game.

Fournette thought he arrived as a rookie even though he was being force fed the ball for the most part. I'm not saying the kid isn't talented but he's nowhere near the "generational" back. Which was the point a lot of us were making last year. Especially with Barkley coming out the year after.

I know you love to argue with people for the sake of it but sorry Yeldon has been the better RB for the Jags this year. And Fournette sure as hell wasnt worth the pick.

Ok NY.

Excuse me? What the heck does that mean?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 8, 2018 at 6:56 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Imagine passing on Mahomes or Watson because you have Bortles. Ouch

On the plus side they're stupidity could net us a boat load of picks. I like Bosa but that's why I wouldn't be mad if we won a game and ended with the 2nd pick. People just assume things are going to end up like missing out on Garrett for Solly.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Imagine passing on Mahomes or Watson because you have Bortles. Ouch

On the plus side they're stupidity could net us a boat load of picks. I like Bosa but that's why I wouldn't be mad if we won a game and ended with the 2nd pick. People just assume things are going to end up like missing out on Garrett for Solly.

This draft will not be like 2017. The good news is that all will not be lost if we win a game. But it's highly preferred we get Bosa. Im not even sold on a trade down if it causes us to move down too low. I'm not interested in more picks. I'm interested in day 1 impact players. If they get one at DE, CB, and ILB, I'm good and we can round out the rest of the roster prior to the draft in free agency.

We lack depth but we also lack viable starters at multiple positions or have guys playing out of position. Bosa at least allows us to play Thomas at 5T and kick inside on 3rd (the real Michael Bennett role....not playing LEO the majority of the time ). And we may have a chance of salvaging that pick. If it was announced that they intended to play Thomas there at the time of the '17 draft, I would've been 100% against the pick.

How many rushing yards a game you get is a stupid stat. Really? Take that up with their coach because that's what he's saying. You can't call someone with half the work load, half the production per game more impactful.

You know what I meant. When you have a tiny YPC but higher rushing yards per game that's a bad stat to use as the win all.

THIS year which is what we're talking about Yeldon has a higher yards per run and reception. He's outperforming Fournette. If the coaches use him less that's on them.

And it's not like Fournette has 300 carries while Yeldon has 30.

Their touches on the season are very close.
I was terrified during the 2017 draft by the rumours of Kyle being anamoured of Fournette. Thank God that didn't happen. Although Thomas/Foster are just as nightmarish

What an awful draft.
Originally posted by genus49:
You know what I meant. When you have a tiny YPC but higher rushing yards per game that's a bad stat to use as the win all.

THIS year which is what we're talking about Yeldon has a higher yards per run and reception. He's outperforming Fournette. If the coaches use him less that's on them.

And it's not like Fournette has 300 carries while Yeldon has 30.

Their touches on the season are very close.

When you have limited carries a game it's silly to think that guy has more impact as your work horse just because he averages .6 yards better. You wouldn't say Mostert is more impactful than Breida because guess who averages more. And again LF has only played 6 games. It's one thing if you could point to 19 carry 90 yard performances in his place but it's not the case.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 8, 2018 at 8:16 AM ]
Yeldon is their change of pace back. It's not uncommon at all to see a change of pace back have a higher ypc than the starter who's clearly better.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Damn...

This dude is trending towards bust at a generational velocity.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Pass.
That's a weird complaint. We don't like the way he was sitting on the bench.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
This dude is trending towards bust at a generational velocity.

In before all the "low risk, high reward" comments
And some people thought my RB board of: McCaffrey, Kamara, Hunt and then Fournette (at RB4) was insane.
Share 49ersWebzone